DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
My old racing machine Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
My old racing machine Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
My old racing machine Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
My old racing machine Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
My old racing machine Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
My old racing machine Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
My old racing machine Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
My old racing machine Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
My old racing machine Vote_lcapMy old racing machine Voting_barMy old racing machine Vote_rcap 
Jay
My old racing machine Vote_lcapMy old racing machine Voting_barMy old racing machine Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

My old racing machine

Go down 
+2
jebjeb
pietero555
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pietero555
Mechanic
pietero555

My old racing machine Empty
PostSubject: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:02 am

My old RC car out of which I might make a drifter...

Current shell is damaged.. the tracks had iron bars for a circuit.. not good for your car :p

My old racing machine Dsc07811
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:07 am

welcome to the site kermit... ammm pietero. whats under the shell?
Back to top Go down
pietero555
Mechanic
pietero555

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:14 pm

It's a HPI RS4 Pro 3!
Back to top Go down
Aemal
Driver

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:17 pm

hi welcome to the forum pietro,
is it 2wheel drive or 4wheel drive?
Back to top Go down
pietero555
Mechanic
pietero555

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:21 pm

4WD
Back to top Go down
Aemal
Driver

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:25 pm

ohh i think it will work for drifting
Back to top Go down
Aemal
Driver

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:25 pm

did you try it with drifting wheels?
Back to top Go down
pietero555
Mechanic
pietero555

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Btw, thanks for the welcomes!

euhm I tried very hard tires, it drifts a bit but not enough, I don't have much money avaible so I'm probably going to do it low-budget-style wink

I've heard you can put a PVC-tube on rims and use it as drift tires?
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:28 pm

My old racing machine Pro3
Back to top Go down
pietero555
Mechanic
pietero555

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:32 pm

That's my beauty
Back to top Go down
Aemal
Driver

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:34 pm

pietro,
if you dont want to to waste or if you dont have so much money try dragon mart they have drifting tires which drift very good sir bong has them.
Back to top Go down
Aemal
Driver

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:34 pm

they cost 50dhs
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:41 pm

Hello Bro how are you? Welcome to Dubdrift! what particular motor are you using when you go racing?
Back to top Go down
pietero555
Mechanic
pietero555

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Heh I don't know how much that is.. how much is it in Euros or US dollars?

The "problem" is that I'm from Belgium, I don't live anywhere near you guys and definitely not near to Dragon Mart... :p
Here the RC-world is quite big as well but rather expensive...
Back to top Go down
pietero555
Mechanic
pietero555

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:45 pm

Bandit wrote:
Hello Bro how are you? Welcome to Dubdrift! what particular motor are you using when you go racing?

pfieuw, I don't really know. I've a few motors but it has been a while since I've stopped racing...
What can you recommend?

And thank you, I'm fine, I have a holiday break! woew! How are you?
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:48 pm

Hmmm, sounds like you're a Pro Piet! i think you should teach us, set aside the humbleness ok. hahhahaha
Back to top Go down
pietero555
Mechanic
pietero555

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:56 pm

Hah, OK, you guys all come to Belgium, lessons start at 08.00 pm, be on time!

Hah, no, I don't think I can teach anything you don't already know.. you guys seem like pro's :p but I'm interested in learning about drifting, quite fascinating..

Ow yeah and why do you all race with a Tamiya TT-01 (except for you Bandit)? Is it that popular over there?
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:26 pm

Mate, the tt01 is a great beginner chassis.
For drifting, it's pretty good. But not that great for touring, unless you get the D version, which has some adjustability and ball bearings....

For racing, the tt01 is a shopping cart in an F1 race. Ofcourse, you can hop it up, add some CF and bling to it and make it better, which is a load of (expensive) fun!

The stock TT01 makes a decent drift car, the tt01D makes a good drift car, the tt01E is also decent. For beginners ofcourse, and if you're not financially limited, you can get a TB03D or something like that.

No expensive carbon fiber decks, no expensive spares, etc.

If you are going down the TT01 lane, get a TT01D. NOT the others, the TT01D is the logical choice. Adjustability, and freebies.

I for one, wouldn't recommend a TT01 for anyone who is going to stay around for a long while. You can use that money and get a better kit by adding a few dollars. TA05, TB03D, DF03RA, Sprint 2, cyclone S are just a few kits that you can get by adding your TT01 money to your monthly savings...

But as Bandit once said, "It's 40% kit and 60% driver". Note, the 40% of kit does include setting it up.

Nice rides by the way, and I'm glad to see you're still active. smile

See you at 8:00 PM then!

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
pietero555
Mechanic
pietero555

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:36 pm

Aha, thanks for explaining!

Well, yeah, I quite like it here in the forum! And you guys are helpful..
I was quiet for a little while but that was because I had tests at school! but now they're finished, hoeray!

That's true, about the percent-thing. Bandit is a smart man very happy

And **** (can I say this here?) why does the coolest hobbies costs the most? Luckily I didn't throw anything away!

What do you think about the pvc-tube used as tires?
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:40 pm

@Piet hahahah you cannot post words like that please edit...BTW i love racing TT01 actually i bagged some of my trhophies using TT01...hahaha...
Back to top Go down
pietero555
Mechanic
pietero555

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:44 pm

very happy Like I thought! ****! I'll edit it in a minute wink

Ow well, I'm going to check the TT-01 out for a minute.
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 pm

hahahah Edit your post again you wrote something again....
Back to top Go down
pietero555
Mechanic
pietero555

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:47 pm

ow **** srry, where's the edit button??? :p hah ok serious now, how about those PVC-tires? :p you think it's any good or do you think my car will be like Bambi on ice?
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:00 pm

pietero555 wrote:
ow **** srry, where's the edit button??? :p hah ok serious now, how about those PVC-tires? :p you think it's any good or do you think my car will be like Bambi on ice?

Hey, pietero.
Mate, don't swear, I'm 14, there are a couple of 13 year olds here, and a 12 year old, might want to keep things clean.
Don't worry though, just check out the rules, and keep them in mind.
Oh and no word masking either.

Anyway.
PVC eh?
Here, read through this:
ABS is NOT the same as PVC!...it's not even the same material

ABS is a styrene and softer than PVC
PVC is a vinyl and is harder than ABS
PE is an ethylene and is softer than ABS or PVC but has long life like ABS
Tape is best on uber smooth surfaces like carpet
Rubber is best when aiming for the high speed entries and tyre squealing...rubber is available in many types of compound/hardness
Foam is best on uber smooth surfaces like carpet...foam is available in many types of compound/hardness

Done?
PVC is slippery, very very slippery, and it's actually pretty good. Transitions require practice, but otherwise, it works pretty well. You can't get into high speeds either. And don't be shocked to see the lower bit of your chassis powdered white. When PVC deteriorates, it leaves behind loads of dust, very fine powdery dust. Lot's of unbranded Ebay tires are made up of PVC or ABS.

You can make PVC work VERY well. Infact, the Club class champion of D1RC 2007 used PVC pipe as tire during the first two rounds. All you need, is some PVC pipe, shave the edges, so they are nice and round (if they are right angles then you're going to have rough drifts because they can't go over obstacles). And if it's too slippery, all you have to do is use a knife and cut some lines into it, they make it grippier, make sure they are symetrical though.

ABS is a good option too. It leaves behind less dust too.

PE is BEST! Those things can last upto 10 SOLID hours of drifting. They have a slip:grip ratio comparible to that of T-Drifts or Super Driftechs. PE is MUCH harder to find though.

Anyway, PE is your best bet, then comes ABS and PVC.
Go to a big hardware store, and ask a employee if they have left overs of 2 INCH DIAMETER PVC/PE/ABS pipe, you can get like... 5-9 feet of it for $10 or less.

Have fun smile
Hope I helped very happy

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:10 pm

..Oh, and don't bother using pipes with Nitro.
A well tuned Nitro engine can produce well over 25k RPM I believe. All you'll get is an AWD burnout blum3

I doubt any of the EP drift tires we use will work on Nitro...

And you don't want to use EBay tires on a brushed motor that has less than 18 turns or less, and with a brushless that has 12t or less.

You can, but you'll be getting insufficient speed, but the drifts will come easy..
When there is lot's of slip, there is less speed, when there is lot's of grip, there is more speed, but less drift.

Wow, I wrote a lot...

Bandit wrote:
@Piet hahahah you cannot post words like that please edit...BTW i love racing TT01 actually i bagged some of my trhophies using TT01...hahaha...

Bandit, I need to meet you...Your tales makes you sound like Marc G.

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My old racing machine   My old racing machine Empty

Back to top Go down

My old racing machine
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next