DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 Vote_lcapMini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 Voting_barMini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 Vote_lcapMini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 Voting_barMini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mini & Touring Weekenders

Go down 
+18
Abdul Basit
jamea
mister-e
jovenshadow
king44
scarface
Samaj
Duane
LaNcE
Jay
RECKRACING
sideslider
J.Drift
hinawi
gerg
jebjeb
paul
cathurga
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
Administrator
Jay

Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:18 pm

gerg wrote:
I'm sure I have one of those tower pro servo at home. Will never use it if you want it?

cathurga wrote:
Jay, good job. I also have a servo spare that you can have. Just bring the mounting screws ad stuff.

Alright.. thanks guys very happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:14 am

Will try & be there myself with my MO5 & TB EVO 5.
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 4:31 am

whoya!!! i'll be there 4:30pm as well!
Back to top Go down
mister-e
Test Driver
mister-e

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:39 am

Man, it was really nice, doing some laps together with all the minis.
My M04 hooked up quite well on tarmac, using rubber tires.
Looking forward for the next run!

Friday guys?!
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptySat May 26, 2012 4:12 am

Yep,

Was great to see the old faces and the old mini's! Just like old times, except with a proper track.
Thanks to all the guys who came down. The track was a little 'slippery' until the sun went down, and the the traction picked up a lot.

We all have some work to do on our cars after todays session......I was thinking of going to M06, but I think will all the 'contact' going on, M03 is the way to go! Fortunately I got one of the last M03's a while back, time to build it up!

Is anyone interested in the 13T touring still? I like the 10.5T guys and their speed, but would rather take it a little more sedately if we can get enough guys to join in.....We had a lot of informal races at the Meydan track, lets try to get that going again before we all progress to the BIG LEAGUE of 10.5T
The touring side of it has better options for tuning the car, and the benefits are aparent more so than the mini's, and tourers are a lot more tech to drive than the mini's.....and just as much fun!

Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptySat May 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Thanks Andy for the free track day!

I never knew my mini could fly until yesterday.. laughing

How about running with the transponders sometime? very happy
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptySat May 26, 2012 6:36 pm

Yup andy thanks for yesterday! Really had fun racing with the minis.. and yes lances mini was the highest to fly yesterday.. and i mean really high lol!

Hope i could find a shop that still sells the black can to keep up with everyone.. friday it is very happy
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptySat May 26, 2012 7:37 pm

No probs guys, just good to have everyone having a bash at the mini's. I will speak to Humaid about the timing gear, but we will need to try and fit in with all the other guys that are there on Fridays.....I dont think theyve ever seen so many people down there at once!

We will see what plans he has for racing, and then try and fit in with them. I will also see if my transponders work with his system, I have my doubts, but worth a look see.

Jay will plan an ST for you.....might not get it this week, but hopefully soon. wink

Regards
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptySun May 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi,
What tyres where used on the M04 ?

Duane B

Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptySun May 27, 2012 5:43 pm

I think MrE was using foam to start (cheating, lol) but had success with rubber later in the eve. He got it running quite well, competitively anyway.
U still interested in my M04? Unused, never run, but with no electronics or motor..let me know.
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptySun May 27, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi Andy,

I have two M04's already, enough for now unless your M04 is irresistibly cheap ?

Duane.
Back to top Go down
mister-e
Test Driver
mister-e

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:31 pm

I was using old foam from nitro tohring car.
It was rubbish on tarmac!
Then i was using some old Tamiya rubbers.
Type A slicks at the rear and M-grip at the front.
It was really great as long as no one bumps you!
Rear wheel drive is more challenging to get it ballanced well.
However, when you get it right,... dance
Back to top Go down
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:00 am

My M05 was twitchy as hell. I leaning more towards using my TB05. 4WD traction is more fun.
But need to start using some tire traction.
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:36 am

Sam, all minis are twitchy like that, you need to have a bit of toe out on the front, toe in at the rear. Turn the steering rate down a lot, and if you have some expo, 35% should be about right smile
Actually, I have never owned an m05, but word is; the stock steering sucks.

Back to top Go down
jamea
Mechanic
jamea

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:47 pm

I fried my brand new Tekin speed control last night,

very bad
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:26 pm

Jamea, what were you using it in, and what motor?
I have heard that tekin make great ESC' s for crawlers, but the others are rubbish.

Eh, we are getting little OT here smile ooops
Back to top Go down
jamea
Mechanic
jamea

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Andy, it was going to be used in 1/12 pan car with 17.5 motor, I heard it is a good and popular speedo,
it went ou during installation in the car,, it could be because I used 1 s lipo mayby, cuz it didnt even start and just kept blkining with burning smell
the servo is one of these cheap ones I used to have in the tail of my 450 heli if that has anything to do with the probelm

so any plans for this Friday, ?
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Jamea, unlikely that it would blow by putting a lower voltage through it, the only problem I would expect with that scenario is the LVC kicking in. Servo, is also unlikely to affect it, as the RX would be a victim of overload there...
Either a dud unit, or you mistakenly swapped pos and neg input? Also might have a jammed motor?

I have guests arriving on Friday, do might not make it, but will defo try. I swapped an ST into the F1 car, want to try it!
Back to top Go down
gerg
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
gerg

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 4:27 pm

I've started a 1/12 thread and added my comment over there.

The 1/12 pan car thread.
Back to top Go down
mister-e
Test Driver
mister-e

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:42 pm

Jamea,

That's bad news!
I'm very happy with Tekin and currently using the RS myself for the 10.5T.
Must be a short circuit.
Send it back to their repair center! Tekin has a very decent service!

Then again....

Is it meant to be used for a 1S LiPo?
Did you try to calibrate it using 2S LiPo?
Could be that you need a voltage booster to operate is with 1S.
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:58 pm

Ok, looks like I might be able to make it down to the track tomorrow. We can do
Minis again, but if anyone has their 13t tourers active, let's get them out for some informal racing
Back to top Go down
gerg
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
gerg

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 4:12 pm

I should be able to make it tomorrow too.
I will bring my collection of cars for some laps....... driving
Back to top Go down
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:20 pm

I will try and come down myself.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:25 am

Was not able to get hold of the ST motor as planned.. thumb_down
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 6:33 pm

Good fun on the track this past Friday!

Some really good racing with the 5 or 6 cars we had on the track, and we had Ed showing us how it's done with a RWD mini. I think we can agree that the ST is good enough as a spec motor for this class, what do you think? Putting 13T motors will make it faster for sure but I think it would make it more expensive, and not as easy for people to join in. At least everyone can use the kit ESC.
Save the 13T motors for the touring cars. I have been using the TB03 with a few hop ups, but I have added them gradually and have not noted any MAJOR performance increases. Bigger pinion, decent shocks and good tires offer performance advantages. Other hop ups like unis, sway bars and alloy/CF parts make no major contribution. I reckon a TT-01 with some hop ups could easily be a competitor in this class.

I won't be down on Friday as I have guests in town, but will try to make Saturday.
I am in two minds whether to prep my M04 to run with the mini's or to build the M03 I have. I am using Graham's car and it seems to run really well, I just don't want to break someone else's car.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mini & Touring Weekenders   Mini & Touring Weekenders - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mini & Touring Weekenders
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next