DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Vote_lcapMeydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Voting_barMeydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Vote_lcapMeydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Voting_barMeydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
tomriv
Co-Driver
tomriv

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Empty
PostMeydan 1/5 race track aerial view

Falcon R/A view from meydan rd from nad al sheba dub al ain road heading south
Race track on left side opposite mosque

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Race_t12

Racetrack view mid right hand

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Race_t10

Race track view above mosque north heading

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Race_t11

View facing the mosque south heading

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Race_t13

View above the race track

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 Race_t15
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view :: Comments

cathurga
Re: Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:30 pm by cathurga
Paul,

No plans yet for the Enduro, but I will start a seperate topic on that shortly. I have been let down by the metal worker who was supposed to build the extension to the drivers stand, ideally I would like to have that done before we embark on any more racing.

Why do you want to take it out of the FF03? Just come and race it as is.....with 2WD and the correct gearing you should be able to be competitive for sure, I know Ian was racing around in has and he was getting a pretty good clip....! I have my tourer set at a FDR of about 6.24 and it seems to be a decnt mix for that track....a 2WD with a similar ratio would do pretty well...

c'mon, hands up for the 2 wheel crew!
paul
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:37 pm by paul
cool will run the FF03 then! let me see what i can do about my gearing as its still stock wilinili
cathurga
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:41 pm by cathurga
With the std 68T spur......

A 28T pinion will give you 6.31
A 29T pinion will give you 6.10

neutral
jebjeb
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:58 pm by jebjeb
ian with 13T on FF03 PRO... present!

my FDR for my kit is 6.10:1 that should match the 4wd's twisted evil

@ paul, i have an extra 28t pinion for your ff and which should give you 6.31:1
Samaj
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:58 pm by Samaj
I will be there at 4pm. (3 is even better)

Will bring
TT01 4Wd with Black speed tuned - Stock gearing.
Mini with silver can & stock gearing.

Not sure how the Black can compares to a 13T..? Will i be able to keep up?
cathurga
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:07 pm by cathurga
Sam, not with stock gearing.......you will be slooooooow...... cool
Samaj
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:17 pm by Samaj
Great.............i am obviously out of touch. Specially when u guys talk about gear ratios...Cant understand a thing.

Can u recommend the pinion gear size for me to use for both the classes considering i use the black & silver can.

Obviously my next question will be is anyone selling those pinions as i dont have any. sad

Promise to get up to speed soon......... smile
paul
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:22 pm by paul
jebjeb wrote:
ian with 13T on FF03 PRO... present!

my FDR for my kit is 6.10:1 that should match the 4wd's twisted evil

@ paul, i have an extra 28t pinion for your ff and which should give you 6.31:1

thanks ian, please can you bring it along!

i will check what i have at home but i dont think i have any pinions that big...in the right pitch
cathurga
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:01 pm by cathurga
Sam, I have some pinions at home, but you need to check which spur your TT-01 has as standard. Then apply the pinion size.

If I recall, you should have a 58T spur in the kit, and if you put a 25T pinion on, will give you a final drive of 6.03, you will be competitive with that, but you may overload/heat the motor. Put a 24T pinion on and your FDR will be about 6.25 which would be better......shove your Sport Tuned in it, and a nice big heatsink....I will bring some pinions...

Tamiya makes a high-speed gear set for the TT-01 which includes a 55T spur, and the F201 had a 52T spur, and with that you can get a TT-01 to haul a$$ .....
Samaj
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:03 pm by Samaj
Big thanks...!
gerg
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:10 pm by gerg
OK, I will do the motor shuffle once more. That means I may have to put the sidewinder 4600 combo in the F1 though shocked

tourer with 13T
mini with black can
F1 totally overpowered

By the way I tried the Ride F1 tires last week and they were an epic fail. Completely uncontrollable cry Don't understand why your F1 does well on rubber but mine not. Back to the foams.
cathurga
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:00 pm by cathurga
Oh dear, thats NOT what I wanted to hear about the RIDE's, I had so much faith in them....we will see anyway, maybe I am a better driver....OR I suspect that my ceramic nitride diff balls, aluminium motor cage, additional weight, loose diff might add to the stability...or not. I hate this hobby. For the F1 I have also got a set of std Tamiya foams to try out....I have spent a small fortune on this car and I still cannot handle it...LOL

I will have to put the ST in the mini then.....or I might leave the mini at home...its GT time now smile

Oh, could everybody that is coming down on Sat bring a 2L coke (full fat), lets get that track super-sticky!

I will be there from about 3pm...
tractorboy
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:31 pm by tractorboy
Andy i havent got a 13T brushless yet, only options i have are black can and 19T Brushed which i doubt im allowed to use? If not may be i can try to pick up a 23T cheaply at one of the local dives. Anyone have any ideas?

Sakura may not make an appearance as its still not built, but i picked up two of my other old tourers from the UK so will use one of those instead
gerg
Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:19 am by gerg
Dan, I think it is pretty informal. If you win, we all know you cheated....... laughing
Go the 19T and gear it down a little.

Andy, I'm thinking I might try to put harder insert in the tires. They have a lot of air gap and very soft, but I think yours were like that too?
cathurga
Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:07 am by cathurga
Dan, do what you want, we will all beat you anyway....LOL....kidding. You might find that you have to gear it down as Greg says, otherwise you may find it getting a little hot....not only that, but there are some tight areas of the track that you will find it tough going with all that speed. I have a 9T BL installed in the Evo4 just to try it out, but I have geared it at about 7.5 FDR, it will go like a bat outta hell but it will be too quick for that track. I am doing it just as a test bed. The TB03 will be sporting the 13T.
Anyway, all informal for the time being, we need to get the mini enduro done, and give everyone some time to upgrade to a BL for GT. If there are enough people wanting to stay on brushed, they could use ST and have a seperate class for it.

Greg, it was the shimizu tires that had a fair airgap, in hindsight I shoulda used better foams on them....but I wont get them again because they are really difficult to glue.
Now I have rides on, but the foams on these seem to fill out the tire nicely. They are super soft compound and if they drive well, they certainly wont last long...
As of now, the best have been the tamiya soft compound, they are also marginally bigger diameter than the others, but that problem can easily be fixed with gearing...My last test platform will be stock 104 foams, after evaluating 4 types, I will pick one and then just try and get used to it....
jebjeb
Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:43 am by jebjeb
tractorboy wrote:
Andy i havent got a 13T brushless yet, only options i have are black can and 19T Brushed which i doubt im allowed to use? If not may be i can try to pick up a 23T cheaply at one of the local dives. Anyone have any ideas?

Sakura may not make an appearance as its still not built, but i picked up two of my other old tourers from the UK so will use one of those instead

hi Dan! thought you're coming down to my house to collect your items.

I also have a slightly used yeah racing 13t bl system i got from strawb. i thought mine was dead after i air sprayed it but seems to be working fine now. maybe you want to buy it?
tractorboy
Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:16 am by tractorboy
Hi Ian,

Sorry work has been killing me and i was knackered after work today. Will make it down tomorrow i promise! How much do you want for it? If the price is good ill take it.

If not ill go down the 19T brushed route for the Saturday.

Im half way through building Pinky so it looks like she will make her first outing this weekend.
LaNcE
Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:00 am by LaNcE
My sakura was built for the supposedly touring race in the Adrenaline.. neutral
But haven't really tuned it for racing yet. I'll do some testings in the coming days and will have her ready for saturday.. still some spin outs when I tried it last night at Area2, will try it in Al Meydan next time.

It's her on the leftmost side..

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view - Page 5 _dsc0020

@Dan, have fun building Pinky. I'm sure you'd be surprised at how precise the parts fit. And btw, don't lose anything, the kit comes with the exact number of screws, 2 shims, and plastic parts. When I was done building, all that's left were plastic bags and the box.. laughing
I think the most expensive part of the kit is the manual.. It's glossy.. very happy

tractorboy
Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:55 pm by tractorboy
Lance im pretty pleased with the overall build quality and for the price its really good value. Not sure how it will e round the track yet though.

I may have a problem as i think ive lost one of the washers already! But im sure i have a spare, it just wont be pink!
gerg
Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:03 am by gerg
So the 13T is in the tourer. FDR 6.33, Tornado fan to keep it as cool as I can, so just wondering...... are you guys also ramping the timing up full on the 13T?

cathurga
Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:41 am by cathurga
Greg, thats pretty much the same as my setup, so we should be pretty even on the topspeed. I also have a few fans (three) to keep things cool....
I just happened to be passing the track this evening so took the car for a bit of a run, and the temp never got over 60Deg so I think another tooth up might be optimal....maybe about 6.1 FDR but I dont have an inbetween pinion.
I have the timing on my ESC set at one step above the 0deg, I have kept it there because the shaft cars get some torque steer if there is too much oomph, but given the ratio, I think it could be set higher....will leave it as it is for now.

With the timing set high, it will up your speed, but your runtimes will dip....
Samaj
Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:48 pm by Samaj
Just realised i have the Tamiya optonal gear set with the 55T and 58T. I'am running the black can on my TT-01 , dual fan heat sink & 3600 Lipo packs. What pinion is recommended for me to be able to hang equally with the boyz..?

cathurga wrote:
Sam, I have some pinions at home, but you need to check which spur your TT-01 has as standard. Then apply the pinion size.

If I recall, you should have a 58T spur in the kit, and if you put a 25T pinion on, will give you a final drive of 6.03, you will be competitive with that, but you may overload/heat the motor. Put a 24T pinion on and your FDR will be about 6.25 which would be better......shove your Sport Tuned in it, and a nice big heatsink....I will bring some pinions...

Tamiya makes a high-speed gear set for the TT-01 which includes a 55T spur, and the F201 had a 52T spur, and with that you can get a TT-01 to haul a$$ .....
cathurga
Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:15 pm by cathurga
24T or 25T on the 58T you will be at a decent gear ratio.....may need to keep an eye on the temp though. If the motor is not labouring then shove the 55T on and 55T pinion.....will be quick, but willnot accelerate very well...
Samaj
Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:59 am by Samaj
Had a blast today guys. Considering i drove my R/c cars last year during the race at Autodrome. Felt great.............hopefully i should come more often now.
LaNcE
Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:43 pm by LaNcE
ok.. so it was sakura's first outing with the big boys.. it was ok but still needs some more tweaks and a better set of tires. but all-in-all, i'm impressed. thumbs_up

i love pink. very happy

Meydan 1/5 race track aerial view

Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next