DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
AUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE - Page 2 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
AUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
AUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE - Page 2 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
AUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE - Page 2 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
AUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
AUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE - Page 2 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
AUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
AUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
AUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE - Page 2 Vote_lcapAUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE - Page 2 Voting_barAUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Jay
AUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE - Page 2 Vote_lcapAUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE - Page 2 Voting_barAUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

AUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
RECKRACING
Administrator
RECKRACING

AUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE - Page 2 Empty
PostAUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE

Heads up guys!

AUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE - Page 2 Image035sp

were officially involve in the said event, DUBDRIFT and DEO will be working together to make the RC challenge a success.

AUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE - Page 2 Image036hh
AUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE - Page 2 Rcpresentationfinalnew3

we need everyones cooperation and support on this, we need drifters and racers to be part of this event. Abudrift Guys, we also need your support and cooperation, especially the offroad/onroad NITRO guys, technical information is greatly appreciated. More updates to come...

for more info please visit www.automodex.com
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

AUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE :: Comments

sideslider
Re: AUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE
Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:02 pm by sideslider
defonetly will talk sir jay
bong
Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:15 pm by bong
sideslider wrote:
by the way guys,

i was reading through the brochure of this automodex exhibition and found the words: "transport yourself to your childhood"......why the hell would they put that in if they want to promote RC as a SERIOUS and COMPETETIVE hobby in dubai?

did they mention if we have to bring nannies to the event? shocked
sideslider
Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:56 pm by sideslider
hmmmm......i think they also want a minimum height of 110cm in order to play as well as approval from parenting party
jebjeb
Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:00 pm by jebjeb
sideslider wrote:
by the way guys,

i was reading through the brochure of this automodex exhibition and found the words: "transport yourself to your childhood"......why the hell would they put that in if they want to promote RC as a SERIOUS and COMPETETIVE hobby in dubai?

did you read it on the rc event ONLY???

my interpretation: be like sideslider smile hehehehehe

its not just an RC event... its like saying enjoy going to the said event and be amazed with all the custom made cars and shows that they will feature smile
sideslider
Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:23 pm by sideslider
i was focusing on our part, the part that we need to make succesful if we wanna kick off serious RC in dubai and the UAE
Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:16 pm by Bandit
another project there ahmed! hahahaha...
Abdul Basit
Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:46 pm by Abdul Basit
Wait...Is this going to be made and then taken apart in 3 days!?
....Or is it going to stay?
110 cm height? Better put my boots on then!
J.Drift
Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:08 pm by J.Drift
don't worry you still have enough time time grow joke! smile
Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:22 pm by Aemal
where is this and how much does it cost and is there also drifting?
LaNcE
Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:35 pm by LaNcE
@Aemal, it should be free for the participants and hopefully some complimentary tickets..

yes there is drifting as well.. so, better start practicing your skills.. ok?
Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:41 pm by Aemal
but where is it
jebjeb
Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:45 pm by jebjeb
read the post properly guys!!! im sure we are old enough to read ayt? smile

below the logo of automodex it says the location

grrrr!!! 🎅 scratch
paul
Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:45 pm by paul
Aemal,

If you went to the website using the link you would see that it is at the Dubai autodrome....

www.automodex.com
LaNcE
Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:45 pm by LaNcE
try clicking the link provided in the first post and you'll find it out..

the same link: http://www.automodex.com/
Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:04 pm by Aemal
thanks
Samaj
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 pm by Samaj
Not sure if you guys are aware. Dubai did host the Kyosho nitro onroad world championship in 2005-06 i think. I was a team member from one of the 3 Dubai teams. Each team had three member. 2 drivers & one mechanic (me). Will try & post some pics. The venue was the r/c track at the Dubai creel park.

We though we were good. But these international guys...............were AMAZING. We had a tool kit with some spares. They came with 20 sets of tyres, 10 modies, 4 boxes of parts ...probably good to make 5 kits from....

That was a great 3 day experience..............The guys from Far East were amazing ....
sideslider
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:12 pm by sideslider
i would eat them all in offroad with RAW gas power and slide controlling hahaha
Samaj
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:52 pm by Samaj
Power is nothing without control..................
sideslider
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:55 pm by sideslider
i have both, have you ever driven a baja, the thing is so beutifully balanced, it likes corners, it only gets out of control whenther is too much power, i kept the stock block so that i can have a little play (oversteer) and i kick the tail out when necesarry
chardiboi
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:00 pm by chardiboi
sideslider wrote:
i have both, have you ever driven a baja, the thing is so beutifully balanced, it likes corners, it only gets out of control whenther is too much power, i kept the stock block so that i can have a little play (oversteer) and i kick the tail out when necesarry

you have everything dude. . . . . but the one thing you don't have, is humility. . . smile peace
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:07 pm by Bandit
Samaj wrote:
Not sure if you guys are aware. Dubai did host the Kyosho nitro onroad world championship in 2005-06 i think. I was a team member from one of the 3 Dubai teams. Each team had three member. 2 drivers & one mechanic (me). Will try & post some pics. The venue was the r/c track at the Dubai creel park.

We though we were good. But these international guys...............were AMAZING. We had a tool kit with some spares. They came with 20 sets of tyres, 10 modies, 4 boxes of parts ...probably good to make 5 kits from....

That was a great 3 day experience..............The guys from Far East were amazing ....

My friend Jerwin in Abu dhabi won the 3rd place i think they have magazine in HC showing the said event.
cathurga
Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:32 pm by cathurga
You can find more info on it at http://www.dubairchobbies.org/

That site has not changed in about 5 yrs..... smile

Keeping the dream alive...
Jay
Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:15 pm by Jay
sideslider wrote:
i would eat them all in offroad with RAW gas power and slide controlling hahaha
keep dreaming ahmed lol

@andy i have been visiting that site for years and yes there really is no updates goin on in there.. anyway whats there to update when they already bulldozed the creekpark track lol
Samaj
Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:43 pm by Samaj
What.............they have bulldoxed the Creekpark track...../????????????? That was a great facility. Shucks .............during Ramadan we have been there till 4 in the morning with music , food & the entire park to our self...............real good times spent there.

Really sad ........that all local hobby shops want to do is sell kits & parts to walk in customers & not help promote the hobby via races & meets.

Kudous to all the chaps here to do their bit to help promote this hobby.
cathurga
Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:47 pm by cathurga
The track was buldozed about 8 months back.....

When I went to speak to the Dubai Parks people while the whole Zabeel Park Incident was going on, they told me that they were charging Hobby Center about AED10,000 per year for the track and facilities...!! Seriously, that is less than AED900 per month....with our 115 members, half of whom might contribute AED 20 per month we could have covered that cost...and kept it going. Remembering that AED20 might get you half a pint of beer in a local pub....

Unfortunately, Hobby Center, who naturally wanted to protect their investment, didnt have the luxury of enough sales to validate that.....and so it becomes a viscious cycle....I think an independent group like ours, in conjunction with the 6 or so hobby shops around Dubai might have been able to work out something....the problem is that it becomes a BUSINESS ENTITY over which there has to be a controlling body....and someone employed by that business would require a salary to maintain, promote and develop the business....

Historically, an RC track would need to have enough members, in all the disciplines (crawling, touring, drifting, nitro, heli, aero, robot) to be able to organise the venue and subsist. I dont know of ANY profitable track in the WORLD....all of them are associated with a store (who benefits from sales) and the sponsorship of the vendors....we dont have that luxury here. To make matters worse, the internet is seeing the demise of the 'bricks & mortar' shops....so they are less likely to want to sponsor a track.
Dont blame the hobby shops for wanting to 'sell & forget'....they are battling to maintain the shops, and the economy is not helping.

COllectively, we could all do something....but dont hold your breath.....not right now anyway.

smile
Post  by Sponsored content

AUTOMODEX 2010 RC CHALLENGE

Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DubDrift :: News & Events :: Event Sessions-
Jump to: