DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
touring guys Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
touring guys Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
touring guys Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
touring guys Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
touring guys Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
touring guys Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
touring guys Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
touring guys Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
touring guys Vote_lcaptouring guys Voting_bartouring guys Vote_rcap 
Jay
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

touring guys

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rashed53
Mechanic

touring guys Empty
PostSubject: touring guys   touring guys EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 10:18 pm

hi guys

i would like to know if you guys run touring cars in the meetings and there is enough racers to do practice runs if yes is it 1/10 scale your runing and what is the best car i can get as am very into the sport, :pirat: i use my tt-01 with touring tires all the time setting a course and playing alone
soo any advices of which car can i get and are there is anygroup how race in you drift meetings
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

touring guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: touring guys   touring guys EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 10:29 pm

Well...It depends on your budget. The tamiya 416, or the HPI Pro4 and the Hotbodies Cyclone. All three of them however, are expensive...

If you're looking for a cheaper car, then I'd suggest a TA05, TA05 IFS, TA05 IFS v.2 and the Cyclone S.

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
rashed53
Mechanic

touring guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: touring guys   touring guys EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 12:10 am

what is the main difference between them and which speed control and motor to go i want it to be like the race legal so if a race come i dont go and buy stuff again i need one professional built car to practice and race with as i see there is a race on march
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

touring guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: touring guys   touring guys EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 2:48 am

Well, main difference between the cars I listed above is the layout (where the battery is...Where the motor is, belt drive, shaft drive, etc.).

If I had a pocket full of cash, I'd buy a TRF 416. When it comes to motor, 5.5t brushless should very fast. I'm not sure if it's race legal though...

How much are you willing to spend? It's the most important question...

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
rashed53
Mechanic

touring guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: touring guys   touring guys EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:41 am

what is the difference between car with shaft and car with belt what is more effective and reliable
Back to top Go down
sideslider
Chase Driver
sideslider

touring guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: touring guys   touring guys EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:49 am

mar5ba rashid

yes we do run touiring class,

if you want to join with your tt-01 then you have to keep the motor stock but you can put any ESC you like, (just be carefulot to burn the motor) and also you can run with touring tires, there is no limit for what you can use for upgrades and modification, the biggest rule is kep yor motor >>>stock

and to answer thw difference between shaft and belt, a belt is a little more stable and high speed where the shaft might give a little torq steer making it difficult to keep straight, also a belt driven car can get damaged easier if you get a stone stuck in the spur, belt, pinion or diff from my own experince which happened to me at area 2 (where we play),

if you want performance and effectiveness then a belt car is good for high speed stability, but if you want reliability and toughnmess then its best to opt for a shaft car........

your tt-01 is ok for now, just keep the motor stock and try the stock ESC....then come to the meet and see what you feel with your chassis...if you are happy with it then ok but if you think that you want more then go for a better touring kit which i am sure that alot of the guys will help you find a good car

Sideslider
Back to top Go down
rashed53
Mechanic

touring guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: touring guys   touring guys EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 1:17 pm

that nice to hear cant wait to come to a meeting
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

touring guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: touring guys   touring guys EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 2:51 pm

Hi Rashed, it will be great to have you join us! The more the mayhem-ier :-)

There are two threads on the GT topic, the first is THIS one. Have a read through because there were some developments all the way through.

We want people to start with an affordable setup, so the biggest criteria is that a stock motor is used. Rubber tires are allowed, no foams. Any battery as long as it is not higher than 7.4V. A Final Drive ratio of around 6 (for your TT-01, 25T pinion and 58 spur)

We also have a thread on a weekly roster on the event setup, look in the EP ON-ROAD topic, it is called GT & Mini Mayhem Weekly Roster.

We have some lap timing gear and will have a proper weekly race roster.

Good to have you along!
Back to top Go down
rashed53
Mechanic

touring guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: touring guys   touring guys EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 4:20 pm

thats good to hear am getting soo excited cant wait to the next meeting il bring my tt-01 as it is know il just add the hopups and shocks i got but any recomendation for the tires and where to get them cuase know am using foam tires on it and its great
Back to top Go down
rashed53
Mechanic

touring guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: touring guys   touring guys EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 4:24 pm

but when you say stock motor you mean the same motor i have on my TT_01 D because i feel that its sound very hi torque on top speed is that because of the gearing
Back to top Go down
sideslider
Chase Driver
sideslider

touring guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: touring guys   touring guys EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 7:10 pm

stock motor = mabuchi silver can

i think your tt-01d has the black color sport tuned motor, ask cathurga about that but i dont think its a problem
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

touring guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: touring guys   touring guys EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi Rashed,

Sideslider is correct, I believe the TT-01D has a sport tuned motor in it (black can), which has more torque and revs higher than a silver can.
We have quite a few people who have brushless motors and as soon as we have enough people, we will have a split in the classes, with silvercan (quicksilver) and then an outlaw class where ANYTHING goes, the only rules being 7.4V and rubber tires.

I believe that the most fun racing comes from evenly powered cars, that fall into a certain class. The racing is closer, and people have to rely on skill and not the size of their wallets..If there are enough people for both classes, the 'rules' for the quicksilver class will be strongly enforced. The main reason is that we need to get lots of 'newbies' involved in the racing. These people are not in a position to buy the best of the best parts and motors, but as they progress, they may want to develop their cars.

If you have a problem getting a silvercan, ask around on the forums, maybe someone can help you out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

touring guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: touring guys   touring guys Empty

Back to top Go down

touring guys
Page 1 of 1