DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Vote_lcapMeydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Voting_barMeydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Vote_lcapMeydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Voting_barMeydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
tomriv
Co-Driver
tomriv

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Empty
PostMeydan 1/5 race track aerial view

Falcon R/A view from meydan rd from nad al sheba dub al ain road heading south
Race track on left side opposite mosque

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Race_t12

Racetrack view mid right hand

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Race_t10

Race track view above mosque north heading

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Race_t11

View facing the mosque south heading

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Race_t13

View above the race track

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 4 Race_t15
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view :: Comments

paul
Re: Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view
Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:27 pm by paul
okay lets give it bash

i reakon we try glueing it down as nailing might tear through the velcro after a couple of removals.

lets try and glue a piece of velcro in place this weekend and see if it works ( i reakon an epoxy type glue would probably work best, we would just need to clean the surface properly before we apply it)
cathurga
Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:48 pm by cathurga
I have some 5 minute epoxy I use for repairing planes, and it is incredibly strong, but I dont know how resilient it will be with the weather factor...when it sets, it sets pretty hard which means it will be brittle.

I will see what is available at ace, but I have a suspicion that industrial outdoor silicone is going to be first prize... Obviously the plates that I have will not work too well as there is nowhere really to stick the velcro on. But we can at least check the endurance of the velcro on the ground.

The other thing I was thinking, was to bolt/weld some alu panels onto one section of the drivers stand, and create a lockable 'cupboard' out of it. We could then use it to store some inexpensive things like plates, ladder (bridge) and that sort of stuff.....

Anyon here a metal worker...??
paul
Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:03 pm by paul
andy,

we may need to try a few different glues to see what works best - i'll also have a look around and see whats available.

i was in ace in DFC the other day and they were promoting something that could glue anything to everything - they had brick with all sorts of things glued to it - cant remember the name but will see if i can find it

i'll will also have a look and see if i can find a specific outdoor/heat resistant epoxy

LaNcE
Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:38 pm by LaNcE
Guys, we noticed while it was our turn to marshal, that the previous users of the place put some markers as well. And there were markings of some sort of adhesive on the asphalt. They probably tried it before as well. At first we thought they were left over parts of broken reflective markers but they were adhesive. (?) should we try keeping the markers on the asphalt or is it better to make it portable?

An easy way to extend the drivers' stand is to make a bridge or a panel between the two parts.
We just need to find a way to strengthen the stand and make it stable. Some parallel pieces and tension cables as cross members perhaps. And a new set of rails.. very happy
gerg
Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:16 am by gerg
I think what you want to use for glue is called liquid nails. They have it in Speedex and like someone mentioned it has brick on display with all types of stuff stuck to it. Cleaning the tarmac will be necessary first. I may have some liquid nails at work, I brought it and did not use it so we can try it out on Friday if we like.

I think drilling a hole in tarmac will not work too good. Asphalt will tend to crumble round the edges if you drill a hole and it will progressively disintegrate unless you have a proper insert to put into it with a flange on top.

Idea for a lockable storage area is a good idea, and I had also thought of doing this when we build some kind of extension to the driver stand. At the same time we can design it to hold our sensor bridge (maybe just a couple of bracket on the legs of the stand and loop or chain in the right spot) so both can be locked up.

We could also make the new center section of the driver stand a bit wider to add stability (if we build a complete new section with legs). If it is only a bridge, then we will need to build some support to hold the existing legs together firmly, and I'm a bit concerned about it tipping over if some one gave it a bit of a push.

cathurga
Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:38 am by cathurga
We could even get a lock.box and weld/bolt it to the drivers stand. As long as we can secure it and put a decent lock on it. Leave it empty for a few weeks and see how regularly it gets broken into and the decide. As I side project we could leave some beverages laced with turbo-lax in there and then see if there have been any cases of chronic dehydration reported in Dubai hospitals smile

I saw that glue that had been laid down, and even the drivers stand has been doctored with it. I still think any attempt at gluing corner markers down would be temptation for someone to uproot it, and remove. Just for sports.....

An extension of the drivers stand could be just double what it is now and it would be better. I am going to a metal-work shop around the conrer from me tomorrow to see if they can do it. If we have any draughtsmen amongst us (I know of one) perhaps we could take some measurements next time we are there and do some renderings with measurements and I could give it to the shop? Volunteers?
Jay
Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:49 am by Jay
Leave it to me Andy.. I know one too very happy
I'll ask him to bring a measuring tape this weekend haha!

Or we can go one time after office if your free.. just let me know when ok.
cathurga
Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:01 am by cathurga
LOL, thought you might pick up on that. I will give you a call in the week, what time do you knock off work? Even if it is after dark we can take a drive over there, armed with a torch and a measuring tap. I think I have both.
Jay
Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:46 am by Jay
I can leave the office around 5:30 pm.. so i guess we still have some light left by that time cause later than that there wont be enough light for some pictures.
Let me know very happy
paul
Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:11 pm by paul
gerg wrote:
I think what you want to use for glue is called liquid nails. They have it in Speedex and like someone mentioned it has brick on display with all types of stuff stuck to it.

"liquid nails" yip thats the stuff, i got a sneaking suspicion that might be the winner!

andy, sounds like you and jay got measuring up and drawings up the stand covered but if you need any help let me know, i can meet you guys out there or help on the design
cathurga
Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:56 pm by cathurga
Paul, cheers.....I can help with the measuring, but that is about it....I will take some photo's and then leave the rest up to you and Jay to design something.
With regards to the most efficient way of doing this, I think the 'bridge' between the two existing units is going to be the cheapest/simplest way, but we will need to do this within structural limits and at the same time support the end points and prevent them from tipping over....
I am going to see how my day pans out, but would like to at least get out there and measure. We can then design and submit the design to a workshop. Ideally I would like to have the design at the shop before the end of the month, then collect some funds at the end of the month and have it delivered the following week.

It's time we got a move on with this....
tractorboy
Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:54 pm by tractorboy
Looks like there is some good motivation going on. Saturday was a good turn out and im up for a weekly meet.

Im flying to the UK on Saturday morning for two weeks due to work. I am willing to make my donation before i leave if its going to help to get things moving. Andy if you want me to drop it off to you before i leave let me know.
cathurga
Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:48 pm by cathurga
Dan, it can wait a bit, I am still doing some research on pricing for the stand, and then we will move forward. I am a bit reluctant to build too much until we have the all clear...

Enjoy your vacation smile
gerg
Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:38 pm by gerg
Anyone planning to visit on Friday.
I'm considering a visit around 4:30 ish for some R&D
cathurga
Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:07 pm by cathurga
Greg, not on the cards for me, but I will go down a little earlier on Sat..probably around 3pm

Jay and I were there yesterday evening to do some measurements and take some pics to take to the metal workers. I think him and Paul were going to do some collaboration on a cad design .... hopefully next week some time I can get some ideas on cost on lengthening it...
tractorboy
Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:27 am by tractorboy
Are we meeting this coming saturday?
paul
Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:39 am by paul
I'll be out there 2thumbsup
gerg
Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:11 am by gerg
I'll probably make it down. Will Miss Zero be coming?
tractorboy
Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:56 am by tractorboy
Most likely, still need to build her though. Cant get enough of the Pink cool
Samaj
Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:56 pm by Samaj
What time on Saturday guys?
paul
Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:17 pm by paul
sam

i would aim for around 4pm....if the weather is good i might head out a bit earlier
Samaj
Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:23 pm by Samaj
I will definately try and come in this time.
mister-e
Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:55 pm by mister-e
I'll bring along my vintage touring car toetap5
23T brushed!

13T's, here I come dance
cathurga
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:02 pm by cathurga
Ok so we have
Paul - you got your 13T ready?
Andy - 13T at the ready
Dan - 13T and ghey car at the ready?
Mister-e - 23T brushed at the ready?
Gerg - 13T oiled up and back in the tourer?
Sam - Spectating or ready?

Maybe we should have a little 'informal' touring race session...?

Who else?
paul
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:25 pm by paul
i got my 13T in my FF03 but can switch it to the tourer very happy

whats the plans for the mini endurance race?

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view

Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next