DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 5 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 5 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 5 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 5 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 5 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 5 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 5 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 5 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 5 Vote_lcap2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 5 Voting_bar2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Jay
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 5 Vote_lcap2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 5 Voting_bar2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 5 Empty
Post2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series

A

ITS ALL OVER!!! We have endured the summer heat, and the best team has prevailed!!

A BIG CHEER TO TEAM JJ DUBSHOP!!!!

I have put all the driver points and team points down for you to reflect on. Bear in mind that some of the non-regular points are a bit skewed, there were some stand-in drivers during the season.

Congratulations to the top three drivers
1st - Eathan
2nd - Ian
3rd - Andy

And a really good effort to everyone.

I will make a few personal commendations to Lance for most improved driver (even without his 'special' motor laughing ) and to Jon & Bong for consistancy throughout the event. Both managed to get in the points a few times, and were unlucky not to qualify for some of the finals but both of them contributed points that boosted their teams chances of competing. Unfortunatelyfor some teams, work intefered with participation, and Dan, Duane and most notably Jay were not able to attend, but when they were there, were in the running. Also, Eric would have been a thorn in our sides had he not been transferred to Thailand, but I am pretty sure he is getting his RC fix there....

Now what are we going to do each week????

WEEK 19 (4 Byes) - POINTS STANDING
ISAAC HUNT RACING - 230
Andy - 98
Graham - 88
Jamie - 44

TEAM JJ DUBSHOP -246
Jon - 34
Eathan - 108
Ian - 104

TEAM MAWA - 48
Bong - 34
Chris - 10
Lindsey - 4

TEAM DAG - 122
Dan - 20
Ahmed - 14
Greg - 88

TEAM UNKNOWN - 68
Jayson (keiichi) - 2
Lance - 60
Ryan (JRacing) - 6

TEAM JED-I - 90
Jay - 40
Paul - 36
Duane - 22

Last edited by cathurga on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 36 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series :: Comments

Re: 2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series
Post Tue May 04, 2010 7:09 pm by Bandit
if you really love the hobby you must learn how to solder ahahahaha!

i think this is the solution to avoid soldering always...

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-connector-banana-team-orion-twisted-gold-plugs-ori40002-pi-7328.html?picID=1

solder the female on the motor and male on the ESC thats all, everytime you change motor just remove the male from the motor and insert the male to the new motor you will use...

2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 5 Motork

JM2C
Plug and Play
Abdul Basit
Post Tue May 04, 2010 7:18 pm by Abdul Basit
chardiboi wrote:

i'd rather buy one. . . . i'm not mcgyver very happy

so you got a pack full of them, and you've never used it, coz you just knew NOW of Andy's reason not to use them. . . . surprised

I couldn't solder it properly, I only got my pack last week, and dad's out of country, so he can't help me... And I know that they are harder to remove compared to all the other connectors I've used.

Which is why I asked Sir Andy if they are worth it (resistence, etc.), because I can't bother installing them if they are not...

O_o
LaNcE
Post Tue May 04, 2010 7:31 pm by LaNcE
Okay, this thread has now gone from the Mini SSS to a soldering tutorial and a DIY soldering iron..

Off-topic guys..

But might I say.. This is all too amusing.. laughing
bong
Post Tue May 04, 2010 7:36 pm by bong
and very informative too

thanks guys laughing sarcastic hand
Abdul Basit
Post Tue May 04, 2010 7:36 pm by Abdul Basit
What's so amusing about it?
Abdul Basit
Post Tue May 04, 2010 7:37 pm by Abdul Basit
What's so amusing about it?
LaNcE
Post Tue May 04, 2010 7:49 pm by LaNcE
everything.
jebjeb
Post Tue May 04, 2010 10:37 pm by jebjeb
You guys are off topic! Silvercan it is! punish

I'm amused already smile
JRacing
Post Wed May 05, 2010 3:40 pm by JRacing
hehe.. i also vote for silver can since it comes with the kit..

@andy can you please add mo to the drivers list.. just finished with my mini.. thanks! hurray
biker_jet
Post Wed May 05, 2010 3:47 pm by biker_jet
Me too andy, my mini is ready...
tractorboy
Post Wed May 05, 2010 7:45 pm by tractorboy
Who is racing on Saturday?
e17324
Post Wed May 05, 2010 8:35 pm by e17324
can you add me also Andy, but my kit is still on the way, might be able to run it by next saturday (may 15). smile
@Jracing & Biker_jet shall we be team mates? driving
biker_jet
Post Wed May 05, 2010 8:38 pm by biker_jet
Sure!!
LaNcE
Post Fri May 07, 2010 1:31 am by LaNcE
please add our team..

Jayson (keiichi)
Lance
Ryan (JRacing)

thanks!

**still have to come up with a name..
strawb
Post Fri May 07, 2010 6:35 pm by strawb
has the series started already? ...... i'll be going back to the UAE next week ...... can the series be held on fridays so the al ain boys can join in on the fun?
cathurga
Post Sat May 08, 2010 4:58 pm by cathurga
Sorry guys, I have had a pretty busy week, and not had much time to get things rolling, but we will race this week.

We will do it on a first come first serve basis, and registration will be from 5pm today at Area 2. It looks like we could have quite a few racers so we will up the allowance this week to 15 racers; 5 each in 3 heats. We will start at 6pm sharp.

I have had some problems with the software but it looks like it could be sorted out, unfortunately it can only be tested with drivers so I will be there a little earlier to do some testing.
With the shortage of transponders, we will need to swap after each race and we will have the same drivers using the same transponders. I am placing an order for some more this week, and over time we should be able to negate the problems with that.

See you all later
cathurga
Post Sun May 09, 2010 9:10 pm by cathurga
Hey All,
Just a little report back on the Mini SSS 2010. Being the first week of the SSS I expected to see more than the 8 racers that were present yesterday, but having a smaller group to manage, and the event off without a hitch. With just 8 racers, we had 2 rounds of 2 heats, and then the one final.
In the first race, the following were drawn: Andy, Graham, Eric & Ian, followed by a heat of Jamie, Eathan, Ryan & Bong. We kept the same formula for both rounds, as on paper, it looked very evenly match. Also for fairness, doing the second Round based on performance is not a good idea, you just need a bad race, and all is GONE!
So, the first race got underway, and I was fortunate enough to get ahead of the pack going into turn one, allowing me to escape and crashes and I had a clear run. I could not pay attention to my driving AND keep an eye on the race, but I gathered it was very close behind me, with a few spills thrown in….Graham emerged from the ruckus and started challenging me. I had put in a battery that was not charged and with one minute to go, I started losing power and Graham was less than half a lap behind me. Going into the last lap, he managed to catch up and passed me in the last corner. Final position was Graham, Andy, Eric and Ian.
Second heat got underway and there was some jostling for position, with Jamie emerging in the first few laps as the main contender, the purple-people-eater was showing that the newer cars seem to have all the pace. He was contested by Eathan and Bong, who seemed to do more damage to themselves than the leader. Racing Ryan is a little new at the mini’s but showed a lot of commitment and was doing well on the horrible kit tires. Jamie started extracting a lead, a lot of good driving, but also assisted by the fact that Eathan was having some technical difficulties. The steering on the old Blue Streak Chassis was playing up, that coupled with the fact that he unfortunately missed a few passes on the timing system meant that he ended up in last place….this shows the importance on getting through the gate cleanly….
Round 2 started much like Round 1, in the same group heat, no-one could catch me, and four minutes later I crossed the line only to find out that I too had missed one lap at the gate…instantly to 3rd position…what was that I said about making clean passes??? Eric took a 2nd to Graham and Ian was mangled into 4th.
Heat 2 in Round 2 was similar again, with Jamie powering ahead and the others were left to fight for the spoils, this time Eathan managed to cling to the steering and managed a better finish with some good driving.
The final was done with 5 entries and depending on the number of competitors, will follow the same format in all SSS races if we have 12 and over, there will be 6 in the finals….The race got underway and it was all very close for the first few rounds, Graham and Jamie managed to get away from the pack and were looking to run away with it, but as the race wore on, Eric and myself managed to eat into their lead and were soon hot on their heels! Eathan was making sure that we kept the pace….going into the last few laps, I managed to get clear of Eric, and headed for the leaders. A series of mistakes saw Graham the first to lose his place, a roll in the final lap on turn to allowed me to whip by and put pressure on Jamie, with the thumbscrews on, it was only at the last turn that he made the final mistake, and rolled whilst making for the chequered flag. The race was mine!!!!
There were some interesting pieces f information from the races, most notably that the fastest laps were not necessarily made by the race winners, also, the final race had ALL the racers (except last position) on the same lap after 5 minutes. This means that all the racing was close, and at no point was there an out and out faster driver. A great days racing!!
I will post the points table from week one, and you will see that teams earned points just by having people attend, and even people who did NOT make the final, still earned points. Hopefully next week will see more people, and hopefully we can get another great day of RRRACINGGG! …WELL DONE EVRYONE! 
biker_jet
Post Sun May 09, 2010 9:15 pm by biker_jet
Sorry guys,

I thought I can run my mini yesterday but I was there too early and thought nobody is going to show up.. I'll join you guys next week for some mini racing fun!
Abdul Basit
Post Sun May 09, 2010 10:06 pm by Abdul Basit
Congratulations Andy.

By the way, IF, IF somehow I can find a team now, can I still enter the SSS? It will take a real miracle though... And if you ever decide that Andy Moore and Chuck Norris can join, let me know.
tractorboy
Post Tue May 11, 2010 2:35 am by tractorboy
Sorry i missed out this week, had a last minute trip to india for a few gigs. Will b there this Saturday though
Post Thu May 13, 2010 12:08 am by Duane
Hi,
I am short of silver cans and hate the idea of paying for such one, especially one that I am going to water dip and either turn into a great motor of a pile of junk depending on the whims of the water god at the bottom of the special water dipping glass.

Anyway how about an option of using the tamiya lightly tuned motor -

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-brushed-motor-tamiya-lightly-tuned-53983-p-24296.html

Its no rocket, its a spec motor thats designed to offer the same performance as a water dipped SC without the magic. I have one and its definintley no better than a good silver can. The advantages are

1) No water dipping required
2) looks nice
3) replaceable brushes
4) its a sealed can
5) If you get fed up of mini racing you can tamper with the can and adjust the timing to get a very quick motor that will still run off a TEU 101
6) If you do 5 its obvious and people will not be kind to you if you put this motor in a mini
7) I dont mind buying this motor because it has blue bits and isnt a silver can.
cool No mgic required
9) No water required
10) No prayers required
11) No motors ruined by too much or too little water, magic or payer

Duane.
LaNcE
Post Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 am by LaNcE
i have one too.
And yes it' no faster than a regular SC with the above advantages that Duane pointed out.

But we have to be gentlemen enough (i think i've said this before) to not tinker with the motor.

Some clubs actually are already using this motor as a standard for minis.
If all's well and would like to go with this motor, then it's an advantage for me (i dont have to buy a new one)
Post Thu May 13, 2010 1:00 am by Duane
Ok, just to be very clear its designed by the big T to be a drop in alternative to a well sorted silver can, thats all. I gives no performance advantage but takes away some of the time, luck and expensive involved in the trial and error process of water dipping.

Its a good silver can without the hassle.

Its a really disappointing upgrade if thats what you were expecting but to time challenged folks like me its a great answer to finding a competitive silver can and keeping it competitive.

Duane.
chardiboi
Post Thu May 13, 2010 1:35 am by chardiboi
if it's decided, once and for all, maybe we can all order in bulk, maybe JJ can help us or Vinesh. . .. unfortunately there's no stock at rc mart. . . but we should be able to get it somewhere else, maybe amain? tower? smile
jebjeb
Post Thu May 13, 2010 1:42 am by jebjeb
check rcmushroom or other sites. JJ is happy to order for the group

2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series

Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next