DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Zabeel Park Incident - Page 2 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Zabeel Park Incident - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Zabeel Park Incident - Page 2 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Zabeel Park Incident - Page 2 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Zabeel Park Incident - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Zabeel Park Incident - Page 2 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Zabeel Park Incident - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Zabeel Park Incident - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Zabeel Park Incident - Page 2 Vote_lcapZabeel Park Incident - Page 2 Voting_barZabeel Park Incident - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Zabeel Park Incident - Page 2 Vote_lcapZabeel Park Incident - Page 2 Voting_barZabeel Park Incident - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Zabeel Park Incident

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

Zabeel Park Incident - Page 2 Empty
PostZabeel Park Incident

Dear All,

As most of you probably know, there has been some incident at Zabeel Park where they asked us to all leave. I am not sure who would complain, but they said that there were people playing football and cricket there and this is one of the reasons. :evil: cry

I am going to go to the Public Parks Office this week and see if we can get it sorted out.

I will let you all know what happens.

In the meantime, if any of you have some suggestions about where else we can go, please give us some input.

Greg and I went to the Creek to see what was happening at the old track, and I can confirm that the entire thing has been bulldozed to the ground....there is nothing but a big sand patch there now. Very sad.

I will also check on the open lot at Al Wasl, I am not sure if it would be a nice drift area but will check it out anyway.

Regards
Andy
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Zabeel Park Incident :: Comments

LaNcE
Re: Zabeel Park Incident
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:58 pm by LaNcE
spy wrote:
that was to far!!! al ghusais, it is almost sharjah!!!

za'abeel park is far from sharjah as well but i'm not complaining.. right chris?

lol! lol! lol!

i've seen that part of jumeirah before when i had to stop to make a call for directions..

i'm having my drifter already that time and thought it would really be a great site to drift on..
maybe we can ask if someone owns the place and if he won't mind letting us play on it every week..

there is also a parking area that i've played on before. it's just diagonally opposite za'abeel park - opposite Sana Fashions..
but it's not as smooth as we need..

we'll need more scouting if we really want to find a suitable place.

Last edited by orange_alien on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
spy
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:06 pm by spy
but the traffic in sharjah is very worst!!! besides, the parking area in sharjah most them are hard sand!!! laughing laughing laughing
.j0sh
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:33 pm by .j0sh
orange_alien wrote:
spy wrote:
that was to far!!! al ghusais, it is almost sharjah!!!

za'abeel park is far from sharjah as well but i'm not complaining.. right chris?

lol! lol! lol!

i've seen that part of jumeirah before when i had to stop to make a call for a directions..

i'm having my drifter already that time and thought it would really be a great site to drift on..
maybe we can ask if someone owns the place and if he won't mind letting us play on it every week..

there is also a parking area that i've played on before. it's just diagonally opposite za'abeel park - opposite Sana Fashions..
but it's not as smooth as we need..

we'll need more scouting if we really want to find a suitable place.

Owwww. Yes I know that place.
But if I'm not mistaken, I believe that it's a religious place for muslims.
We might have problems there.

Plus there isn't any place to 'shelter' under than heat of the sun there. =/
LaNcE
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:35 pm by LaNcE
spy wrote:
but the traffic in sharjah is very worst!!! besides, the parking area in sharjah most them are hard sand!!! laughing laughing laughing

wahaha! i'm not asking everybory to come to sharjah.. wahaha!
that's why i always come to dubai..

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
spy
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:37 pm by spy
laughing laughing laughing i know even you ask us, we will not go there!!! laughing laughing laughing

lol! lol! lol!
cathurga
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:38 pm by cathurga
I am more than happy to go to the Lamcy area, it looks good. As I mentioned before though, if it is paid parking there will be some government official coming around to fine those that havent paid for parking, and they will probably have a go at us for putting track markers and tape down....and make us pay for parking too. Then they will report us and before long they will ban us...

I dont know where everyone stays, but the guys in Ghusais have got a longer way to go, but to the Jumeirah spot, there are no salik roads....over business bay, left at Safa park and you are there..no traffic either.

I dont think there is any 'owner' of the ground, except the RTA, but there is no pay parking, no facilities and they dont maintain it....so doubt anyone will get upset with markers and traction compound (coca-cola). Spinnney is nearby, and there are toilets there, but it is a 2 minute walk....

Let's see...keep scouting :-)
spy
Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:04 am by spy
will check some more options!!!
gerg
Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:43 am by gerg
..for the moment, no. But I am working on it. It seems that we may need to get a permit of some sort. Hopefully have it sorted out soon, otherwise we need to look for alternatives.[/quote]

Andy,
I think sometimes its better not to try and get anything official. People sometimes do not want to put their name to things that might come back and bite them later. It's easier for them to just say no.
Maybe it is better to get their unofficial approval, even if its on trial basis. If you try and push it through all the official channels, then it becomes official and one of them is responsible for their actions (or ours?).
Official approval would be nice, but I think maybe an unofficial blessing to continue would be just as good, and more likely to be forthcoming.
Just my thoughts, and I could easily be completely wrong, but worth the thought.
.j0sh
Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:18 am by .j0sh
Hey there Sir Greg, welcome to the forum.

Well, you do have a point. It would be really painful if we work hard to do things the right way then later on have someone say "no" just because he holds 'the keys'.
It's still worth giving a try. But I guess we just need to have a positive mind about this.
Anonymous
Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:01 pm by Guest
you guys have a point there. bottom line is... we should be playing in zabeel as it is the most accessible place to play. scratch
Jay
Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:48 pm by Jay
cathurga wrote:
J,

What are you doing looking at Dubdrift from the office....GO DO SOME WORK DUDE! hahahahahahah

I sent you a pic to your yahoo mail.

I saw where you were talking about on the map, it looks good, but I am pretty sure someone will get upset when it is paid parking. Unfotunately when you have parking wardens walking around giving out tockets, one of them will see us, and if we ask nicely, they wont tell...but more than likely they will. 🐷
The big lot (Number 1) looks big enough to do touring and drifting tho.

The place I am on about will need some sweeping for the first week or two, just to get rid of the big rocks and most of the sand/dust....after that it should be good to go!

If we do go there, the first week we could have a sweeping competition.....or strap little vacuum cleaners to each car wink

nothing much to do in the office andy.. actually this site we have now was done here at the office by me and erick lol

i saw the image on the email youve sent and yes i know the area at alwassel road near spinneys. looks nice and would really fit all our tracks but im not sure if it would be accessible to everyone. a lot of the guys are travelling from deira and sharjah so lets see if all would agree.

anyone knows what bus number passes that area clown

sweeping competition for the first week would be nice, we have a streetsweeper on our team lol
spy
Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:10 pm by spy
how about a basketball court?
Jay
Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:21 pm by Jay
spy wrote:
how about a basketball court?

as if you could see an available court here.. usually theyre full of filipinos and more waiting for their turn. theres one court were we use to play at the back of st marys but you have to pay 10dhs each.. its gonna be more expensive than parking fee.
spy
Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:32 pm by spy
i think, i saw one basketball court in GHARHOUD and nobody is playing there!!! bec. their was no board and ring!!! let me check it tom!!!
.j0sh
Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:37 pm by .j0sh
Then it should be called "Free Space"...hehe
That would be very helpful sir aeron. Tnx. =)
JRacing
Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:56 pm by JRacing
sorry guys but if al wasl is our new hometown then i cannot attend the meets.. im coming from work every sat. and going to zabeel is already a hard thing for me..

hope we can find other place to slyd on to...huhuhuhuhuhuhu sad

but its a very good place though... it would be really fun if you can play there... wink
Nitram
Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:37 am by Nitram
@andy,

thanks for the effort checking creek park, i was surprised that the track has been demolished already...... let's try this coming saturday in lamcy area.. see u there..

martin
cathurga
Some good news.
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:20 pm by cathurga
Hey All,

I thought I would give you a bit of an update on the status of this affair...

I met this morning, with the Head of Dubai Parks - Deira unit. He was a very accomodating man and we discussed many aspects of the hobby and how difficult it is for us to find a decent area to run our cars. He was very understanding and was keen to help is solve the problem and hopefully help us in the long term.

For now though, he has recommended that we look for somewhere else to make a more permanent venue until we can convince all in his office that we are not a problem that they need to keep a watchful eye on.

He has said we can go to Zabeel this Saturday and race our cars, and I have invited him to come and see what we do. So....this Saturday, from 5PM let's get to Zabeel and have some fun. Get as many people as you can to bring their cars!!! We all need to be on our best behaviour and give them a good show and hopefully we can convince them that it is a live hobby and there are lots of interested people who would like to take part.
I must ask you though, to please exclude the nitro cars for now. I know there is one guy who had his nitro tourer down there and I dont want to exclude him as a result. When I was talking to Mr Saleh, he agreed that any loud noise may be the reason someone complained...but he is not sure that that is the only reason.

So? Are we ready to ride n slide for the big show??

Andy
chardiboi
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:26 pm by chardiboi
thats really good news andy!!!!!

i'll be there with my family so they'll know it's a family thing we're doing. . .

in behalf of the guys. . thanks very much!! more power.
Anonymous
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:33 pm by Guest
wow this is a good news to us! thanks andy a lot for your effort...
.j0sh
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:37 pm by .j0sh
That's great news.
Thank you so much sir Andy.
We really appreciate what you've done. +D

@All
- Best Behaviour
- Nitro(s) on hold for now
J.Drift
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:37 pm by J.Drift
hey! Andy

that is a very good news all the team will be happy to hear this news thanks for the effort we very much appreciate it more power to our hobby :cheers:
Jay
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:11 pm by Jay
andy we couldnt thank you enough for clearing this out with the dubai park guys. you have solved this issue all by youself, we really appreciate your efforts on this man.

so whats left for us drifters is to behave specially this comming weekend since the head of dubai parks is comming over to check our hobby out. dispose all trash like cigarette butts and water bottles properly. lets show them how we love this hobby and that it doesnt cause any problems to anyone.

thanks again for everything man clown
so no need to send you a file of the express article?
JRacing
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:47 pm by JRacing
Thanks andy your the man! :cheers:
cathurga
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:57 pm by cathurga
Hey Guys,

I appreciate the thanks, it is good news, but lets not get our hopes too high. At some point they are going to want us to find a new place, but they are willing to help us out.
Mr Saleh's boss, Ms Fatima is away for a week, and this will eventually land on her desk. Hopefully if we are able to convince them of our good intentions, she will also be as willing.

Mr Saleh's son also plays with RC, so he knows exactly what we face, he said that his son keeps breaking his cars and gets disillusioned with the hobby...I explained that this is where the community can help! I am sure all of you will agree that anybody who arrives looking for help and advice, will DEFINATELY get it from our community.

I will send him an email on Thursday, officially inviting him to come and join us...hopefully he will come :-)

At some point, if he is able to help us, we can also make him an honorary member of Dubdrift forums.....except, then we will have to watch what we say around here LOL
Post  by Sponsored content

Zabeel Park Incident

Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next