DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show Vote_lcapNew Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show Voting_barNew Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show Vote_rcap 
Jay
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show Vote_lcapNew Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show Voting_barNew Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show Empty
PostNew Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show

Scheduled to be released in July 2010. It will share parts with the TA05, and will be a high end drift chassis.

Price is a little too steep though, convert it from Yen to USD and see the $500-550 badge yourself.

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show 36742_1

Here is some more information...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hs-tamtam.co.jp%2Fitem-36742.html
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show :: Comments

Re: New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show
Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:42 pm by Bandit
still no name on that kit thumb_down
Abdul Basit
Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:47 pm by Abdul Basit
... They MIGHT call it a TA05D or something like that...
chardiboi
Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:55 pm by chardiboi
HOOOOOAH. . .. finally a proper tamiya DRIFT chassis. . . . . like the DMAX, TCD and the PRO-D
jebjeb
Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:03 pm by jebjeb
its a standard TA05 with SQUARE conversion kit
Abdul Basit
Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:14 pm by Abdul Basit
jebjeb wrote:
its a standard TA05 with SQUARE conversion kit

Nah man, there are a lot of differences. Look at the lower decks for example... And the upper deck, the motor mounts are similiar...

A couple of quick updates...

IT WILL BE RELEASED AS A TRF!!!

... So, like I've said before, this will cost $500-$550.

On the other hand, it will be of AWESOME quality.

Another picture, this shows clearly how much of the TA05 it has in it. The differential hosuing, the outdrives, etc. are all the same as the TA05.

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show H-drift_b
cathurga
Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:31 pm by cathurga
Here is a list of the hobby show Shizuouka releases (tentative at the moment)

I would LOVE to see a new FFcar, we could start a class, FWD is a lot of fun and easy to maintain and repair, just like MINI's. A Mini Rally, M05Ra would also be pretty wicked...

The proposed FF03 look fantastic...

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show Ff_03p10
Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:36 pm by Bandit
same as Xevo

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show Xevo_29808_news

one thing i think you need in Xevo a low profile servo
cathurga
Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:39 pm by cathurga
Definately some Xevo influence, but the major advantage of the tamiya is the sealed gearbox....something that has been a factor in me NOT buying the xevo.

The FF03 apparently will have a wheelbase that can go as short as 233mm and as long as 257 which makes it very flexible too....lots of body choices.
Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:55 pm by Bandit
i admire the handling of the Xevo when ive watch the TITC race in Thailand (youtube) nearly beats Gilles...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6lWCrFZw4Y

here are the results of the Race

1) Jilles M05
2) Paphon Xevo
3) Some jap M05
4) Wen Xevo
5) Ron Chen Xevo
6) Leonard Xevo

Sorry for the OT
LaNcE
Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:04 am by LaNcE
hmmmnn..

"high-end drift chassis" eyy?!

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show H-drift_b

From rceasy.com

Translation :

The design chassis only for the drift of shipping schedule pre-bid price \49,800 expectation of July of high-end drift chassis kit 【 tentative name 】 appears.

The motor made of aluminum mount is arranged in [roadekki] made of the carbon in [furontomido], and the best weight balance for the drift running is achieved. The maximum feature is “Double upper frame” that vertical (vertical) mount is done. The rigidity in the direction of the pitch (Before and behind) was high, and it was assumed in the direction of the roll (right and left) a flexible chassis characteristic made of the carbon of 2mm thickness.

The steering wheel system that becomes an important factor with the drift chassis improves a right and left tire slice corner, and parallel (parallel) geometry that runs side by side is adopted and the control at counter steering has been improved.

TA05 bulk head, 37T/18T Pulley, [sho-toriba-shiburusasua-mu], and upright TRF416, etc. are choice as for parts up to now, in the touring car with results. A lot of OP parts of the TA05 faction that abundantly becomes complete can be used. The new size front and rear belts, rear belt is × 2, front × 1. Furontoborudefu drive system, Riyadairekutokappuringu, universal shafts around, TRF damper equipped.
It is possible to use it ..[tamiyaguranpuritsu-ringuka-kurasu] (double deck object)…

Source : Tamiya

More HERE

haha!

some high-end kit!
Abdul Basit
Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:17 am by Abdul Basit
Sir Lance, what about the second and third paragraphs? I think it is high end, TRF dampers too. All Tamiya kits, high end or not, have some parts that have been borrowed from the other. Actually, even 1:1 cars have that.

I for one am glad to see that Tamiya is interested in counter steering too.

Oh, and did you change the name of the thread? =/
Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:19 am by Bandit
well i think they will name it FRANKENSTEIN!

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show Ota-r_Drift
Samaj
Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:37 am by Samaj
Tamiya FF03....................bring it on................FAST. When is it releasing?????
LaNcE
Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:46 am by LaNcE
nope it was not of my doing.

well, what I understand of the words "high-end" is that there is not anymore to top it off.. that's why it has the word "end" after "high".. maybe you can replace parts to suit your style but not to "upgrade" it.

the TA-05's aluminum bulkheads are available, but why are they not putting it there instead of the plastic ones? plus the damper mounts as well..

TRF Dampers? I have them on my TT-01R (available separately).. :p the TB-03R and the upgraded TA-05 v.2 has them as well.. so, go figure..

I'm not against the kit.. It's the term they use for it.. I've always been for Tamiya..
They just have to name "properly"..

Maybe this is still in the planning stage and just somehow leaked the info to get the fans excited.. They probably are looking for opinions and reactions on their soon to be released Drift Kit..

Counter-steering is easy to do on your kit.. you just need the right set of pulleys and belts wink
Abdul Basit
Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:25 am by Abdul Basit
I see your point Lance, I guess you're right about the opinion matter, they're just giving bits away to see some feedback.

The best and pulley bit isn't easy, but it's not hard either. The harder part is getting a real good steering angle, 0 ackerman, a little bit of caster, a nice amount of camber, softer shocks in the rear, etc.

Oh my god... Nice on Lance... Now I'm thinking about OD again... Hmm... Wonder if the 3mm extension that IFS V2 belts will give me the belt tension that I am looking for..
Peace, just playing around. smile
.j0sh
Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:15 am by .j0sh
I don't know what Tamiya is up to...but 500 dollars for a kit with plastics bulkheads and shock towers??

I'd rather stick to HPI's TC-D or Square's V.2 conversion.

Plus there's no originality.
This should've been released a year ago, or alteast during the time the Alex CER was popular.

This is a very late move from Tamiya.
Very disappointing.
J.Drift
Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:02 pm by J.Drift
i agree with josh id rather buy TCD than a 500 USD kit with plastic parts:)

& why tamiya concentrate to TUB chassis for drifting not the Pro one scratch
.j0sh
Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:04 pm by .j0sh
@Jon
I think the lower deck is CF.
J.Drift
Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:08 pm by J.Drift
yah i looks CF but my concern is why all tamiya drift kit is plastic TUB not a Pro CF chassis scratch
Abdul Basit
Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:14 pm by Abdul Basit
Alright folks... Got some real nice pictures here.

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show 1271019418377

Hehe, look at the toe and camber in the back blum3

Let the loving/hating begin!
cathurga
Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:40 pm by cathurga
Not sure what you guys are talking about tub chassis, there is nothing tub about that....
.j0sh
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:59 am by .j0sh
I'm not sure, but I think what sir Jon was trying to say was why did they use plastic parts (bulkheads and shock towers).

Those are the main features I hate about the kit.
It's like a high-end chassis gone wrong....

@Abdul
Maybe the toe-in and negative camber settings were specifically made for CS?
cathurga
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:16 am by cathurga
.j0sh wrote:
I'm not sure, but I think what sir Jon was trying to say was why did they use plastic parts (bulkheads and shock towers).

Those are the main features I hate about the kit.
It's like a high-end chassis gone wrong....

Ok, if that was what the reference was to, well the idea that tamiya has is to make the kit affordable before anything else. A drift kit with a TRF price tag +/- US$400 wont get 'snapped up' by the masses....

I am probably crossing many lines by saying this, but are drift cars really exposed to the strains and speeds of a tourer...or the impacts that occur? If not, then addign rigidity in those areas is superflous...or bling... scratch no?
.j0sh
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:21 am by .j0sh
Affordability?
I don't think Tamiya would EVER go that way.
They would rather take one's want and turn it into a need.

Strains = Yes
Impact = Sometimes.
Speed = No.

Even though drift cars can never go 1-on-1 with a tourer, it still undergoes a same level of stress.
Crashes in touring occur very often, it happens in a second.
In drifting, you put your kit in a position where it is almost about to crash.
See the connection?

Aluminum bulkhead and CF shock towers are definitely not bling.
They are lighter and much durable.
With a ridiculous price tag, why not go all the way like they did with their TRFs?

And think about it, why did it take so long for Tamiya to release a chassis mainly for the drifting community? And I'm not taking about those chassis with "DRIFT SPEC" stamped in the box.

From what I see, Tamiya doesn't take their customers seriously.
And since there are a ton of Tamiya die-hard fans, they're not afraid to lose a few.

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show

Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next