DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Al Ain 19 February 2010 - Page 2 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Al Ain 19 February 2010 - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Al Ain 19 February 2010 - Page 2 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Al Ain 19 February 2010 - Page 2 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Al Ain 19 February 2010 - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Al Ain 19 February 2010 - Page 2 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Al Ain 19 February 2010 - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Al Ain 19 February 2010 - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Al Ain 19 February 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcapAl Ain 19 February 2010 - Page 2 Voting_barAl Ain 19 February 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Al Ain 19 February 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcapAl Ain 19 February 2010 - Page 2 Voting_barAl Ain 19 February 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Al Ain 19 February 2010

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

Al Ain 19 February 2010 - Page 2 Empty
PostAl Ain 19 February 2010

Guys departure time from AREA 2 tomorrow is 8am SHARP

Eric mentioned to me yesterday that the owner of the hobby centre in Al Ain is possibly gonna set up a competition with prizes that day! so should be a really good day if the comp goes ahead. If it doesnt happen we can go anyway!

Guys put your names down for the next session in Al Ain 19 February 2010.

Classes as follows - thanks Andy

Mini Mayhem - 3 Heats (5min) 5 racers per heat - A Final (5min) 5 racer
Silvercan, rubber tires, 7.4V limit, 20T pinion on stock gearing, no chassis mods
Paul
Andy
Vinesh
Eric
Strawb
Jamea
Altimeters
Samaj
Jamie
Graham

GT-Mayhem - 3 Heats (4min) 5 racers per heat - A Final (5min) 5 racers
23T Brushed 13T Brushless and higher motor, 4WD chassis, FDR no less than 5.8, rubber tires, no chassis mods
Paul
Andy
Jebjeb
J.Drift
Tractor Boy
Lancelot
Mister-e
Altimeters
Bong
Eric
Eathan
JRacing
Samaj

GT-Outlaw - PENDING
Complete madness, anything goes
Andy
Paul

Nitro-Madness - 3 Heats (5min) 5 racers per heat - A Final (5min) 5 racers
0.12 Motor Limit, 4WD chassis 1/10 scale, Foam or Rubber tires.
Jamea
Gaston
Steve
Fahad
Manaa
Mister-E
Paolo Pabilonia

Al Ain 19 February 2010 - Page 2 Firstmayhemcup00200

Last edited by paul@play on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:39 pm; edited 20 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Al Ain 19 February 2010 :: Comments

strawb
Re: Al Ain 19 February 2010
Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:46 am by strawb
........ mini for sure ...... if there is DC ..... im in for that as well
vineshvijayan
Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:03 pm by vineshvijayan
Wud like to join in the mini class
paul
Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:53 pm by paul
vineshvijayan wrote:
Wud like to join in the mini class

your name is down sir!
LaNcE
Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:09 pm by LaNcE
GT + Drift for moi..
JRacing
Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:50 pm by JRacing
Im in for GT Mayhem and if theres time to change motor ill also join GT Outlaw

BTW.. im a bit confused 23T for GT Mayhem means i can use a Tamiya Super Stock TZ??
cathurga
Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:56 pm by cathurga
JRacing....I did some homework on this matter last night, and foind some interesting information.....I believe that the TZ motor will fall into the Outlaw class....but I need to confirm my findings...Essentially, it revs waaaaay higher than a Sport Tuned or GT Tuned..we may have to make GT Mayhem 25T brushed and 13T BL.
I just want everyone to remember that we need to have a class that can become the 'root' of racing, where the playing fields are level, and the spirit of racing, and fair competition is the order of the day. We are not enough people to have many classes, I have mentioned this time and time again for the simple reason that if it is not competitive and fair, people will not join in, and the hobby will not grow.

There is NO PLACE for growth, unless it is in a governed arena...where there are no rules there will be CHAOS! As time goes by, the rules in the entry class will get stricter, and people who want to flex their wallets and e-peens, can do it in the Outlaw class....and mark my words they will soon be back to race a fair race... bounce
JRacing
Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:09 pm by JRacing
yeah thats why i ask.. we were talkin about that last night in tha chatbox with Chard and Jon.

I borrowed a TZ from Jhaps (not active anymore) and cleaned it today.. magnets are really strong and its having alot more torque than the ST motor. haven't tried racing it but surely it will be a big advantage... very happy Also there are 13T BL motor that has a more KV.. but i guess nobody will order that just to have an advantage cause its a bit costly

I guess it would be better to go for ST motor limit.. anyways most of us have it now with the help of vin.. :cheers: IMHO only..
gerg
Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:34 pm by gerg
I'm going to miss this meet as well.
One day hopefully before summer I'll actually make it down for some fun, but doing a lot of traveling over the next few weeks. Basically I'm out of the picture for the next two weekends, but might make it back in time for the 27th.
cry
cathurga
Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:14 pm by cathurga
gerg....kinda remember you, but only just....lol

JR, the RZ revs higher, and has higher torque....so I think we will need to push it up...

The 13T HobbyWing is supposed to be in the same league as the ST, but it definately does not have the torque (I have opened one up, and the rotor is pretty small, not much torque there) so you would need to gear it down....to about 7 FDR. If you leave it at 6 FDR, it WILL overheat, especially on a twisty track...I reckon you would be out in about 3-4 mins of hard running..

In my homework last night, I compared the TB Evo 4 and the TB03. They have different internal ratios, but my experiments (theoretical) had them all within 2km/h with gear ratios that are objective....ST and GT at around 6 FDR, and HW at around 7...they were all very similar. ....
paul
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm by paul
calling for more entries!

who else is in?
cathurga
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:24 pm by cathurga
Here is the result of my homework...

Al Ain 19 February 2010 - Page 2 Motor_10

As you can see, theoretically, there is very little between these motors, when geared accordingly. Sure, you could gear the HW to have an FDR of 6, but I suspect it will overheat pretty quickly, and the ESC will thermal out. Geared at 7, the HW should offer better acceleration, and the same top speed, so would be an advantage on the track that Jay and his team have devised. But the GT has enough torque to keep up. With the ST, I would be inclined to gear it around 6.3 and lose a little top speed, but gain the acceleration.

I say all of this in order that we can get a good idea of why a Governed class is so important....the win in a race of this nature then boils down to minor car setups, like tires, camber and most importantly, consitsent driving...he who stays on the track, makes the turns, maintains momentum...will win.
tractorboy
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:59 pm by tractorboy
I see you have a similar spread sheet as me cathurga!
paul
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:56 pm by paul
Andy, Eric

have you guys heard anything more from the hobby centre owner in al ain regarding the possible competition?
JRacing
Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:45 pm by JRacing
I guess theres still no confirmation for the upcoming competition... :?:
Maybe we have to wait till 17th feb to make sure...

If its not possible.. maybe we can organize by our selves, a friendly-low budget competition so we can have lots of racers..

What do you think guys?
strawb
Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:31 pm by strawb
i'll pass by al ain hobby centre later to check on the schedule ..... will update you guys accordingly
JRacing
Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:37 pm by JRacing
Thats Great Strawb..youre the man .. just keep us posted... :cheers:
paul
Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:03 pm by paul
thanks strawb, appreciate the help man!

jracing, good idea! :cheers: that way if the comp doesnt happen we have a plan B!
mister-e
Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:46 pm by mister-e
Gents,

My experience with the prices at Al Ain track:
The owner has e.g. 3 prices to be distributed. => This need to be verified. What is his plan?
The cost of those need to be covered amongst the participants = submission fee for each participant.

As I understood, we will have more than 1 class.
When we have 3 classes (and 3 prices only), that means, 1 price for each class only???
Or 3 prices for 1 class only???

Why don't add plan B (strawb) in addition to plan A.
Cover the cost of plan B with the amount of participants.
So if everything is according to the planning, we have prices from both our own and track owner (Plan A + B). Submission fee will be the total cost distributed amongst the amount of participants.
And if no prices to be distributed by the track owner, then we have our own prices (plan B only).

Just a thought. :idea:

For any mismatch in expectations, please verify and coordinate with Hobby Center Al Ain.
Also informing them that preferably the track is clean and that air compressor is available the 19-th.
strawb
Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:35 am by strawb
i spoke with saeed (Owner of Hobby Center Al Ain) and as per what i understood of what he wanted .... he wants to charge 20AED per head as Track Fee for the whole day with complete access to the paddocks and air compressor or 500AED a year unlimited access .... he also said that starting from tomorrow he'll be putting a guy to clean, maintain the track etc etc .....

and in addition to what Mister-E has mentioned .... i believe saeed plans to subdivide the cost of the prizes to the number of participants per class ..... 500AED total cost of prize to be subdivided to how many participants will be joining that particular class .... honestly ..... personally .... i dont agree to this ...... i see 5 participants in the MINI class ..... does this mean the total prize cost will be divided amongst the 5 racers? even if it was 50AED as a total .... i still dont see it as an enticing reason for me to join if that was the case ...... i believe a set entry fee and prize should be established regardless of how many people join that particular class ...... its a risk he has to take as organizer of the event .....

plan B sounds good to me since we will be paying 20AED per head as track fee ......

my 2 fils .....
Jay
Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:06 am by Jay
mister-e wrote:
For any mismatch in expectations, please verify and coordinate with Hobby Center Al Ain.
Also informing them that preferably the track is clean and that air compressor is available the 19-th.
@mister-e ive just informed by strawb on sme things we need to know regarding this weekends race, he had a talk with the track owner today and it seems that its gonna be the same way like you say it is, the cost of the prize will be divided thru the participants.

there will be three prizes ready on the 19th, we dont know exactly what they are and how much it costs, but we have to cover the whole amount.

my question is this would it be useful to us? knowing that hobby center al ain mostly covers nitro stuffs, im not sure but thats what i heard. second is for example the minis, if theres gonna be 5 participants for it and the prize costs 500aed, that means our entry fee would be 100aed each. ill just watch you guys and help marshal lol

and one more thing, there will be an entry fee of 20aed for a whole day of racing on a clean track with air compressor ready. effectivity will be on the 19th
Jay
Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:19 am by Jay
oops.. i tought you want me to post the details lol

strawb wrote:
500AED a year unlimited access .... he also said that starting from tomorrow he'll be putting a guy to clean, maintain the track etc etc .....
500aed a year would really force me to see you weekly bro lol 2 times a month costs 480aed in a year if i will be paying 20 per visit. anyway lets just see how it goes. al ain track is still hard to refuse clown
mister-e
Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:58 pm by mister-e
Guys,

That's exactly the reason why I mention those subjects.
To make sure that there are no mismatch in expectations for all parties.

Looking from the benefits point of view, there are 2 stake holders.
1) Track owner
2) Racers

1) Track owner wants to cover the cost for track and facility use and promote his shop/track.
By having a race occupying the track for the whole day, there is limited access for others (non participants), which could be covered by the mentioned 20 AED each.
Since he is not Santa Claus, he wants to have the prices paid by us (at cost price).

2) Racers wants to have a day with uninteruptable use of the track/facilities and prices to be distributed amongst the classes.
20AED per head is I think fair if we have a clean track and access to facilities.
The prices made available by the track owner, is it interesting or any use for us? What are those? It makes a difference when these prices are sponsored by the track owner to promote his track.

Before knowing what is at stake, I think its good to inform and agree with the track owner:
- We will use the track at the 19-th
- # of participants
- Which classes are planned, the race agenda.
- Whether he has local racers who wants to participate. This could be used to promote his shop which could turn into his sponsored prices. Or to divide the prices costs. Who to contact if this is the case.
- Whether we are willing to cover the prices made available by the track owner. Or only plan B only. Cost for the Price of plan B should be covered as well, right?

500 AED a year, I told the owner that for that amount, I expected a new coating for the top layer as well wink
Jay
Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:35 pm by Jay
i think Andy could help clear things out here.. maybe he has spoken to the track owner already. or Mister-e do you have contact with alain hobby center? maybe you can talk to him directly regarding this weekends race.

i agree that a track day fee for 20aed is fair enough with all the track facilities made available for racers and i hope it could also help maintain the track.

with regards to the prizes.. the guys are planning on a much cheaper option on making this a fun event by providing our own prizes, item costs to be divided amongst us aswell.

share your ideas guys...
cathurga
Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:44 pm by cathurga
All sounds good...if I read correctly.....

Tell me if this is correct.

AED500 per year - Informal membership, and use of the track for open running.

Price value of AED500 distributed between each class, such as

MINI - 1st Prize AED 250, 2nd AED 150, 3rd AED 100
EP Touring - 1st Prize AED 250, 2nd AED 150, 3rd AED 100
Nitro - 1st Prize AED 250, 2nd AED 150, 3rd AED 100

Assuming you have 10 people in each class that is AED 50 per entrant, per class

Assuming you have 30 'ENTRANTS' it can be done.

HOWEVER....(always a but cool )....I think the sponsorship from the host should be considered. I believe that AED40 per class entrant is sufficient, with the host covering the rest...

AED1200 in entrace fees, AED 300 of sponsorship and you are looking at a solid model to work on.

It should be noted that the AED500 per year should include maintenance, compressor facilities and a GUARANTEE of a minimum of 6 events per year. (I say six because the summer months will be impossible to hold events, unless at night)

Most IMPORTANTLY is COMMUNICATION - I am always keen to do these things if they are properly organised. The same with hobby center here, and ALL the other sotres of this nature, they do NOT believe in websites, email and promotion.
I am NOT going to hand over money to someone and then not hear when the events are, any special offers or simply saying heloooo.....

In my opinion, this website is the most active of ALL the RC people in the UAE, and I would recommend that all RC Car enthusiasts join it. With the permission of the site owners, and a small contribution by the sponsors, I am sure we could host a HOBBY CENTER Thread or Sub-Forum for keeping EVERYONE on touch....
mister-e
Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:47 pm by mister-e
I don't have contact with Al Ain Hobby Center.
Just been at the track several times and spoken with the owner when he is visitting the track while we are running our cars.

I'm OK with the mentioned fee.
Also happy with or without prices, as long as we can have a race wink

Suggestion:

A race where the result is the achievement made for e.g. 4 meetings (once in 2 weeks).
=> Our own club race with several classes.
The price amount can be less (installments).

Campagne this idea where Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Al Ain drivers are able to participate.
Involve the track owner so he is able to promote his hobby shop/track AND for us, sponsored prices wink
Post  by Sponsored content

Al Ain 19 February 2010

Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next