DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Proposed Driver Stand Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Proposed Driver Stand Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Proposed Driver Stand Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Proposed Driver Stand Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Proposed Driver Stand Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Proposed Driver Stand Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Proposed Driver Stand Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Proposed Driver Stand Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Proposed Driver Stand Vote_lcapProposed Driver Stand Voting_barProposed Driver Stand Vote_rcap 
Jay
Proposed Driver Stand Vote_lcapProposed Driver Stand Voting_barProposed Driver Stand Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Proposed Driver Stand

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jay
Administrator
Jay

Proposed Driver Stand Empty
PostProposed Driver Stand

As discussed..

Proposed Driver Stand Driver10

Proposed Driver Stand Driver11

Proposed Driver Stand Driver13

Proposed Driver Stand Driver12

More ideas for the driver stand bridge and lockers are welcomed. Hand rails we can close it up with one bar on the other end just to make sure it doesnt give way, we just have to duck when climbing up. We also need support on the front and rear to avoid tipping over. Was also thinking about connecting the sensor bridge to it as well, if we still have extra budget.

Paul I've attached a CAD file for you to play around with very happy

Last edited by Jay on Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Share this post on: reddit

Proposed Driver Stand :: Comments

cathurga
Re: Proposed Driver Stand
Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:03 pm by cathurga
AWESOME Jay!

That looks the business... Depending on how long that center piece is, we may be able to get away without the center legs. And is it appears there, we should be able to get 6 people on there comfortably!

I dont have CAD on my PC but is there any way to get a pic of the center piece with the dimensions? I want to be able to pass it on to the metalworkers...?
LaNcE
Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:48 pm by LaNcE
Looks great! I'd rather have those center legs positioned horizontally though. It'll make it a more solid structure. The sensor bridge may have to be a separate piece as it will be a little hard to drive close to the stand (atleast for me). And besides, the pit area is there.. very happy
We only need a 4m long aluminum square tubing, and a pair of stands. And barriers too.

Lockers. Some marine plywood may be best as the winter season is just around the corner and some rainy days are expected. What are we gonna keep in the oven anyway?

cathurga
Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:59 pm by cathurga
LOL...the oven. I was thinking of making it out of alu/steel....or even wire mesh. The idea is to keep things like the ladder (bridge) or whatever iteration we make of the bridge. Also plates, barriers, road domes etc etc so that if I cannot make it down there, others can still use it. Obvioulsy all laptops/timing gear will not be stored there. Marine plywood will be very easy to break...

That center section, as long as it has the support struts and is not longer than the equivalent of two of the end units, will not need the vertical legs, any longer and it would.
gerg
Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:08 pm by gerg
LaNcE wrote:
What are we gonna keep in the oven anyway?

I'd suggest a few pies or maybe pizza would be good laughing
paul
Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:19 pm by paul
Jay

Good work!

i think this looks great man, no need to play around, let just get a price and see what we're in for! very happy

might be worth putting a steel mesh door on the oven, then people can see whats inside and realise its not worth the effort to breaking for plates and a bridge....just a suggestion....

Jay
Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:33 pm by Jay
Updated the 1st post with attached PDF file as you requested Andy. With regards to the center posts we can let the workshop decide on it I'm sure they know which is better. without the legs it's cheaper though very happy

I'm more concerned about the safety here.. so post up all your suggestions.. we need more ideas. I've placed all the infos and files needed guys now work on your schemes very happy

LaNcE
Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:05 pm by LaNcE
gerg wrote:
LaNcE wrote:
What are we gonna keep in the oven anyway?

I'd suggest a few pies or maybe pizza would be good laughing

hahaha! we've got a lot of plates already so it's gonna be fine dining at it's best.. Oven.. laughing
cathurga
Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:26 pm by cathurga
Ok, I went with the steelworker to the site yesterday, and he is going to send me a quote in the next few days. I will post it up here, and then we will need to start collecting some Membership fees.
I did tell them that I am working with 'donations' and he needs to do a budget job, but one that is SAFE for us to use. Initial pricing for just the stand extension, secondary including the 'oven'. For the pizza oven, I opted for an open mesh structure so people can see there is nothing of value in it.

I think at some point we should paint the stand too....make it look nice.
Jay
Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:14 pm by Jay
Thanks Andy just inform us on whatever the costs is and hope we have enough funds for it.
BTW did the 1/5 guys already gave the drivers stand to us? very happy
gerg
Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:16 pm by gerg
Won't an open mesh design let all the heat out? punish

OK, I'm just joking.
But if we can get the mesh panel or solid panel pieces cut right size, I have rivet gun, rivets and drill etc so we can probably install it.
LaNcE
Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:52 pm by LaNcE
it won't be an oven anymore.. sad
we'll call it "the cage" smile

we'd be happy to be of help. just inform us when we are to start.. very happy
cathurga
Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:18 pm by cathurga
I have not heard back from the guys yet, but will drop by their workshop tomorrow some time...
The quote they are giving me is for STEEL C-Bar, and am hoping that the aluminium will support the weight, but we should be ok.

I asked them to include installation on-site .... wink
tractorboy
Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:01 pm by tractorboy
Did they get back to you Andy?
cathurga
Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:48 am by cathurga
Dan, not yet, but I was in the workshop today giving them a rev, hopefully tomorrow will have a price to work with...
Post  by Sponsored content

Proposed Driver Stand

Page 1 of 1