DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 Vote_lcapAny interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 Voting_barAny interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 Vote_lcapAny interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 Voting_barAny interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Any interest in a non 10.5 class?

Go down 
+8
gerg
Samaj
chardiboi
Noscire4
jamea
LaNcE
cathurga
Abdul Basit
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 3:46 pm

LaNcE wrote:
If we are gonna run the HW 13T, it is gonna be a non-CF class?

i.e. Tubby Class with GT bodies?

Tubs would make it more fair, but that can only be decided with more votes. I would like that, but I don't think it will be very easy to regulate.

Maybe we could have a weight limit? But that again, would require scrutineering before competition/organized races.

Imo GT bodies should be a must. I don't think there's many kits (except some Associated ones, and maybe a couple of others?) that come with race blobs as standard. Most of them will have to be bought seperately to gain aero advantage.

Besides, GT looks better and realistic. Race blobs often ugly. That's why minis look so awesome zipping around.

Quote :
Mnis on HW as well or the black can as standard?

I was going to ask about black cans myself. Most competitions allow both. They've both been allowed at Area 2, right? Did either of them have a noticeable advantage?

Back to top Go down
jamea
Mechanic
jamea

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 3:54 pm

you are right gerg
keep the chassis open for all and attract as many as posible

these speedos have advanced now days, I just figured out how to use this turbo thing and
still have alot to learn, tried the car on Friday after playing around with the setup and with little help ftom the fast guys and got my car running realy well with the 10.5, , I am in love again.
still cant figure out the needed amount of numbers to punch in the speedo card to get a better punch out of corners .

next is setting up a 12 pan car
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 3:56 pm

Neither of them were run in Area2. We switched to the black can when we went to the Meydan Track. Then some of us installed the 13T when we cannot get any black cans anymore.. neutral

I think maybe we can race what we have right now just to show the track owners that people are here and we are ready to use their facilities.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:09 pm

LaNcE wrote:
Neither of them were run in Area2. We switched to the black can when we went to the Meydan Track. Then some of us installed the 13T when we cannot get any black cans anymore.. neutral

Ah, okay.

So GT/street bodies and open chassis it is?

What does everyone think of a weight limit rule? It could be effective, but it sounds like a lot of work.

TC tires should stay open. Same for TC diffs. Should TC gearing be open as well?
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:12 pm

LaNcE wrote:

I think maybe we can race what we have right now just to show the track owners that people are here and we are ready to use their facilities.

hey guys,

been off the radar for a while, but nice to hear that there is a track and it looks like interest is picking up in getting racing going again.

i think lance has hit the nail on the head, just get down to the track and race what you got! the key is to get people racing!

if theres enough interest you can look at classes etc....and i would suggest to start just using a motor standard and thats it, forget the rest very happy

anyway thats my 2 fils!

i up for some racing, so you can add another driver to the list driving

Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:44 pm

paul wrote:

i think lance has hit the nail on the head, just get down to the track and race what you got! the key is to get people racing!

if theres enough interest you can look at classes etc....and i would suggest to start just using a motor standard and thats it, forget the rest very happy

That's a 100% true.

But I, and I'm sure a few others, don't have a car that is race ready at the moment. Point of this thread is to just cover some ground rules so everyone has to only spend once, and spend it right.

Last edited by Abdul Basit on Sun May 06, 2012 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gerg
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
gerg

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Abdul Basit wrote:
paul wrote:

But I, and I'm sure a few others, don't have a car that is race ready at the moment. Point of this thread is to just cover some ground rules so everyone has to only spend once, and spent it right.

How about I make a proposal based on a lot of the comments here and with the objective of getting as many people racing as possible.

chassis - any 1/10 scale touring car
Motor - Hobbywing 13T or re-badged equivalent
ESC - Hobbywing 25A, 35A or 60A or re-badged equivalent. No dynamic timing allowed (boost or turbo),
Tires - rubber 24mm
Battery - any 2S 7.4v LIPO (hardcase only), or 7.2V NiMH or NiCd

now you lot all get out there and have some fun.

Halas...... forum rules
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 5:22 pm

gerg wrote:

ESC - Hobbywing 25A, 35A or 60A or re-badged equivalent. No dynamic timing allowed (boost or turbo),
Tires - rubber 24mm

Halas...... forum rules

2thumbsup sounds good! and in the mean time bring what you got!
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Tires - rubber 24mm

Seems perfect to me. I did manage to get down to prorc last night, ad the track definitely calls for motors over and above silver can. There are enough twisties and straights to justify a gearing that is suitable to different driving styles so keep the gearing as open as possible.
One thing I would say is that it would be nice to have proper car bodies, and keep the protoform ones for the open class.
Just my opinion, but I like scale over function for a GT class. Not meant as a hard and fast rule, and majority rules.
When are we going to do this? Friday or saturday?
In the interim, I will order some of the motor combos... Will get 4 or 5, peeps can take as they need them.
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:10 pm

cathurga wrote:

In the interim, I will order some of the motor combos... Will get 4 or 5, peeps can take as they need them.

Save 1 35A/13t for me.. smile
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:18 pm

me too very happy
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Do the same rules apply to mini as well? Or do we go with what Lance said?

1. Open hop-ups from any companies as long as it replaces the part it is designed for.
2. CF Chassis conversions are not allowed.
3. Controlled gearing - Stock gear ratio, with 20T pinion.
4. Open tires.

and combine those with the TC rules regarding electrics.

cathurga wrote:

I said I was in for the group buy before. Scratch that. I won't be able to collect if from you till the 13th of June.

Last edited by Abdul Basit on Sun May 06, 2012 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gerg
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
gerg

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:31 pm

jamea wrote:
you are right gerg

next is setting up a 12 pan car

You have a 1/12 pan car yet?

Back to top Go down
jamea
Mechanic
jamea

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 7:11 pm

no gerg but ordered one and waiting for it to arrive, I have always wanted that yokomo 12 pan and thats what I ordered it finaly, also ordered 35 shore tires front and rear and a body,
not sure of the motor options but will leave it for later
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 7:25 pm

cathurga wrote:

When are we going to do this? Friday or saturday?

i quite enjoyed the saturday afternoons we used to do, but either would work for me

some one mentioned some summer night racing during the week? anyone up for that as an option?
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Confirmed that the HW13T combos are US$82 shipped, includes motor, 35A ESC AMD the programming card.
I am good with Saturdays as well, doubt I will be able to make the midweek sessions as I only finish work at6pm in jebel Ali :-(
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:36 pm

Either day will work for me as well.. Though I may not make it every week..
A scheduled weekday might be fun as well.

@Andy, is it the latest version now? I remember before it was the previous one..
Back to top Go down
gerg
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
gerg

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:09 am

gerg wrote:

Tires - rubber 24mm

Actually, the Hobbywing EZRUN series should be allowed.
There is also a hobbywing XERUN 60A verison that supports dynamic timing, so to avoid any confusion let's say EZRUN versions only. I think everyone probably has the 35A EZRUN version anyway?
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:17 am

Hi,

I like the suggestion of using scale bodies in the 13turn class, we had some great looking minis, it would be nice to see the same level of detai in at least one touring car class.

Duane
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:22 am

gerg wrote:

Actually, the Hobbywing EZRUN series should be allowed.
There is also a hobbywing XERUN 60A verison that supports dynamic timing, so to avoid any confusion let's say EZRUN versions only. I think everyone probably has the 35A EZRUN version anyway?

That's 13.5t... And sensored.

Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:47 am

The ones I am referring to are indeed the EZRUN versions. There are 2 types of them, these ones are the 3000KV ones that actually are 380 size cans, but they have the ins which make them a 540 size.

In this link http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=252 they are the top of the list near the bottom of the page. These are the exact same ones as the previous batch I got, so it makes sense to use them since there are a few folk with them already.
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:56 pm

Anyone keen on this Saturday, say 3:30pm? If nothing else but to show some support. If you have a tourer setup we could do some open class, and some 13T casual racing? I don't have a mini running at the moment, but if you guys have them, bring them down.
Shout out if you are keen!

I believ they charge at the track on weekends, but let's cough up and rock up!
Back to top Go down
mister-e
Test Driver
mister-e

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 6:12 pm

I tried the F1-09 on tarmac at the well maintained track at Wonderland.
Man, I just can't get it working properly using both rubber and foam tires, although the car is running flawlessly on carpet. As well the experience that the F1 is quite fragile because of the unprotected wheels.
=> Scale wise, F1 is much nicer (check out the FGX, new F1 from 3Racing with independent suspension). Driving wise, a pan car is much better!
=> Jamea, when will you have your's ready?! Also curious on your result in having the same compound for front and rear!

For touring car, 13T Hobbywing is good enough. I'm putting this on my 2004 TC (carbon chassis).
The 10.5T sensorless system, they're amazing! Besides tricks you can do on the speedo, also you can set the timing at the endbell of the motor itself. Fastest laptime there is about 12.4s per lap! Amazing.

The track is nice. Comparing with Al Ain, layout wise, its smaller but more technical.

Hope to see you there!
Back to top Go down
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:08 pm

I can try & be there at 3.30 on saturday with my Mini & TB Evo5
Back to top Go down
gerg
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
gerg

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:30 pm

mister-e wrote:

=> Jamea, when will you have your's ready?! Also curious on your result in having the same compound for front and rear!

Yeah I meant to comment on that.
I've been running with 25 shore on rear and 35 on front, and I still ave far too much grip at the front. I've just recieved some 40 shore front's that I will try if I can make it down this weekend. Hopefully I will make it on Saturday, but not sure if I can yet, and it will probably be later in the afternoon if I do make it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a non 10.5 class?   Any interest in a non 10.5 class? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Any interest in a non 10.5 class?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next