DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 12 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 12 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 12 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 12 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 12 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 12 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 12 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 12 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 12 Vote_lcap2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 12 Voting_bar2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 12 Vote_rcap 
Jay
2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 12 Vote_lcap2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 12 Voting_bar2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 12 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series - Page 12 Empty
Post2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series

A

ITS ALL OVER!!! We have endured the summer heat, and the best team has prevailed!!

A BIG CHEER TO TEAM JJ DUBSHOP!!!!

I have put all the driver points and team points down for you to reflect on. Bear in mind that some of the non-regular points are a bit skewed, there were some stand-in drivers during the season.

Congratulations to the top three drivers
1st - Eathan
2nd - Ian
3rd - Andy

And a really good effort to everyone.

I will make a few personal commendations to Lance for most improved driver (even without his 'special' motor laughing ) and to Jon & Bong for consistancy throughout the event. Both managed to get in the points a few times, and were unlucky not to qualify for some of the finals but both of them contributed points that boosted their teams chances of competing. Unfortunatelyfor some teams, work intefered with participation, and Dan, Duane and most notably Jay were not able to attend, but when they were there, were in the running. Also, Eric would have been a thorn in our sides had he not been transferred to Thailand, but I am pretty sure he is getting his RC fix there....

Now what are we going to do each week????

WEEK 19 (4 Byes) - POINTS STANDING
ISAAC HUNT RACING - 230
Andy - 98
Graham - 88
Jamie - 44

TEAM JJ DUBSHOP -246
Jon - 34
Eathan - 108
Ian - 104

TEAM MAWA - 48
Bong - 34
Chris - 10
Lindsey - 4

TEAM DAG - 122
Dan - 20
Ahmed - 14
Greg - 88

TEAM UNKNOWN - 68
Jayson (keiichi) - 2
Lance - 60
Ryan (JRacing) - 6

TEAM JED-I - 90
Jay - 40
Paul - 36
Duane - 22

Last edited by cathurga on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 36 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series :: Comments

tractorboy
Re: 2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series
Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:15 pm by tractorboy
Wont be making a appearance will be stuck in Ajman today. Ahmed is coming though
cathurga
Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:07 pm by cathurga
Right, scores updated! (eventually, sorry guys)

As you can see, the challenge for top spot is between 2 teams, but the battle for 3rd is on as well, with 2 teams tied up at 82 points.....

As this is week 16, there are stilll 5 weeks (including today) and then the Endurance Challenge to include so there is still time.

Any changes to the teams? Lance, I would suggest leaving team unknown and joining the guys at TEAM MAWA. Bong is a regular driver, and if Chris is beck regularly, you could be collecting at least 6 pts each week. Both you and Bong have been driving very well recently, so I am sure you can collect many more points..

Greg, Dan....I have included Ahmed back into your team....

We noted last week that we are losing the light pretty quickly again now that the season is changing.....so from next week, can we start the racing from 17h30? Please pass the word on to those that dont check in regularly.....
cathurga
Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:17 pm by cathurga
Gents,

It looks like I am not going to be available to race on Saturday, I have a friend in town for a short time, and will be spending some time with them.

I am keen to do a Friday session if everyone is available, and I am off for the sunday because of Eid.....I can do then as well...or we can carry over until next week, if people are going to be away for the Eid break...

Sorry to do this to you all.....but such is life...
cathurga
Post Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:25 am by cathurga
Hi Everyone,

Well, it looks like we will be doing the Mini SSS at the new venue of Meydan. I was down there today with Greg and Graham and it is certainly more fun to drive on than at Area 2 (or 1).

We have made some changes to the track to make the mini running more fun, and I think it will make for some fun racing!

We will still need to stick plates down, and the dirvers stand is good enough for 4 people at a squeeze, and we can get one or two on my pickup.

The track is really grippy and the cars will run a lot better. The light was good until about 6:30 LATEST so ideally we need to start around 5pm. Feel free to get there earlier and get some practice in and lets get this new venue on the MAP.

Please post your opinions before 4pm tomorrow as I know some of you have transport problems with transport, hopefully you can all make a plan to get there...

See you tomorrow...
J.Drift
Post Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:23 am by J.Drift
can we make Area 2 as our assembly point @ 4:00 then depart at 4:30.

for those who ever don't have ride can come very happy what do you think ?
Post Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:43 am by Duane
Not going to make it this week, off to Tanazania, but when I get back, should I fit a sport tuned or are we sticking with silvercans for Meydan ?

Duane.
cathurga
Post Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:48 am by cathurga
Duane, right now we are sticking with the silvercan. They are plenty quick enough over the track we have devised. There is a small section of the straight that has a cunning chicane in it. SC is good enough. See you next time.

Jon, that sounds like a good idea, for those that can offer lifts, I am sure they will be appreciated. I cannot get to area 2 first, but I will go and setup in the interim.
cathurga
Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:18 am by cathurga
Ok guys, hard to believe but we are coming to the end of the inaugural Mini Super Summer Series...! And it has been an interesting run. Today was week 19, and we have missed 4 weekend of racing over the 20 weeks. That is not bad, and tells me that there has been LOTS of interest in keeping this going, since we only missed 4 weeks. And most of that was being down to me not being able to be there, and not because of a lack of interest...

Now I need you all to suggest if we need to run the extra event, or if we should close out the season with the Endurance race..? If you want, we can continue running the 'lost races' for the next few weeks, or head into the Enduro. I think the Enduro should be run in the middle of next month, so we can start at around 4pm sharp (means we need to be there an hour before to set up and prepare the track). So from now until then we could run some of the lost races? Your choice...

We will also need to decide how to run the Enduro. There are some teams whose members dont get down much, and others that are not invoved anymore (Lance is all on his own at TEAM UNKNOWN) so we could change the format that each team can have an invitational driver, or merge some teams. Alternatively, we could have the Enduro as a seperate event and make it 4 per team, and at least 2 cars per team in the race.....Merging teams at this stage of the season is going to impact the points standing and will make it a little unfair. For example, Jamie may not be racing with us anymore, so if IH racing had to employ Lance as our new driver, we would take his points and win the Championship..(I like this idea, but it would be unfair)

So what do you guys think?

I commented on the other thread about todays racing, but just to add from an SSS perspective, there are two teams looking for the top spot, and there are two teams capable of taking the 3rd place....so even down to the last, it is still quite competitive.

Paul, Jay and Duane, your team needs a good turnout next weekl to be able to catch Dan, Ahmed and Greg at Team DAG....there are twenty points between you, and a few places in the next event could be the clincher...!! Not only that, but the top teams, IH Racing and the Dubshop boys (Petshop Boys, Backstreet Boys....) have only FOUR points between them...If you get in the points, it will mean that you can influence the top spots....

Interesting indeed......

gerg
Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:00 am by gerg
Well my vote goes.......

Enduro race, make it separate event so teams can reshuffle as required. I'm not really sure if we have enough people for enduro race yet. we are getting maybe 12 people per week tops, so that's only enough for 4 cars (three people per team) or at most 6 cars (2 cars per 4 person team)........ but lets give it a try.

For the SWS (super winter series) I think we should just go with individual rather than teams. This is the format that every other RC club uses so I'm sure it can work for us too. I'd like to see shorter seasons. maybe 3 or 4 per year. In the end it does not matter too much, I just like having a race really.......

paul
Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:37 am by paul
I reckon for the enduro, it probably makes sense to shuffle the teams a bit so we can get the max amount of cars on the track to start, as I think the enduro will be pretty hard on the minis and I'm not sure how many will survive 90 min of racing, my thinking is basically the more that start means that hopefully more will make it to the end (if we only only have 4 cars starting and 2 don't make it then it won't be that exciting - if we have 10 starting and 5 finish, then at least it will be competitive right to the end)
cathurga
Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:53 pm by cathurga
OK all,

I have edited the first post to reflect the season close....good job all!
J.Drift
Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:06 pm by J.Drift
congratz! JJ team clapping

And also to the top Points keep it up 2thumbsup

Now whats Next ???????

It's Winter Time hurray dance
LaNcE
Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:18 pm by LaNcE
Special motor.. blush

Congratulations to Team JJ and to the top scorers!

Thank you Andy for the effort every week (minus the ones you missed very happy).
I won't be alone in saying that it's very much appreciated.

And great racing everyone!

Enduro runners be set.
J.Drift
Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:02 pm by J.Drift
Why dont we Make 1 step higheir on mini lets try this motor very happy

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-brushed-motor-tamiya-lightly-tuned-53983-pi-24296.html?picID=1

that means every one will use the same new motor thumbs_up what do you think ?
jebjeb
Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:11 pm by jebjeb
congratulations to the winners of mini SSS!!!!

thanks Andy for the effort and thank you all for the support to make our small hobby grow!

chardiboi
Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:47 pm by chardiboi
a big hand to andy for all his efforts. . . . . 2thumbsup

and for his old M03. . . . . who came in top scorer very happy

congrats to Team JJ and the top scorers!!!!! 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

now where's the party?
cathurga
Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:53 pm by cathurga
I had a blast doing it guys.....I told Graham this afternoon that he and Jamie's absence cost the IH racing team victory...he was GUTTED to say the least....

Jon, those motors look ok, but since a lot of people invested in the Sport Tuned, I think we should try those first. Since there is no planned racing for next weekend, a test session with ST motors is probably needed. If I come down, I will bring the timing equipment and we can check some average times with the ST's. The average lap time on the track is about 27 seconds, with a quick lap being a touch over 24 seconds. So it will be interesting to see how much the ST motor can take off that time. The mini circuit is a good blend of straights and turns. So get the mini's armed with ST's.

For a winter season, maybe 5 weeks of individual driving with the points from the top 3 races being counted. And a final based on that. We could do 2 or 3 classes Mini, GT Stock and a free-for-all class.
Maybe starting at 3pm until 6pm every week....let see what happens.
LaNcE
Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:54 pm by LaNcE
chardiboi wrote:

now where's the party?

yeah.. where's the party Richard? cheers
chardiboi
Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:46 pm by chardiboi
LaNcE wrote:
chardiboi wrote:

now where's the party?

yeah.. where's the party Richard? cheers

the Team Bosses should answer that, . . . . i'm just a mechanic. . very happy
cathurga
Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:32 pm by cathurga
MAYHEM
jebjeb
Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:26 pm by jebjeb
right Andy...!

we should start another mayhem only this time its individual and not group smile

but may i suggest every other week? to give way to drifting as most of us driving minis are into drifting as well and since winter is coming, more drifters are coming out.

cathurga
Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:45 pm by cathurga
Ian, yep I think the SSS was too long, but given it was summer, I think it was ok....

I was thinking about a 5-6 week series, with only the top 3 races counting for each driver so you can come every other week, and still be competitive. Maybe because it is getting dark earlier, but we can start earlier, so we could have 2 heats of GT and 2 heats of mini (or whatever) every weekend...over the 6 weeks, take the average of the top 3 race times...

That way even if you dont race every week, you just need 3 weeks of times :-)
jebjeb
Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:20 pm by jebjeb
sounds good to me andy... we just need to start earlier than usual so we can have more fun!

so even if i race every other week, as long as i get good points.. im in right? i think i can manage that! hehehehe
tractorboy
Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:41 am by tractorboy
Can we also have a A and a B final? Some of you guys are far faster than some of us!
LaNcE
Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:53 am by LaNcE
tractorboy wrote:
Can we also have a A and a B final? Some of you guys are far faster than some of us!
+1 very happy

Q: Has anyone tried putting a 21T pinion in an M-chassis and does it actually fit?

I've toppled over this in Tamiya USA's website:
http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ln/491/TCS_Brandon_Koslosky.pdf

Check the pinion's nT..

more HERE

2010 Mini SSS - Super Summer Series

Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next