DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Problem with spur gear. Help! Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Problem with spur gear. Help! Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Problem with spur gear. Help! Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Problem with spur gear. Help! Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Problem with spur gear. Help! Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Problem with spur gear. Help! Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Problem with spur gear. Help! Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Problem with spur gear. Help! Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Problem with spur gear. Help! Vote_lcapProblem with spur gear. Help! Voting_barProblem with spur gear. Help! Vote_rcap 
Jay
Problem with spur gear. Help! Vote_lcapProblem with spur gear. Help! Voting_barProblem with spur gear. Help! Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Problem with spur gear. Help!

Go down 
+6
bong
cathurga
sideslider
vineshvijayan
LaNcE
Abdul Basit
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

Problem with spur gear. Help! Empty
PostSubject: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 10:20 pm

For some reason, when very little throttle is applied, everything goes well. But when throttle is applied unevenly, the spur moves out of place. And when you're moving backwards, everything seems alright, but when you start moving fowards, the spur moves out of place again.

When I say that the spur moves out of place, it just lifts up, too far up for the pinion.

Video is being uploaded as I speak.

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:17 pm

I'm guessing this is for the TT-01..

Try cleaning the parts where the gear cover meets the tub chassis.
Remove the debris accumulated maybe it's what keeping the gear cover from getting tight with the chassis..
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 11:25 pm

BUMP.

The problem is there again. Last time I pushed the motor mount in hard and it went away, now even if I do that it's still there.

IT'S SO ANNOYING.
Back to top Go down
vineshvijayan
Chase Driver
vineshvijayan

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:54 am

why dont u open up the rear diff case and inspect ??
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 11:56 pm

Rebuilt the gearboxes (differentials), assembled everything..Tried to run it, and I can gear the motor spin, but the wheels don't move. It sounds like the pinion is not close to the spur.

I put the motor mount on correctly, it's not because of that..It's something else..

What else could be the problem?

Heeeeeelpppp meeeh.
Back to top Go down
sideslider
Chase Driver
sideslider

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:23 am

if you can hear the pinion rotating but no crunching or clanking then you definetly mountd the motor wrong - usually thats what happens in my case

other then that it could be yur spur is completley damaged or maybe the alignment between spur and pinion is off - meaning that your mounting positions are ok but the alignmnt is not
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:29 am

You need to go back to the manual and SLOWLY read through it, chcking each step CAREFULLY. No ones calling you stoopid, but in haste, stoopid happens.

If the motor turns but not the wheels, you can check the following....
Prop shaft turning? If yes...
Is there a spur gear installed, and is it connected to the prop shaft? If yes
Is the spur/pinion contact correct? If yes...
Is the pinion grubscrew tightened to the motor shaft CORRECTLY? If yes..

Your car should run...

If no, you need to go back to the manual, as stated above...
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:32 am

Thanks guys..

Andy it's number 2.

Prop shaft turning..No.
That shortens the problem down to the spur, pinion and motor.

Hmm...
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 1:21 am

Your problem......will more than likely be on page ONE of the manual.....probably in the first 3 steps....I see in step 1, Part MA9 is a likely candidate.....alternatively, your spur and pinion are not meshin in which case you need to check the pictur on the far right of step 4.

You using the stock spur?
Back to top Go down
bong
Chase Driver
bong

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:00 am

open the gear cover, hold the prop shaft and turn the spur, if the prop shaft does not turn along with the spur, you should check if the pin is locking the spur properly, or if there is a pin at all, just like what andy said... part ma9
Back to top Go down
http://www.kodakcinelabs.ae
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 9:16 am

Thanks Bong and Andy...
Nope, it's not the pin, I tried spinning the spur. It's turning the prop. is on alright.

The motor is on the right mount,, but it's not touching the spur...It looks perfect without the cover, then you put the cover on, start feathering the throttle, and you can hear the motor spin but not the spur.
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:31 am

Seems like the normal wear and tear of the spur gear.

Abdul, try flipping the spur. Hmm, how do I explain this.
Look at one side of the spur. If it's spinning clockwise, re-attach the spur so that the side you were looking at is now spinning counter-clockwise.

If it doesn't work, me thinks you need to get a new set of gears...
Back to top Go down
JRacing
Chase Driver
JRacing

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:03 am

its really a confusing now.. Andy and bong's advice is perfect. and with josh.. i dont get it.. blum3

Any ways, how it happened that the spur is not touching the pinion? :?:

are you having the Stock Gears or you Upgraded some parts?

if you did not, double check the following:

1. PIN - it should be inside or burried in the spur
2. SPUR - see if there is damage on the spur maybe there are parts of the spur which is broken that hinder it from spining
3. PINION - check if its not yet worn
4. MOTOR MOUNT - see if you properly fitting it in the chassi or if your motor is in correct position
5. SPUR GEAR STOPPER - im not sure but there are marking for the correct direction of those. this will stop the pin from falling and dislocation.
6. BEARINGS - in that certain location, 2 bearings is there. one for the propeler shaft and the other is for the output gear where the Diffs are meshed.

If everything seems ok.. and still not working..
I guess you have to bring your kit during the meet ups with open gearbox and let the guys help you out.. it will be alot easier.. blum3
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:13 am

@Josh, I'll try flipping the spur tomorrow. I know exactly what you mean, I've read it on DRC before...Thanks for the reminder. If I only I had remembered it when the gearboxes lied open...

@JRacing, I opened up the gearboxes today, rebuilt the differentials, bevel gears, put the shaft in again, blah blah blah, made sure everything is in alright.

What's happened now is that I can hear the pinion scrape against the spur, and it sounds nasty...The prop. Shaft won't turn because the spur isn't. Therefore nothing happens in the differentials, and so the wheels stay still.

PFFFFT. THIS IS REALLY GETTING ME ANGRY NOW.
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 3:06 am

Aaaah, frustraton. Spur gears dont strip easily, Tamiya pinions do, because they are made of butter...as soon as they wear unevenly, they destroy the spur.....hence the noise....
Get some 0.6 mod hard steel pinions, a new spur (stock) and mesh them properly...will last ages.

Additionally, when everyone starts flexing their Mamba Max, Castle creations super dooper all singing muscles......spur gears and pinions, die!

Too much power is not good.....
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:31 am

Too much power is not good...But I'm using the silver can >.>

If I get a 0.6 steel pinion, will I have to get a spur of a different thing? (64p, 48p, I know nothing about this stuff..Never tried it before).

I've already ordered a 55t, 58t, and a 61t spur set for the tt01e, I think it uses the Tamiya pitch. Will those be a problem?

And where can I find those pinions? Have you got any?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:49 am

adbull,

0.6 (module) pitch is the same as tamiya pitch so you can just stick tamiya spurs!

to be honest i had no luck finding those pinions here, you will most likely need to order them online....
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
gerg
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
gerg

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 5:43 pm

I think hobby zone have tamiya pitch pinions.
Not sure but give them a call.
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 6:00 pm

@Paul..Thanks, have you got any spare ones?
@Gerg,Can't go to hobby shops for a while, dad's out of country again.

Has anyone got a 0.6 pinion I can buy/take?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 6:05 pm

Abdul Basit wrote:
@Paul..Thanks, have you got any spare ones?
@Gerg,Can't go to hobby shops for a while, dad's out of country again.

Has anyone got a 0.6 pinion I can buy/take?

Thanks.

Adbull,

sorry i dont have any spare.. :huh:
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
gerg
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
gerg

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 6:27 pm

Don't use them sorry.
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Oww...Thanks anyway.

Anyone else have 'em?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem with spur gear. Help!   Problem with spur gear. Help! Empty

Back to top Go down

Problem with spur gear. Help!
Page 1 of 1