DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! Vote_lcapTT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! Voting_barTT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! Vote_rcap 
Jay
TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! Vote_lcapTT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! Voting_barTT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!

Go down 
+3
rommel
.j0sh
Abdul Basit
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! Empty
PostSubject: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:48 pm

Finally, after throwing spanners at those lousy manufacturers and praying to the drift gods, it's finally here! A way to counter steer a tt01!!!! I want one sooohoooo bad!
http://www.genkidoridori.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1263

Check it guys, only one in stock! It only got released today if I'm not wrong!
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 12:47 am

Will you be ordering it?
The 'only one in stock' might be because there were orders who have already ordered it.

After the uproar of the OD mod, I'm not surprised that there are now special gears for SD kits.

Small tip.
If I'm not mistaken, you're new to the rc drifting scene?
You might want to master your drifting style with regular gears before shifting to OD.
Goodluck =)
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 12:57 am

Well, Josh, you're correct, I'm glad that Yokomo and Active Hobby are making CS/OD kits, lots of demand back in Japan I suppose.
Thing with OD/CS is that the second you've done it, the world will have changed, driving in general will feel different. So even if I become a non-CS god, it will all get washed away when I CS. And Vice Versa.
YES I'll be ordering it. It's better than buying a Cyclone S or a Ta05 to try out CS.
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 1:13 am

If I were to make a choice.
I would take small steps before eventually learning how to run.

But goodluck on the CS project.
I believe Sir Lance would be the person you'd want to ask for advice. Hehe
=)
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 1:34 am

I'm going OT on my own thread, but what's best for drifting? The TA05, the TA05R, or the TA05 IFS? Have you modified yours (ignore electrics), for drifting obviously.
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 1:56 am

They are all basically the same chassis.

TA05 is the 'root' of all the order TA05 variants.

TA05R is the original TA05 tub chassis with Tamiya goodies. Aluminum parts, titanium turnbuckles, etc.
From what I know, the TA05R is sold out and discontinued by Tamiya.

TA05-IFS on the other hand is an evolution from the TA05 chassis.
Same TA05 tub chassis, but now with Inboard Front Suspension (IFS), which lays the front suspension to an almost horizontal position.
Advantage? If I am not mistaken, this idea was taken from F1 cars.
It was made to improve performance and handling.
But from my experience, in drifting, it doesn't matter. You won't notice any difference whether IFS or not.

The TA05 then came out with the TA05-IFS R. (Which is not available anymore)
Then followed by the TA05-IFS V2, a hybrid of the TA05-IFS and the TA05 MS

The TA05 MS is the TRF version of the TA05. CF chassis, alum parts, etc.

Now back to the topic.
If you really want to move into CS.
I suggest you go for a BD kit as there are more parts available to you at this time.

Best kit for drifting?
It depends on the driver, not the kit. wink
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 2:14 am

Thanks Josh, I think it's best to get a ta05 and hop it up instead of hopping up my tt01. There is only so much a tt01 can do. Pro class drifting isn't one of them...I know I know, it's the driver, not the car...

As for CS, I believe you're not entirely right, you need a good enough chassis, without the right gearing you can't CS, and if I'm right there aren't a whole lot CS kits...
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 2:23 am

Tell me Abdul.
What do you say is the difference between a 'CS chassis' and a regular chassis?

As long as you can
-Install the right gears to the kit. With calculated the IDR and FDR.
-Adjust the camber and toe-in/out to your drifting style.
The kit is basically good to go.

CS kits are those kits that have the ability to counter-steer out of the box.
And that being said, it's still the gears that play the part.
Not necessarily the chassis.
Back to top Go down
rommel
Test Driver
rommel

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 3:33 am

hi guys... im new in R/c playing i've been using a TT-01 chasis and frankly speaking i've drift driving it ok.. but theres something missing in it.. maybe your right its the gear maybe... because its all stock parts installed to my car... sorry but its funny but.. is there any changes if i change my gear? tnx
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 3:45 am

Welcome to the forum rommel.
First, I'd suggest you introduce yourself in the "Introduce yourself section".
What are you trying to say though? It's not fast enough or what?
The gear me and Josh are talking about allows your front wheels to point into the corner when drifting, just like a real car. Tell us about it, I'll be glad to help you out.
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
RECKRACING
Administrator
RECKRACING

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 3:59 am

Hey man, the TT01 is a good drifter out of the box, I dont know exactly what youre looking for when you say theres something missing, is it regarding power or handling? in any case, changing the gear ratio or FDR will definitely change the power in terms of torque/speed. going CS or counter steering is a different thing, with CS you have to change your driving if your used to the stock setup, its a little complicated if you havent tried driving one and believe me its quite difficult specially on tight track. In terms of handling, a front one way unit is preferred by most of us coz you can initiate a tight turn easily. If you want more info regardig the setups, you can try and visit the drift meets, theres a lot of guys who can help you with the TT01.
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 4:05 am

@RECKRACING
About the front one way, doesn't that lead to understeer? Or am I confusing it with a locked front differential?
Back to top Go down
RECKRACING
Administrator
RECKRACING

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 4:20 am

A front spool or locked front would more likely to give you an understeer, a front one way will continue spinning if you brake causing your rear to lock thus giving a handbrake effect so understeer with a front one way is not an issue. understeering is an issue more on the camber and toe setup.
Back to top Go down
JRacing
Chase Driver
JRacing

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 11:12 am

Wow josh... like a TA-05 Master...joke.. Anyways.. im wondering does the TRF TA-05 MS can be shifted to IFS?

@Rommel.. Welcome to the forum man..
Regarding the "something missing" part.. i guess your TT-01 is having a Sport tuned motor which is a bit low in power from what i've expirienced. you can try to change your gears to boost it up a little but be carefull your motor/ESC might over heat. 🎅

BTW does your TT-01 all stock?

If you have any other queries..
Click HERE
you can also come and join the Weekend Sessions and we can all help you out...
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Josh I meant that only some kits have the optional parts that you can install without modifying to CS. I think the only two chassis that you can CS without modifying the parts yourself are the Cyclone S (don't like it) and TA05 (love it). Then there is that shaft driven yokomo (i want to try BD).
Can I buy Genki stuff from JJ?
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 5:27 pm

hmp! cyclone hater! ahaha! just try the cyclone abdul and you'll know what i mean! ive been using TRF415, TRF415MSXX, TRF416 but did not get enough satisfaction, but when i switch to HB Cyclone TC! hmmm i think ill stick on this one. ive used also the TA05 but did'nt got the right set up! unlike josh he is the best guy in using the TA05...

BTW i have also Yokomo SD and trying to explore something that would make me happy...
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 5:50 pm

Well Bandit, I've heard that the Cyclone S is weaker than the TA05. Even if I don't CS them, I think it's best to stick with the standard TA05 and modify it slowly. Anyway, I'm not buying one until January, so I've got plenty of time to think about it.
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 6:15 pm

Go for it! TA05 nice kit also, good price and try to seek some advice with Josh he's the man!
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:02 pm

@Ryan
I'm not sure but I don't think the TA05MS can have the IFS setup.

@Abdul
As of the moment, there aren't any kits that are "Counter Steer Ready".
A mod is still applied to achieve the CS mod.
The only reason why we notice drifters counter steering with Cyclones and TA05s is because no one has really explored with other kits.
Plus since there are guides for the two kits, people will follow the guide rather than scratch their heads.

I would suggest you get the TA05 IFS V2 and just use the standard damper set that comes with the kit.
That's if you don't like the IFS setup. =)

@Bandit
Whoa.....those are a lot of kits. Hehe.
And no....I'm not the best man using the TA05......................yet
=P
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:11 pm

Thanks Josh and Bandit, I'm tempted by the V2 because you can use the standard damper. You sure you can do that though...right?
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:49 pm

That's what I just said. hehe =)
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:03 pm

Yeah, making sure blum3
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:08 pm

TA-05 v2 with counter-steer mods?

Click Here
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:34 pm

Sir Lance, YGPM
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
rommel
Test Driver
rommel

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 12:30 am

tnx guys for the tips.... and Jracing..bro i will just follow your guide you have shown and your right its not just the car needs tunning the also needs it very happy .. by the way where, when, and time of your drift meets so that i can go and meet you guys.. im leaving here in jebel ali, dubai investment park... tnx again for the info..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!   TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! Empty

Back to top Go down

TT01 counter steer! THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next