DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Racing classes for GT & Mini Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Racing classes for GT & Mini Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Racing classes for GT & Mini Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Racing classes for GT & Mini Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Racing classes for GT & Mini Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Racing classes for GT & Mini Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Racing classes for GT & Mini Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Racing classes for GT & Mini Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Racing classes for GT & Mini Vote_lcapRacing classes for GT & Mini Voting_barRacing classes for GT & Mini Vote_rcap 
Jay
Racing classes for GT & Mini Vote_lcapRacing classes for GT & Mini Voting_barRacing classes for GT & Mini Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Racing classes for GT & Mini

Go down 
+12
mister-e
Nitram
gerg
Samaj
LaNcE
strawb
paul
jebjeb
vineshvijayan
J.Drift
Bandit
cathurga
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

Racing classes for GT & Mini Empty
PostSubject: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 3:02 am

Well,

After the weekends trip to Al-Ain, I will be the first to admit I was caught a little unawares at the length of the track, as well as the lack of speed that is inherent with a stock Silvercan.

I was running an FDR of just over 6, and on that track....well, simply a bit slow. I say that because although I have never raced, it looked very slow compared to the nitro's, and once I had popped in a Hobbywing 13T, things got a lot quicker!....and in my opinion, a bit more fun.
That said, the mini's proved that speed is not everything, and most of the mini pilots stayed on the track longer and emerged victors in the unofficial GT vs Mini Madness...and, as soon as I put the more powerful motor in, I blew diffs and started breaking things!! So, in the immortal words of Peter Parkers uncle, 'with power, comes great breakage of RC parts' :-)

I am not sure if anyone was running an FDR below 6, but on that track, we would need to resort to something more powerful in order to have a competitive racing setup. So.....any advice from anyone on how to draw a line for power......5700kv mamba max is not in everyones budget, but maybe something like the Hobby Wing motors? I have a guy that can get the following:

HW 13T 3300Kv Motor (380 shell), 35A ESC + Program card - US$80 shipped
HW 13.5T 3650 Motor (540 shell), 60 A ESC + Program card - US$108 shipped.

Alternatively, we make all the races 'OUTLAW' class and see who stays on the track longer???

With regards to Mini's on the Area 2 track.....stock silvercan all the way!!
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 10:32 am

hi andy! i think we need to power up the GT's we can used 23T brushed modifed motors or 13.5BL Equivalent like we used to run here. if you used a silvercan for GT's you can set for Open Gearing its up to the guys which FDR's they will used, ive talk to one of the Japanese driver here who competed in Thailand and questioned him what FDR's he is using, and was shock that he is using 3.5FDR on his Cyclone using 13.5BL...i think it's time now to let the guys experiment on their GT's. Open gearings is the answer i guess plus 13.5BL/23T Brushed Motors.
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 10:46 am

Bandit,

Yeah, I think for trips to the Al-Ain track validate the 13.5/23T move, but in Area2 there is no space for that sort of speed.....unless we got to Area 1, but that has it's own problems...

As for gearing, I am open to allowing anything, but then as I mentioned previously, it becomes an outlaw class...

We need a track here..
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 10:46 am

23T is sport tuned right ? i think this class is more affordable to all & motor is bit easy to get
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/
vineshvijayan
Chase Driver
vineshvijayan

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 11:54 am

No 23t is not sport tuned, sport tuned it 27 turn.
23 turn brushed u get tamiya Tz an Rz still affordable smile

Or u got cheaper alternatives. Like venom motors and so...
hmm... we need to get a good esc ??
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 12:02 pm

i agree with andy's suggestion, the HW brand for the GT's. that way we all have the same motor and esc but problem will rise for the budget for some of us.
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 12:03 pm

what? so sad i already sold my 13.5T BL motor sad
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 12:04 pm

Andy,

After the session in Al Ain I popped in a Sport Tuned (Black Can) in my TT01E, set the gearing to 25/58, FDR of just over 6, and gave it a test run at Area 2 last night.

The car is definately quicker but not as quick as yours was with the 13.5T BL, the setup i ran last night was pretty sweet for Area 2, it was quick but controlable and loads of fun!

I reckon the Sport tuned and FDR of 6 or Bandits idea of open gearing would be great for Area 2.

For Al Ain however it could be really cool to run 2 classes the new spec'ed stock class (whatever that ends up being) and an Outlaw class (seeing we dont do it that often) just because it would be cool top show the nitro boys what power is! hehehe

I know budget might not allow some to join outlaw class, thats why i suggest we still keep the 'Stock' class as affordable as possible...
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 1:13 pm

Agreed, maybe we should upgrade all the stock classes to Sport Tuned. As you had noted, the cost between a silvercan and a Sport tuned is marginal...US$12 versus US$19 for the sport tuned...that way we get to keep the Tamiya ESC if needed.
I also have a Tamiya GT tuned that has similar revs to the sport tuned @ about 19,000, but it has almost twice the torque....which means that theortically you could have a FDR at about 5.5 and it will run nicely....

I think I am going to have a look at some prices for bulk sport tuned....if we get 10 of them I am sure we could get a reasonable price...I bought one from T&U a year or so back, and it cost me AED60...which is reasonable....
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 1:33 pm

sport tuned will be affordable for every one ill go for it i have one
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 2:04 pm

now you can swap all your Novak BL's ...... i have a sport tuned can ...... swap? ........ hehehehe
Back to top Go down
http://forcea.multiply.com/
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 2:17 pm

why not go for the GT tuned?

I'd rather spend some dirhams more for the GT tuned for its replaceable brushes than the black can.. we just have to be gentlemen and be honest that it's a GT tuned motor inside and not a 23T or 21T motor in a GT can.. just my thoughts though..

Last edited by laNcELot on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 2:31 pm

hahaha i think only experts can do that thing.
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 3:11 pm

i agree with lance. i already have a GT tuned motor. tamiya RZ motor so i'll just have to replace the brush and its all good! smile better as it can also run on stock tamiya ESC's smile rather opting for a black can motor
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 3:23 pm

hmmmmm what ever the decision in ill go for it

go! go! go! GT :cheers:
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 3:24 pm

J.Drift wrote:

yeah.. specially when your Hot Bodies Cyclone TC is on it's way..

lucky you..
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 3:51 pm

Count me in guys with the final decision. I think i will be getting a mini soon as well. The FF01 project will see the track.

But its been classified as a vintage now. Dont want to get the s__t bashed out of it from the new toys.
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 4:06 pm

laNcELot wrote:
J.Drift wrote:

yeah.. specially when your Hot Bodies Cyclone TC is on it's way..

lucky you..

hehehe shhhhhh oist smile
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 4:26 pm

Guys

Just a quick one here on Sport tuned vs GT tuned, I dont see much perfomance difference between the 2 motors, both have similar power ratings dispite one being 25T and the other 27T so honestly i dont mind which way we go....

I'm sure the GT Tuned will be slightly quicker, and has the flexibility of replacing brushes... so might be a better choice......

But saying that i like the idea of a sport tuned black can....its just cheap and cheerful and sweet and simple like the silver can....
Back to top Go down
vineshvijayan
Chase Driver
vineshvijayan

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Also on a note if we plan to use gt tuned we will have to change the esc.
Whereas sports tuned works on the stock esc.
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 4:51 pm

GT tuned has a lot more torque than the ST, and it will work un a TEU-101BK...until you start trying to get the most out of that torque availability....it is when the ESC is labouring that it feels the effect.

I am dead keen on the ST at Area 2 as the standard motor.

I am off to find out how to get some decent pricing.
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 4:52 pm

Vin,

From what i read the TEU-101 and TEU-104 can go as low as 25T so will be able to run GT Tuned.....may need to keep an eye on temps though
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 4:58 pm

Nobody's wrong, they are supposed to be only for 27T morotrs, but people have successfully run less turns on them, as soon as you start pushing the issue with gearing, the 101 will thermal out....and in some case, the blue-smoke-genie comes to visit...
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Andy

Did you have any luck at getting some decent pricing on the motors?
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:56 pm

Nope, I think the US$19 Sport-T from rcmart is the best, but I have some other options that have not responded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racing classes for GT & Mini   Racing classes for GT & Mini Empty

Back to top Go down

Racing classes for GT & Mini
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next