DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Operation: Bloodhound  - Establish a track and club Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Operation: Bloodhound  - Establish a track and club Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Operation: Bloodhound  - Establish a track and club Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Operation: Bloodhound  - Establish a track and club Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Operation: Bloodhound  - Establish a track and club Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Operation: Bloodhound  - Establish a track and club Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Operation: Bloodhound  - Establish a track and club Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Operation: Bloodhound  - Establish a track and club Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Operation: Bloodhound  - Establish a track and club Vote_lcapOperation: Bloodhound  - Establish a track and club Voting_barOperation: Bloodhound  - Establish a track and club Vote_rcap 
Jay
Operation: Bloodhound  - Establish a track and club Vote_lcapOperation: Bloodhound  - Establish a track and club Voting_barOperation: Bloodhound  - Establish a track and club Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Operation: Bloodhound - Establish a track and club

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

Operation: Bloodhound  - Establish a track and club Empty
PostRe: Operation: Bloodhound - Establish a track and club

LOL,

Everyone still 'wishes' for the new track to fall out of the sky, a gift from the RC deity and whatever other ambassador of goodwill lives there....yet no-one does ANYTHING...

Here is some food for thought......for all of you.

The previous track at the Creek was built on the behest of a hobby shop, the shop was charged AED8000 per year to operate the track, and ensure that people use it. They failed.

If 50 members, paid AED50 per month that equates to AED 30, 000 per year...

If any of you think you can commit to that, and will commit to a monthly tournament of minimum 3 classes let me know.

If we can garner enough support, I will go to the Parks board again.....with a business proposal.

If they charge us AED10,000 per year, we can comitt AED10,000 as a contribution to the building of a stand, electricity an access control system. The last AED10,000 can go towards annual maintenance....

Anyone want to volunteer to help put the proposal, business case and membership regulations together.....or are we all going to pray for that to happen too?
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Operation: Bloodhound - Establish a track and club :: Comments

paul
I can give you a hand andy wilinili
cathurga
Re: Operation: Bloodhound - Establish a track and club
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:25 pm by cathurga
Cool, we can discuss over an ale....we wait for the Automodex thing to finish...then we get going.

It would be nice to have none of the hobbyshops involved in the running, but they would be welcomed to sponsor, or equip a shop on-site....wherever said site is. We need to parks to help out, we cannot do this in a 'rented' area unless the rent is cheap enough.

I will send you some info I have already compiled on the matter.
jebjeb
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:39 pm by jebjeb
im in for your proposal andy... you have my vote and support smile
cathurga
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:41 pm by cathurga
Thanks,

I have submitted a request to the DED for registration of a non-profit organisation, lets see what they come back with.....
J.Drift
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:41 pm by J.Drift
50aed a mo. is not bad to have a decent track with the facilities that we need smile

ill go for it hurray hurray hurray
gerg
I can also help with a business plan.
Will the parks allow sponsorship / advertising?
I'm not necessarily thinking LHS, but just general advertising. A few signage locations could go a long way to the $ target.
gerg
Andy,
I think you have right approach.
The first step has to be to form a legal entity with a membership base in order to move to the next phase.
cathurga
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:50 pm by cathurga
Greg,

From my discussion with the parks, informal as it was, they were happy with sponsorship, provided it was not 'intrusive'.
It is always good to have some way to pay the bills, but in my eyes, that should be the 'jam' on the sandwich....the bread and butter comes from membership fees and volunteer works....

I am going to create a new thread, this is WAAAAY off topic.
cathurga
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:08 pm by cathurga
Ok,

As mentioned previously, with a little help from members, and some volunteer work, we can establish a business plan promoting the search for a venue and a legal entity for a club.

For starters, I have asked the DED for info on establishing a club. I will not proceed any further until after the Automodex event, but any advice/suggestions can be made here.

As of now, a membership fee will be the way forward, and the figure of AED50 per month will be used as a yardstick. I will set up a seperate poll to see who would be willing to pay this amount.

I will edit this post for progress reporting and development.

PLEASE do NOT post rubbish here, anything that is not considered constructive, will be deleted.

Lets see if we can pull this off.

**EDIT**
Regular Member info:
In the last 3 days 36 individuals have visited this site
In the last 7 days 46 individuals have visited this site

I would say, based on this information, we do not have enough interest as of yet to validate 50 paying members @ AED50 per month.
Samaj
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:34 pm by Samaj
Andy. Appreciate your initiative on this.

A friend of mine is the Events Manager at ' www.atcuae.ae' Its basically the Automobile & The touring car club for UAE. Headed by Mohf. Bin Suleam. Majority or rather all the local car clubs are associated to them in order for them to become legit.

He is keen to assit. Luckily they have a weekly management meeting tomorrow.If we can prepare a short letter outlining out intent of forming a club, utilizing the existing facility at the Dubai creek park etc. He can present & discuss the same with the baord tomorrow.

We can take it from there.
Iam off to ADH now for a meeting. Will you be able to get the letter ? Will sms you his email address. His name is Elton.
cathurga
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:49 pm by cathurga
Sam,

I think I know Elton. I was involved in the Desert Challenge for a few seasons. Anyway, I think an association with the ATCC would be a great idea, but I am doubtful they will be massively interested with us. Certainly we could piggy-back nicely with them, but we would need to ensure that we are self-governable. I expect that they would not want to expend energy, resources and funds on us. But we could prove useful as a 'breeding ground' for potential racers of the future.
It migth be short notice for tomorrow's board meeting. But a mention of us would be nice.
Samaj
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:52 pm by Samaj
His email address is Elton@atcuae.ae
See what you can send as an initial info.
Cheers
tractorboy
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:48 pm by tractorboy
Andy i like your motivation.

Was reading your comments in the off road nitro thread, and i would be willing to help out and make a donation for the initial AED 10,000 we may need to raise.

I have one idea, not sure if it will work though. The people who donate towards the initial money that we need should form a comity, who the could aid in maintaining the track.

The only problem with having a comity is that sometimes there can be inflicting issues.

Im not too sure if one the hobby stores would be willing enough to look after a track, and if we did find one im sure they wouldn't run it very well, as the income that would be generated would be very small compared to the mark up they make on their over priced 'Ready to Run' kits.

But if this is done properly, i cant see why this wouldnt work. And once word gets out too all of the on road nitro boys, im sure there will be more than 50 paying members a month.
paul
cathurga wrote:
Cool, we can discuss over an ale....we wait for the Automodex thing to finish...then we get going.

It would be nice to have none of the hobbyshops involved in the running, but they would be welcomed to sponsor, or equip a shop on-site....wherever said site is. We need to parks to help out, we cannot do this in a 'rented' area unless the rent is cheap enough.

I will send you some info I have already compiled on the matter.

cool makes sense to start after automodex!

and agree will be better not to have any of the LHS involved! lets see what we can do!
cathurga
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:20 pm by cathurga
Make no mistake, it is not a case of not wanting the hobby shops to be involved, I DO want them to get involved, but the facility must be managed by a comittee that represents drivers/racers, not store owners.
IIf the Hobby Shops want to get involved, they are MORE than welcome, come ply your business, sponsor an event, or a class if that is all you want to do....but use it to the shops marketing advantage!

The biggest problems right now, are establishing a legal entity, with comittee management structure and a 'BUSINESS PLAN'. It needs to be run like a business, with the difference being that ALL monies serve the company and its shareholders.
The shareholders decide the direction of the company, by voting.

Right now, I would not entertain the idea without a legal manner of collecting money and a PLAN on how to appropriate the funds. The off-road guys are forging ahead, but they need to take care that all the money they collect, is spent the way it SHOULD be, otherwise people complain. Greg is a good guy and I believe he will do it correctly.
We need to do the same for our on-road people.....and I think we need to move forward...the summer months are a perfect time to get it all sorted, and ready for the good weather...>!!
tractorboy
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:30 pm by tractorboy
Andy, my girlfriend is a lawyer. I can get her to look into the legal background (if there is any) in forming a comittee
cathurga
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:03 pm by cathurga
Guess you dont win many arguments then very happy ....sorry, OT?
LaNcE
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:12 pm by LaNcE
i think so too.. they have their ways to turn you around..

haha!

I'm in on this btw..

Just need to gather up as much people as possible..

?: There's gonna be a drift track there if ever right? lol!
cathurga
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:24 pm by cathurga
Lance,

I reckon the idea would be to get an area that is tarmac smooth, and then develop our own track over it.....something that can be changed periodically, say, once a year. And of course a portion of that area needs to be drift oriented....
chardiboi
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:27 pm by chardiboi
i hope there could be a crawling course as well. . . smile count me in. . . with or without the crawl course sad

i'll try to talk to my friends on how they were able to legalize airsoft here in dubai and how the airsoft group came to be recognized. . . what were the steps they did etc. . . i don't know if it will be the same case as for RC though. . . . .
sideslider
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:38 pm by sideslider
I want to contribute for offroad as well as on-road GT/mini

Im ok with 50 a month...no doubt

But bear in mind they probaly want to see somhing like a petition of all the conributers just so they know that there will be backing...the track could also be promoted via the hobby shops themselves..similar to how we promoted dubdrift way back....the only issue that i see is maintaining that interest in the hobby, its very common for some people to disappear for 2-3 years then come back....there will have to be some form of bi-yearly competition to keep that fire going....or else it will be dead from the start

....just my 2 fils

Last edited by sideslider on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Samaj
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:56 pm by Samaj
I'am ok as well to Pay Dhs 50 per month for the track upkeep.
cathurga
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:11 pm by cathurga
Rich, given that crawling only requires a comparitively small amount of space, I m sure a few willing hands would contribute to get something going, no matter how informal. Its the sort of spirit that you have, willing to chip in for the greater good, that we need!
A word with the airsoft guys would be helpful for us to find out how they administer funds. My biggest worry is establishing a bank account and providing reassurance to the contributors/members that their funds are being proportioned properly and not going into some peoples pockets. (Like setting up a car rental company that charges a dirham a day, taking deposits and leaving the country...LOL)

Ahmed, unfortuntely, the goals of the immediate club would be for on-road, we cannot aim for everything at once. We already know that the off-road guys are gathering at Lisaili, so please feel free to contribute with them. If you have funds over to join us too, we would be most welcome. I know the off-road guys and they have chosen to go out to Lisaili, and they are not doing any on-road stuff....so that would be our aim right now.

Last edited by cathurga on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
sideslider
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:16 pm by sideslider
that was a typo from my old post.....disregard that....but read what i posted about the interest

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next