DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Zabeel Park Incident Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Zabeel Park Incident Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Zabeel Park Incident Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Zabeel Park Incident Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Zabeel Park Incident Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Zabeel Park Incident Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Zabeel Park Incident Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Zabeel Park Incident Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Zabeel Park Incident Vote_lcapZabeel Park Incident Voting_barZabeel Park Incident Vote_rcap 
Jay
Zabeel Park Incident Vote_lcapZabeel Park Incident Voting_barZabeel Park Incident Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Zabeel Park Incident

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

Zabeel Park Incident Empty
PostZabeel Park Incident

Dear All,

As most of you probably know, there has been some incident at Zabeel Park where they asked us to all leave. I am not sure who would complain, but they said that there were people playing football and cricket there and this is one of the reasons. :evil: cry

I am going to go to the Public Parks Office this week and see if we can get it sorted out.

I will let you all know what happens.

In the meantime, if any of you have some suggestions about where else we can go, please give us some input.

Greg and I went to the Creek to see what was happening at the old track, and I can confirm that the entire thing has been bulldozed to the ground....there is nothing but a big sand patch there now. Very sad.

I will also check on the open lot at Al Wasl, I am not sure if it would be a nice drift area but will check it out anyway.

Regards
Andy
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Zabeel Park Incident :: Comments

spy
Re: Zabeel Park Incident
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:42 am by spy
andy, thank you for the effort!!! will inform you guys for any update!!!
.j0sh
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:18 am by .j0sh
Sir Andy we thank you so much for the help that you've given.
We hope that this doesn't collide with any of your plans for the coming days.
If there is anything we can do to help please let us know.

We laid out a track at a parking lot behind Eppco near Wafi City, and the place was fairly nice.
The place is well lit, and quite wide for all of us to fit.
Problem is, it's a paided parking lot. We don't really need to pay, but if we grow into a larger group, we might start attracting problems.
Plus, since we're right behind Eppco (and Burger King), we can get refreshment quickly at anytime.

Another place where we can try is at the parking lot of wonderland. I'm not sure if they're strict there, but it's worth giving a shot.

Thanks again, and we really hope that we pull through this dilemma.
Jay
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:32 am by Jay
aeron informed me of this incident a while ago, i dont know why someone would complain for playing on an empty parking lot, i see cricket guys playing on fridays at the same area were we have our runs. did they say its the cricket guys were the ones who complained?

so sad the hopes for us playing at creekpark track is all gone, anyway like josh said we have another area were we used to play, its near eppco/american hospital. its also a parking lot so big that would surely fit all our tracks, will post the map tomorrow for those who havent been to the place.

and yes i suggested the parking lot at wonderland to aeron but that place is packed with cricket guys so i dont know if we could get an area for us to play there.

just let us know andy if we could be of anyhelp on you guys. this is a bad timing for my mini :pale:
mc drift
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:00 am by mc drift
too sad to hear from you... i just don't get it. they usually try to push us out like in parking lots and basketball courts and play cricket and football after? they don't own that park? not unless he's the sheik. and the attitude man ...disgusting, rude and uncivilized. it's a public place right!..i got one incident also here. me and hyperdash have just finished laying out a track... after few minutes a "patan" guy and learner driver ask us to leave because they will practice driving. i was shouting to that guy and telling that this space is huge and why don't you move somewhere else.. that parking lot can take 200+ cars. hyperdash start to intervene before a worst scenario will come.. hyperdash ask me to calm down, and he immediately take our cones and start a new one. what the hell is wrong with them?...they don't know how much we spend to our hobby. it just freak me out every time i recall on that. :evil:
LaNcE
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:04 am by LaNcE
i just hope this incident gets sorted out as soon as possible..

again andy, if you need any help from the guys, just let us know..
we'd be more than happy to help.. it's for everybody anyway..
.j0sh
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:14 am by .j0sh
@Carlo
Since we played at the parking lot of Zaabel Park, it was the management that told us to stop.
Apparently, someone complained about the cricket balls/footballs hitting other cars.
So I guess any form of 'fun' outside the parking lot is prohibited at the moment.

Hai....
LaNcE
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:13 pm by LaNcE
yeah.. and we should not be the one suffering for these actions..

we are the one damaging our own cars wehehehe!

anyways, let's hope for the best.. but we should start scouting for other locations to play in case this does not push thru..

good luck to all of us..
J.Drift
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:47 pm by J.Drift
How i wish the park office provide andy the permit for to play on the same area because that area is accessible to all.

@andy feel free to let us know what support you need from us we are grateful to help.
cathurga
Hold thumbs
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:34 pm by cathurga
Hey Guys,

I hope we can get it sorted out too...it seems a little unfair.

I have been checking the Govt of Dubai website and there are some applications there to use facilitities and request the use OF facilities. I am going to follow the 'rules' and fill out one of the applications and then go and see them personally.

Greg and I cam looking for you, and couldnt find you. But I know where you were now :-)

The paid parking areas might be a bit of a problem, but provided we are paying customers, it might be the best place LOL.

Will keep you informed as I go along...
jhaps
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:55 pm by jhaps
will it be possible to play at the back of TRAVEL MARKET in front of AL KABAYL?what do you think sir jon,maybe we can ask for a permit or something to the owner.......problem is we dont know who's the owner. sad
J.Drift
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:09 pm by J.Drift
@jhaps thant area is goo but i dont think it can accomodate the 2 group Mini Touring & Drifting bounce bounce bounce
roadrunner
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:04 pm by roadrunner
Just for your info...

There are a lot of open parking spaces in Al Ghusais area. If you want we can check this area.
.j0sh
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:16 pm by .j0sh
roadrunner wrote:
Just for your info...

There are a lot of open parking spaces in Al Ghusais area. If you want we can check this area.

That may be a good thing, but it might be a bit hard to reach for other people, especially those without cars.
spy
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:36 pm by spy
that was to far!!! al ghusais, it is almost sharjah!!!
cathurga
Al Wasl Option
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:53 pm by cathurga
Hey Guys,

I had a meeting down near DIC, so I went to have a look at the lot near Spinney's Al Wasl....

Being a tool, I didnt take my camera off MMS mode...so the pictures suck. Anyway, there is about 4 blocks of open space down there...all of it is tarmacm, but some of it has gouges and some holes, but there is definately enough room for everyone, easily enough for a touring car layout as well.
Nobody seems to ever go there. Spinneys is a 2 minute walk away and it is not likely owned by a park or anyone.

I will try to get some better pics in the week.

Zabeel Park Incident 28062009114

Zabeel Park Incident 28062009115

Zabeel Park Incident 28062009116
Anonymous
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:58 pm by Guest
looks clear to me! i think its also a good place for touring and drifting
street_sweeper
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:01 pm by street_sweeper
i like it. huge very happy
Anonymous
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:03 pm by Guest
HUGE???? lol! scratch :affraid:
Jay
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:05 pm by Jay
photobuckets blocked here at the office will share my comment regarding the area when i get home. thanks andy.

please also check the map i uploaded for the moven pick area were we use to do our drifts.

Last edited by altimeters on Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
cathurga
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:06 pm by cathurga
Here is the location on Google....

Zabeel Park Incident Track
cathurga
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:14 pm by cathurga
J,

What are you doing looking at Dubdrift from the office....GO DO SOME WORK DUDE! hahahahahahah

I sent you a pic to your yahoo mail.

I saw where you were talking about on the map, it looks good, but I am pretty sure someone will get upset when it is paid parking. Unfotunately when you have parking wardens walking around giving out tockets, one of them will see us, and if we ask nicely, they wont tell...but more than likely they will. 🐷
The big lot (Number 1) looks big enough to do touring and drifting tho.

The place I am on about will need some sweeping for the first week or two, just to get rid of the big rocks and most of the sand/dust....after that it should be good to go!

If we do go there, the first week we could have a sweeping competition.....or strap little vacuum cleaners to each car wink
chardiboi
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:39 pm by chardiboi
what about zabeel park. . . . is there no chance of sliding there again?
cathurga
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:47 pm by cathurga
chardiboi wrote:
what about zabeel park. . . . is there no chance of sliding there again?

..for the moment, no. But I am working on it. It seems that we may need to get a permit of some sort. Hopefully have it sorted out soon, otherwise we need to look for alternatives.
.j0sh
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:55 pm by .j0sh
@Sir Richard
I think we have to look for other options just incase our proposal isn't approved.

@Sir Andy
The 'Area1' near MovenPick is an extremely huge parking lot. It might be a good alternative.
We played in 'Area2' yesterday and it's good enough for 2-4 tracks. Plus it's near Eppco.

The area near Spinneys look good. I'll try to pass by the area on the way home and check it out for myself.
Thanks for sharing =)

Some plus factors we should keep in mind when picking a new place.
- Should be accessible to most (if not all) of the racers
- Will it be seen by other people? (exposure)
- Not far from refreshment....and toilets =P
- Well paved area (to get the most out of on-road RCs)
- Most importantly...FREE =D
Post  by Sponsored content

Zabeel Park Incident

Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next