DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 Vote_lcapMini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 Voting_barMini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 Vote_lcapMini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 Voting_barMini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mini & Touring Weekenders

Go down 
+18
Abdul Basit
jamea
mister-e
jovenshadow
king44
scarface
Samaj
Duane
LaNcE
Jay
RECKRACING
sideslider
J.Drift
hinawi
gerg
jebjeb
paul
cathurga
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
sideslider
Chase Driver
sideslider

Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Gents,

If you dont mind me asking, where are you all meeting up nowadays, i'm back in town and want to pay a visit.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:54 pm

Welcome back Ahmed! For touring we meet at ProRc inside wonderland.. and area2 for drifting. Both friday afternoons. Dont just visit.. bring your kits!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 1:43 am

cathurga wrote:
I think we can agree that the ST is good enough as a spec motor for this class, what do you think? Putting 13T motors will make it faster for sure but I think it would make it more expensive, and not as easy for people to join in. At least everyone can use the kit ESC.
Save the 13T motors for the touring cars.

Let's just go with what everybody's running. I think I read that they are both the same speed, so it's just a matter of personal preference.

Since most people are running ST or 13Ts (As well as Silver Cans laughing ), let's just go with those?
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 2:27 am

Abdul Basit wrote:

Since most people are running ST or 13Ts (As well as Silver Cans laughing ), let's just go with those?

i'm confused.. wacko

laughing

Imo, we should have something that is of standard. whether it be a Sport Tuned or a HW 13T. Another system maybe allowed for the meantime, but will need to be changed to run standard.

Now, since almost everyone running the track is on Sport Tuned, we'll have to convince the others to get their own. So as not to have 'excuses'.

Ian's got some STs on their way so try to contact him for those of you guys who have not got an ST.
I'm not sure how many he's bringing though.. But I'm saving one for a spare. I think my ST is going brushless soon. very happy

Btw, welcome back! @Ahmed!
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 2:46 am

LOL @ Lance, you would have a hard time wearing down brushes on any of the stock tamiya cans, I reckon they are all made from diamonds, rock hard!

No confusion, minis are ST, I believe ther is quite a difference in speed going up to 13T. If people want to use 13T, put in a tourer and join that class. My personal feeling is that we would all benefit from:
ST Mini's
13T tourers
10.5T tourers

...as a start point.

A lot of people already have one or more of the above combo, and ProRC (and the community that go ther) would benefit from 3 classes that have at least 6 or 7 racers present! Get 10 per class and you are talking about PROPER events.
It looks to me like there might even be enough people to have some pan car heats too!
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 2:51 am

Open ESCs? Or 101BKs?
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 3:00 am

@Andy, I've had the ST for quite sometime now. Used it on a lot of places and on my TB-03D as well. Had it broken in so it may not last as long. very happy And I come to ProRC as well when I've got time. neutral

@Abdul, ESC's got to be open.. I can't remember the time I had a my last 101BK.. giggle
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 3:18 am

Lance, you will be surprised how long they last!

Abdul, you could throw a 300A ESC on an ST and you would not be any faster....so yeah, bring something that will handle the draw and you are good to go.
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 6:06 pm

cathurga wrote:
Abdul, you could throw a 300A ESC on an ST and you would not be any faster....so yeah, bring something that will handle the draw and you are good to go.

I would, but the Moped kept cutting out on Friday. Weird as it worked fine before the rebuild.
Already got a 13t on the way, guess I'll just use it as a drifting spare then.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 7:03 pm

...or you could put the 13T in a tourer, and come and race!!
Where did you go to on Fri, one minute you were there, the next ...gone.
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 7:21 pm

cathurga wrote:

I like the GT class idea. How many people are running in it already?

Because the Moped kept cutting out. I would lose throttle/brake control after being on throttle for 5 seconds or more. Weird as I still had steering. Checked my connections and re-calibrated it as well.
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:29 am

i've got spare BN ST if you guys want... 2pcs left
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 2:26 am

Abdul Basit wrote:
cathurga wrote:

I like the GT class idea. How many people are running in it already?

I want to run in this class as well. But I'd like to have it strictly GT bodies only.
Just need to sort some things out.

Slippery shells for the 10.5T class. very happy
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:15 am

Amen to that Lance....GT (13T) should be a scale-ish class!
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:20 am

gotta sort my tourer too.. but i still dont have a esc sad
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:35 am

cathurga wrote:
Amen to that Lance....GT (13T) should be a scale-ish class!

Thread hijacked very happy

It's funny because we three already agreed to this on another thread laughing

Oh well.

+1
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:17 am

only 3 threads active in the last 3 days....I doubt we could get too off topic...but ok....it related to touring weekenders though....
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:50 pm

I guess, if you look at it t that way :p

So no CF chassis for GT? And no dish wheels? They won't look right on GT bodies... But they're all that are locally available. help
Back to top Go down
mister-e
Test Driver
mister-e

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 6:37 pm

No this and no that....

sui

Please introduce those rules when there are lots of participants already!
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 6:45 pm

I dont think we should limit chassis type at all, if people have got it, then bring it....

As far as dish wheels are concerned, I dont believe they will assist anyone it 13T speeds, that coupled with the fact that they are available ...at a reasonable price....at the TRACK! means that we would be supporting our track owner, so use 'em!

I like the scale looks of a PROPER sedan, not a jelly mould body.....and there are body sets available in Dubai so it would be NICE to have a scale-ish class, but as Ed has said, apart from 'yours truly'.....no other 13T car has been seen on the track ...yet. So can we all get on the track and THEN we can start implementing rules.

The 10.5T guys have the best representation at the moment (and of course the mini's) so right now, anyone looking for some racing....that's where its happening...

If anyone wants to get into RC, or limit the spend, then get your tourer out, stick a motor in it and come down....or we will be back on the parking lots, with no track.

Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:38 am

you guys ready for tomorrows mayhem?
Back to top Go down
mister-e
Test Driver
mister-e

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:24 am

Sure.
Will bring the M04 very happy
And 10.5t.

Anybody bringing their 13t tourer?
Back to top Go down
jamea
Mechanic
jamea

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:06 am

no rc for me this weekend, next time
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:45 pm

I am the same as Jamea, got family in town, and will be out for the day. Was hoping to get there tomorrow but I have to take people to the airport....

No RC for me either unfortunately.

But NEXT WEEK.....lets get some of the 13T tourers out as well as the mini's? We could have some decent informal racing.
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Just to clear things up... And so I don't have to send out my 5th order of the month...

Is the gearing open or not? Pretty sure we agreed to keep the stock gearing or 20t for the minis earlier.

TCS rules were updated in 2007 (I think) to ban the M04 after it won 2 years consecutively. Then they changed the rules so the M04 was allowed but with restricted gearing.

Flame suit on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mini & Touring Weekenders
Page 7 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next