DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
HC Dubai Mall Openning - Page 2 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
HC Dubai Mall Openning - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
HC Dubai Mall Openning - Page 2 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
HC Dubai Mall Openning - Page 2 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
HC Dubai Mall Openning - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
HC Dubai Mall Openning - Page 2 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
HC Dubai Mall Openning - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
HC Dubai Mall Openning - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
HC Dubai Mall Openning - Page 2 Vote_lcapHC Dubai Mall Openning - Page 2 Voting_barHC Dubai Mall Openning - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Jay
HC Dubai Mall Openning - Page 2 Vote_lcapHC Dubai Mall Openning - Page 2 Voting_barHC Dubai Mall Openning - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

HC Dubai Mall Openning

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

HC Dubai Mall Openning - Page 2 Empty
PostRe: HC Dubai Mall Openning

I was having a chat with Mr Mohammed Jalil, owner of Hobby Center yesterday evening. He is a very amicable chap and is a hell of a lot more interestd in his customers than most of his staff ever have been....makes sense right?
Anyway, he was asking about Tamiya stuff, and how to move his old stock. I was giving him some tips on the vintage stuff and eBay dealings. I told him about our Saturday meetings and he seemed very interested in having a look at what we do....and then wanted to know what sort of things we want to see in stock. I am going to try and help him out with parts ordering and inventory, so together we should come up with some common requirements that we want to see in stock, put it in a spreadsheet and forward it to him once in a while.

Something to look forward to now though, ....the new shop is opening up in the Dubai Mall, and he says there is a LARGE tamiya order that is coming in for the opening. On the 1st of Dec is the opening, so keep an eye out then....

While I was in there, I found 8 x 24mm rims (AED50), a mini quick-release battery holder and some other small bits and pieces...that I would have paid a LOT more for on the internet.....so sometimes they have something to offer.....
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

HC Dubai Mall Openning :: Comments

LaNcE
Re: HC Dubai Mall Openning
Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:22 pm by LaNcE
'was there earlier..

saw two XBuilts: Lexus Driftspec, the new Merc 2008.. it's a delight that these XBuilts came with the new 104BK ESC (bring it on li-pos!). Lots of sweet models (car and boat) and minis..
And that's about it for us.. Or were they there at the MOE?

But I do hope they build a track in the Dubai Mall.. It would be great to play there..
Btw, I don't think they're selling any spare parts yet.. They're not yet done with shifting yet.

@Andy, so is this the first time that you walked into a Hobby Shop and coming out with nothing?
you are healed..
Abdul Basit
Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:06 pm by Abdul Basit
laNcELot wrote:
'was there earlier..

saw two XBuilts: Lexus Driftspec, the new Merc 2008.. it's a delight that these XBuilts came with the new 104BK ESC (bring it on li-pos!). Lots of sweet models (car and boat) and minis..
And that's about it for us.. Or were they there at the MOE?

I've seen the lexus at MOE, they had lots of models too...The TEU-104BK ESC is a new addition, but a new ESC won't make them a hobby shop.

This was the obvious...I'm not suprised at all...

AdBull.
LaNcE
Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:29 pm by LaNcE
hmmmnn..

i think it was ages since i was at the MOE..

@AB, we are not their only customers.. it's business.. Where the money is.
cathurga
Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:51 pm by cathurga
Lance...I spent 6mins in there and left......be aware the 104BK is NOT lipo friendly....it is LiFe friendly but that wont be good enough for LiPo. Tamiya has never got into Lipo, the have go into LiFe...you will destroy lipo with that ESC.

HEALED!!?/ the hell I am...going online shopping later...
Samaj
Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:06 pm by Samaj
So does this mean no more Deira main branch......? Its all empty & the building seems ready for demolition.
LaNcE
Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:54 pm by LaNcE
cathurga wrote:
......be aware the 104BK is NOT lipo friendly....it is LiFe friendly but that wont be good enough for LiPo. Tamiya has never got into Lipo, the have go into LiFe...you will destroy lipo with that ESC.

hmmmnn.. and i thought 'twas good for Li-Po batts as well.. thanks man!
paul
Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:04 pm by paul
cathurga wrote:

Looks like Baja and nitro trucks are the order of the day....

Went passed the new shop last night, and i must say it is a huge improvement over all there other old stores.....it looks cool and the displays are great....problem is there are no parts yet or any new stock...

the funny thing is the second i walked in the store the sales guy i know came up to me and the first thing he did was try and sell me a baja..... laughing

big ticket sells is what they are after! got to pay that new rent somehow! laughing
cathurga
Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:50 pm by cathurga
I think the shop looks like sin.....all shiny lights, cars in displays and everything makes it look 'unobtainable' not a spare part in sight...it all looks too 'Rich Boys Toys' to me...urgh
Samaj
Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:17 pm by Samaj
Bling sells.............people have money to buy expensive toys here. Thats their target audiance. Not us who would spend 30 minutes with the sales guys to get a Dh 30 spare part. I was never entertained. They rather spend their energy to leure a passer by to buy a Baja.

They like guys who beat the crap out of their cars. Send it to their servic center (with their driver) for repairs where they can bill them $$$.

Thats business for you. Admit .........that that not the essence of a true hobby shop. But....?

I rather support the small guys like the new shop in Deira. Rafiq........he would listen to u & even order specific stuff if there are confirmed buyers.
cathurga
Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:49 pm by cathurga
Yep, agreed.....

The best customers are the ones who have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER....I have stifled a few laughs when overhearing the sales 'pitch' that gets put across....

Anyway, would be nice to have a shop to support nearby, T&U remain my consistent...I still want to get to that one near the petrol station...
gerg
Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:44 pm by gerg
Yeah, i went to that one near the Eppco. They seem to be trying to accommodate us hobbyists. I brought a few things that I needed for my tourer, and just general bits and pieces, and they had just had a delivery so I rummaged through the box.
Compared to T&U who only seem to get a delivery every 6-12 months, then these guys are worth the visit.
Post  by Sponsored content

HC Dubai Mall Openning

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2