DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
New RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG! Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
New RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG! Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
New RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG! Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
New RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG! Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
New RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG! Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
New RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG! Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
New RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG! Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
New RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG! Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
New RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG! Vote_lcapNew RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG! Voting_barNew RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG! Vote_rcap 
Jay
New RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG! Vote_lcapNew RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG! Voting_barNew RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG! Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

New RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

New RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG! Empty
PostNew RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG!

Guys

Just to let you know there is a new RC club in Dubai for those who like it BIG!

It is called one5racingdubai.com, it caters for 1:5 scale gas on road racing. They meet on fridays and saturdays near the Falcon center close to Nad Al Sheba.

Anyone looking for more info can check out the site or email at info@one5racingdubai.com
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
Share this post on: reddit

New RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG! :: Comments

Jay
Re: New RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG!
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:21 pm by Jay
Quote :
The track is still under development, but ready for use.
so paul have you seen this track already? im interested in the track only lol im sure those big cars are gonna be much more expensive than what we already have now clown
sideslider
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:33 pm by sideslider
meh

if it was 1:5 offroad then i could use my BAJA twisted evil , or i could just get some slicks on the baja and really get sliding, offcourse anything i hit will be ruined!!!!
cathurga
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:48 pm by cathurga
Yeah, 1:5 scale is expensive alright.....the other problem is where to put them, how to carry them etc etc.....they are big...

I am sure they are fun, but not for me thanks.....I will stick to the smaller stuff for now.

Quite keen to see the track though.....where is the Falcon Center?
chardiboi
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:49 pm by chardiboi
paul@play wrote:
Guys

Just to let you know there is a new RC club in Dubai for those who like it BIG!

It is called one5racingdubai.com, it caters for 1:5 scale gas on road racing. They meet on fridays and saturdays near the Falcon center close to Nad Al Sheba.

Anyone looking for more info can check out the site or email at info@one5racingdubai.com

good for them they already have a track. . . . . maybe they have local connections or most of them are locals. . . . . . we should start planning things also. . . IMHO . . . .too bad our local connection is always too busy with "PROJECTS". . . . . smile peace

Last edited by chardiboi on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
paul
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:07 pm by paul
@ Jay, no havent seen the track, just got an email from the guy organising this last night to see if i was interested in joining..

@ Andy, am also keen to go passed and see the track and see them racing, let me know if you decide to go passed. Falcon Centre is on the Meydan road traveling towards and very close to the new Meydan grandstand (old nad al sheba race course)

@ Richard, not sure what connections they have , keen to check out the track, I imagine its a large parking lot converted.....
cathurga
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:14 pm by cathurga
I think he was spamming all the people on the RCU mailing list....I got the same mail. I replied and told him about Dubdrift, but I told him ot to hold his breath waiting for people from here to join up.

I looked on Google and the only place I can see where a track could be made is at the old camel market. Looks pretty big. I am not sure of the old camel market is still operational since the camel track closed but if it is not, it could be a nice place for a track....until someone decides to knock it down...

Our local connection....Ahmed Wasta ...LOL
paul
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:43 pm by paul
Must be, he mentioned he got my details from RCU...

Last time I was out there was about 2 weeks ago and the Camel market is still trading....seems to be in the evenings only

Its actually a nice area cause it generally very quite and no one goes there cause there is nothing out there....the other bonus is that you can run nitro or gas too as no one can hear making noise out there....
.j0sh
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:07 pm by .j0sh
If there are drift tires for the 1:5 scale. It wouldn't be long before I get myself one.
=P
paul
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:18 pm by paul
.j0sh wrote:
If there are drift tires for the 1:5 scale. It wouldn't be long before I get myself one.
=P

they got to be out there somewhere....

check the vid
.j0sh
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:15 pm by .j0sh
Seen that video before sir Paul.
Not sure, but they might have used PVC for the tires. hehe
sideslider
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:35 pm by sideslider
@ALL

i reckon i could get that connection- WASTA on hand, ready and waiting.........hmmm maybe i am to busy with "PROJECTS" - which i am, i would like to bring tha baja down so you guys can really see the thing move, at last for 2 mins hehe shouldnt be too much noise, i put a silencer on the damn thing, like putting a silencer on a gun haaa

but we reallly should go pay this track a visit
cathurga
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:36 pm by cathurga
Like the video.....but they should have turned the sound won so you dont have to hear the guy in the background doing the trimming with his weed-whacker....LOL

Ahmed, you bring the Baja down there and we will use all our Wasta 'points' placating the neighbours and avoiding arrest.... :-)
sideslider
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:10 pm by sideslider
heheh

i'll hold you to that, or should i say: i stop the police from holding us LOL
Riaan
Track
Post Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:36 pm by Riaan
Hey, has anyone been to the track yet? I have, I took my Baja 5b ss there and the track is quite big
Dennis gave me a spare set of keys so I can go drive there when hes not there, The track is located in one of the parking lots, and there arent houses for miles. He even let me borrow some onroad wheel&tires for the Baja since my inner foam exploded, but I don't feel like riding around with somebody elses tires. I might damage them! sorry
cathurga
Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:38 am by cathurga
Riaan, dont think any of us have been there, as most of us are into the smaller stuff, I think Paul dropped by there once, and was duly impressed. I am not sure what the track type/layout is but if it is condusive to the smaller cars, then I am pretty sure you would get a decent following.
Most of us take our 1:10 stuff to Al-Ain when we want to get the tourers out, but if Dennis et al wanted to 'expand' the user base, and could allocate some time to the smaller peeps, then I am pretty sure there would be a lot of keen racers. It wouldnt be nice to have 1:10 on the track at the same time, we would get crushed, but if we had a day that we could specifically race 'tiny' cars we would be in!!

Check out our mini SS thread, we are currently racing every Saturday afternoon for about an hour, and we would LOVE to have an alternative ....
Riaan
Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:51 am by Riaan
Hi cathurga, the track is just a friday fun track nothing serious. I think that it would be easy to allocate time for the smaller cars as it is just a parking lot with lines sprayed on it to mark it out. I don't have school during the next 2 months so I could actually talk to Dennis and mayebe create a track nexto it for the smaller cars. I will just need someone to help with the scaling etc.
cathurga
Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:01 am by cathurga
Riaan, I am pretty sure we could use the same track, as is....we could then utilise our super quick BL motors and have it as a high speed track......cos we all hate speed....

LOL
Riaan
Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:07 am by Riaan
Hahah, yeah thats true, the track isn't much wider than other 1/8 scale tracks I have seen so I'll talk to Dennis, there arent a lot of 1/5 cars out there anyway. I think I actually want to downgrade to a brushless 1/8 because for a 15 year old it is quite expensive t keep my baja running, yet again it is still insane when we go to the dunes blum3
cathurga
Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:20 am by cathurga
Cool, have a word with him if you get a chance, I sent him an email a while ago and got no response....
We have lap timing gear as well so that we can have proper racing, a decent track would be good to do it on. You have painted markers??!!! We have plates....hehehehe, does the trick though.
If you want some rc action with lots of other participants, you could get yourself a 1:10 touring car and race with us, and if you have the skills, shove some drift wheels on it and go sideways too......! Even cheaper than the 1:8 scale stuff....
If you want to drive 1:8 scale buggies, the off-road guys have built a great track out in Lisailli, using blood sweat, tears and donations. They would welcome a new member...they have a thread going at rcuniverse... LINK HERE
Post Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:42 am by Flash
I just got back from the track. Its pretty good! I was running a lipo 1/8 buggy with some slicks just for fun. There is even a small driver stand that should fit 3 or 4 people. Its easy to find, right next to the falcon centre, you will see a huge cark park. only trouble is that the areas is popular with alot of people playing cricket in the car park. But generally they keep to thier side and I kept to mine.
gerg
Post Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:50 am by gerg
I'd love to able to let my 1/10 tourer properly wind out on a bigger track. I didn't realise there was a driver stand at this track.
Any one else keen for a visit?
Post Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:59 am by Flash
and here's a pic, not the best angle but you get an idea.

New RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG! 09072010

New RC Club in Dubai for those who like BIG!

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DubDrift :: News & Events :: Latest News-
Jump to: