DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
New R/C driver in Dubai Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
New R/C driver in Dubai Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
New R/C driver in Dubai Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
New R/C driver in Dubai Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
New R/C driver in Dubai Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
New R/C driver in Dubai Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
New R/C driver in Dubai Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
New R/C driver in Dubai Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
New R/C driver in Dubai Vote_lcapNew R/C driver in Dubai Voting_barNew R/C driver in Dubai Vote_rcap 
Jay
New R/C driver in Dubai Vote_lcapNew R/C driver in Dubai Voting_barNew R/C driver in Dubai Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

New R/C driver in Dubai

Go down 
+3
sideslider
jebjeb
tractorboy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tractorboy
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
tractorboy

New R/C driver in Dubai Empty
PostSubject: New R/C driver in Dubai   New R/C driver in Dubai EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:07 am

Hello everyone,

Im not that new in Dubai, have been here about a year and a half but its taken that long for me to get bitten by the R/C bug again!

I came across this forum about 6 months ago and would have got back into racing then but i found out you guys usually race on Saturdays. This put me off as i work every Saturday till late. So because of this i started to fly Nitro planes, as i find having a R/C car useless unless you can race it, plus flying seemed and as i found out is quite a bit more challenging!

But just recently i picked up this:

New R/C driver in Dubai Img0433fg

Just so i could do a bit of dirt bashing, plus i have never ran a nitro car/buggy before and i go into the nitro engines whilst flying.

Anyway its got me back into the bug again, and since seeing there is an event at the autodrome soon i want to give my old Yokomo SD with a custom chassis an outing.

New R/C driver in Dubai Img0452cs

I brought this and loads of spares over with me when i came to Dubai, even though it hadnt had a run for a least 2 years when i was in the UK.

I used to race every week at a local club, but this was quite a while back. 2.4GHZ systems weren't widely used, and brushless motors definitely weren't.

Anyway after visiting the forum again i see some of you have been racing at Al Ain on a Friday which has made me really want to get back in the the EP scene.

I currently have no radio gear, except whats in the Koysho, and i have no ESC, Motor or Bats as these are all still in the UK and would be way past it.

So i have a few questions:

Whats the typical set up that you guys use?

Brushless Motors?

Lipo bats?

What radio systems are easily available in dubai?

I know of most of the shops as i have use a few through picking up my planes. I know the Hobby Store is well over priced and useless for spares.

In radio terms ive been thinking about picking up a Spektrum DX3r from ultimate heli as i have a DX6i for my planes and ultimate heli have offered me a good service in the past.

Next is if i decided to go down the brushless route, where can i get a decent motor ESC and Lipo bats with out going to The Hobby Store?

Then i also need to pick up a new body, so where would be the best place for that?

I know that some of you guys like to order online, but i want to try to steer clear of that as my other half can check the credit card statements and she will go mad if she finds out how much i will end up spending again!

So if anyone could share some light that would be great, thanks!
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: New R/C driver in Dubai   New R/C driver in Dubai EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:23 am

welcome to the site tractorboy.. it seems you're well experience with the hobby. as for your questions... damn, thats a lot.

we usally order online. some hobby shops here offer most of what you need but as you said, its costly.

we have JJ dubdrift shop here and some guys selling rc stuffs. just browse through them and you'd definitely find something you need to start again.
Back to top Go down
sideslider
Chase Driver
sideslider

PostSubject: Re: New R/C driver in Dubai   New R/C driver in Dubai EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:27 am

hello and welcome to the Forum, on behalf of dubdrift we hope you have an enjoyable time on the site and indeed in the hobby

any way, im sure the guys will fill you in on map details and timings of the meets (usually saturdays @ 4pm) you can usually find new and used Rc bits in the marketplace section located in the "home" tab, i can help u out there with a JR Propo synthesized system (another fancy word for 2.4ghz) including extra bits such as drift tires etc. and what is not available can be bought through the JJ drift shop that makes frequent orders online for all your RC needs with a small additional fee for service. you simply post what you want to order in the JJ drift shop section and pay for it incash to one of the two forum members Ian "Jebjeb" or jhon "Jdrift"

good luck on your parts hunt
Back to top Go down
bong
Chase Driver
bong

PostSubject: Re: New R/C driver in Dubai   New R/C driver in Dubai EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:42 pm

hey man, welcome to the forum, the dx3r would be a wise investment, although it comes with just one receiver and if you need one it will cost more than 3oo dirhams, but still, im very satisfied with it. for the body, they are available at speedhobbies in ras al khor and sharjah and in hobbies zone in deira, plus evo4 shells and porsche carrera shell in toys n us. for motors, it depends on what you will use it for... mini mayhem are stock silver can, gt mayhem are sport tuned or 13t brushless, then there's the gt outlaw where you can use whatever motor you want and same with drifting. for the batteries, better go with lipo coz you'll get better runtimes, just be cautious when charging it and make sure you're esc has lipo cut-off or get a low-voltage buzzer.

hope that helped a bit.

by the way we do have an outing to al ain this friday, perhaps you'd like to join us... there's an offroad track there, and a place to fly planes and choppers as well.

Last edited by bong on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.kodakcinelabs.ae
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: New R/C driver in Dubai   New R/C driver in Dubai EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:13 pm

I suggest you go over to Hobbies Zone if you can. They have plenty of supply there for batteries (yeah racing), I saw some radios there and they have some of the Hobby Wing BL motors which are not the best, but good bang for your buck!

Welcome...
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: New R/C driver in Dubai   New R/C driver in Dubai EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:26 pm

hey tractorboy welcome to the forums, ive been seeing much of your posts around dubais motorsports forums like evolve.ae and ssc-uae.com. hope you enjoy 1:10 touring or drifting as much as 1:1 touring cars.

regarding the new hobby shop in deira like andy suggested click HERE for more infos.

weve started going to al ain track just this year and a lot had fun touring for a whole day i think this one would be a monthly visit. were scheduled to go this friday if your free.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
tractorboy
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
tractorboy

PostSubject: Re: New R/C driver in Dubai   New R/C driver in Dubai EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Looks like i will be making a trip to Hobby Zone in Deira soon, but ill no doubt end up getting lost as ive only ventured to Deira a handful of times!

It looks like i wont be able to make this Friday as i am moving into a new apartment this weekend so im going to be tied up. Is the Al Ain meeting going to be a regular meeting now? If it is i will make it to the next one.

Looks like i have missed out on a few good deals recently in the marketplace section on the forum. Does the JJ Dubdrift shop buy from RC Mart? If so it looks like i will be putting in an order very soon. How often do orders go out?

sideslider: ill send you a PM about the radio.

altimeters: do you drive a Seat? Im on a lot of the motorsport forums here in dubai!
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: New R/C driver in Dubai   New R/C driver in Dubai EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:19 pm

yes, JJ dubdrift shop is ordering from rcmart, ebay, amain, tower, rc race&drift japan, etc.

if we have numbers, then JJ can order by batch or you can have a special batch of orders as well... if you're in a rush
Back to top Go down
tractorboy
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
tractorboy

PostSubject: Re: New R/C driver in Dubai   New R/C driver in Dubai EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:30 pm

Cool im just having a look on rcmart at the mo but wont make any decisions until i visit Hobby Zone in Deira, so i will be in contact with you soon jebjeb.

And how does ordering from ebay work? I guess its just the US version of ebay?
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: New R/C driver in Dubai   New R/C driver in Dubai EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:29 am

tractorboy wrote:
altimeters: do you drive a Seat? Im on a lot of the motorsport forums here in dubai!
no but ive been wanting to drive one clown im into online racing aswell with WTCC cars and FIA GTs.. and leon TDI is one of my most used touring car so i sometimes end up on the ssc forum when googling.

hope you make it soon in one of our sessions man!
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: New R/C driver in Dubai   New R/C driver in Dubai EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:34 am

tractorboy wrote:
Cool im just having a look on rcmart at the mo but wont make any decisions until i visit Hobby Zone in Deira, so i will be in contact with you soon jebjeb.

And how does ordering from ebay work? I guess its just the US version of ebay?

sure thing! i will wait for your items... smile you can order from any part of the world for as long as they ship it here in Dubai. smile
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: New R/C driver in Dubai   New R/C driver in Dubai EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:44 pm

welcome to the forums!
Back to top Go down
tractorboy
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
tractorboy

PostSubject: Re: New R/C driver in Dubai   New R/C driver in Dubai EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 1:52 pm

altimeters wrote:
tractorboy wrote:
no but ive been wanting to drive one clown im into online racing aswell with WTCC cars and FIA GTs.. and leon TDI is one of my most used touring car so i sometimes end up on the ssc forum when googling.

hope you make it soon in one of our sessions man!

My Cupra is crazy too drive, but it costs me a lot in fines!

Im looking at coming down on Saturday as i have taken it off work so i can sort a few bits out.

Does anyone have any good directions for Hobby Zone!? I ended up getting really lost in Deira the other night
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: New R/C driver in Dubai   New R/C driver in Dubai EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:51 pm

too bad you wont make it this friday.. lets hope a lot of peeps get to come on saturday aswell. some arent allowed to have 2 RC days in a week lol

ive only been to the hobby zone once.. and im not famillar with the place too. all i know is if you take floating bridge going to deira, continue going straight along itihad road up to the 1st stoplight AFTER dinata building turn left, then on your LEFT!!! you will see the eppco petrol station, go pass by it and take a u-turn, hobby zone is one of the retail shops at the petrol station.

click on the AUTO CENTER BUILDING..... HERE

Last edited by altimeters on Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : LEFT EDITED LOL)
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: New R/C driver in Dubai   New R/C driver in Dubai EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 3:02 pm

@ jay... take left on the signal after dnata bldg., the building on the corner is mitsubishi motors. after youtake left go straight and on your eft side is eppco, make a u-turn before the signal, go inside eppco pertrol station and you're in hobbies zone smile
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: New R/C driver in Dubai   New R/C driver in Dubai EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 3:08 pm

yup its the 1st signal after dnata building right? hmm

Quote :
along itihad road up to the 1st stoplight AFTER dnata building turn left, then on your LEFT, you will see the eppco petrol station, go pass by it and take a u-turn, hobby zone is one of the retail shops at the petrol station.
Back to top Go down
tractorboy
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
tractorboy

PostSubject: Re: New R/C driver in Dubai   New R/C driver in Dubai EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 7:40 pm

Thanks for the info people, i was in completely the wrong area! Looks like ill be heading down there on Saturaday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New R/C driver in Dubai   New R/C driver in Dubai Empty

Back to top Go down

New R/C driver in Dubai
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DubDrift :: Member Central :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: