DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Problem with my M05 Stearing Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Problem with my M05 Stearing Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Problem with my M05 Stearing Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Problem with my M05 Stearing Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Problem with my M05 Stearing Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Problem with my M05 Stearing Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Problem with my M05 Stearing Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Problem with my M05 Stearing Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Problem with my M05 Stearing Vote_lcapProblem with my M05 Stearing Voting_barProblem with my M05 Stearing Vote_rcap 
Jay
Problem with my M05 Stearing Vote_lcapProblem with my M05 Stearing Voting_barProblem with my M05 Stearing Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Problem with my M05 Stearing

Go down 
+3
Bandit
jebjeb
driftfreak
7 posters
AuthorMessage
driftfreak
Test Driver
driftfreak

Problem with my M05 Stearing Empty
PostSubject: Problem with my M05 Stearing   Problem with my M05 Stearing EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:29 am

Hey guys,

I just bought me a M05 very happy and i am having problems with the stearing sad ....I was so disappointed bec when I got out in the evening for my 1st run,the car was turning like a truck,Does the car normally turn like dat????? bec with my TL01 with the rubber tires on,the car turn like a F1 car(sharp)..

I really dont know if its the Servo or the Rod that connects the servo to the Hub??? My Endpoints were also to the Max.

Can you please let me know what to do,I really what to get the feel of the car,loosing my patience bec i really was looking forward to my new M05 pro cry

Hope you guys can help me out...

Thanks in advance,can wait to drive with you guys,

Lucas cheers
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Problem with my M05 Stearing   Problem with my M05 Stearing EmptyWed May 12, 2010 12:27 pm

im not a mini expert here but i think its just normal for a mini to turn like a truck since its front drive. but you can turn it F1 sharp by easing off the throttle during turns and throttle back wehn exiting the turn. another thing is maybe your servo is sooooooo sloooooowww that it cant keep with your fast turning ability? hehehehe.

bring it on saturday so we can check...
Back to top Go down
driftfreak
Test Driver
driftfreak

PostSubject: Re: Problem with my M05 Stearing   Problem with my M05 Stearing EmptyWed May 12, 2010 4:44 pm

jebjeb wrote:
im not a mini expert here but i think its just normal for a mini to turn like a truck since its front drive. but you can turn it F1 sharp by easing off the throttle during turns and throttle back wehn exiting the turn. another thing is maybe your servo is sooooooo sloooooowww that it cant keep with your fast turning ability? hehehehe.

bring it on saturday so we can check...

Thanks sir Jebjeb,

Well I dont think the servo is slow,sheesh,I saw a few reviews of the M05 on Youtube and over there all the guys were talking abt the M05 being small,powerful and it takes the turn sharply....I never thought bec its a front wheel drive it would turn like a truck,DAM IT !!!!!!!! hang2

Will bring it to area2 this saturday.

Guys any other opinion Please let me know....

Lucas
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: Problem with my M05 Stearing   Problem with my M05 Stearing EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:00 pm

Don't expect that Pro Series of mini will perform as Pro also, there are some modifications, tunings and upgrades to be done in order to satisfy yourself on the performance, i should say first modification/upgrades you will do is to change the crappy dampers and rubber tires...and most of all, practice, practice, practice...

JM2C... very happy
Back to top Go down
driftfreak
Test Driver
driftfreak

PostSubject: Re: Problem with my M05 Stearing   Problem with my M05 Stearing EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Bandit wrote:
Don't expect that Pro Series of mini will perform as Pro also, there are some modifications, tunings and upgrades to be done in order to satisfy yourself on the performance, i should say first modification/upgrades you will do is to change the crappy dampers and rubber tires...and most of all, practice, practice, practice...

JM2C... very happy

Hey bandit,

The dampers are already changed and got lots of tires also....eheheh... very happy ...Man i have problem with the Steering Adjustment Pg14 in the manual...
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: Problem with my M05 Stearing   Problem with my M05 Stearing EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:28 pm

if you follow the manual, the results will be fine unless you did something unusual on the set ups set-ups lol! try adjusting again and again, try loosing some screws on the C-hubs maybe their to tight...
Back to top Go down
driftfreak
Test Driver
driftfreak

PostSubject: Re: Problem with my M05 Stearing   Problem with my M05 Stearing EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Guys Update,

I have just been playing around with the servo and the Rod and now i Dont know why,but the car is turning properly to the Right,but hardly turns to the Left....What to do ???????? !!!!!! wacko boredom

Been refering Pg 14 in the M05's manual smile

Luc
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Problem with my M05 Stearing   Problem with my M05 Stearing EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:32 pm

what type of tires you have?

everything should be easy as long as you follow the manual. read and understand. andjust your driving and practice more (thats what im doing smile )

servo saver.. check if its tight. dont panick if you encounter such problems.

WHAT YOU GOT THERE IS LEMON CAR (no good kit)

better yet sell it to me for dhs500. your problem will be solved smile im not joking... since your mini gives you headache. lemme take that headache from you and sell it to me like your post from last night... JJ dubshop is more than happy to chop it of to pieces smile

Last edited by jebjeb on Wed May 12, 2010 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: Problem with my M05 Stearing   Problem with my M05 Stearing EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:33 pm

hahahahah i like your style Jebjeb! you're a JEJEmon!

Hey Lucas what servo are you using?
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Problem with my M05 Stearing   Problem with my M05 Stearing EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Remove the servo, neutral it, attach the servo and the rest of the assembly again.

It should do the trick I think...
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Problem with my M05 Stearing   Problem with my M05 Stearing EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:51 pm

Abdul Basit wrote:
Remove the servo, neutral it, attach the servo and the rest of the assembly again.

It should do the trick I think...

its all good abdul, luc will sell his lemon car to me for dhs500 plus all the freebies mad
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Problem with my M05 Stearing   Problem with my M05 Stearing EmptyWed May 12, 2010 7:41 pm

Mini's have some quirks, but your problem seems to be with the servo, and the linkages. Make sure your servo is centered while the steering crank is off. When centering, make sure your trim is at neautral too. Connect the steering crank and then chack again. The wheels should turn in equal distances left and right.
Once that is right, then make sure the steering arms are the correct length. The car should have a slight 'toe-out', and mini's are more stable when set up like this.

Some considerations with mini's and FWD cars in general....under power, they will UNDERSTEER like crazy (Less steering), when you let off they will OVERSTEER, especially with the awful kit tires.

At very low speeds, where traction is not in play, ALL minis should turn very sharply.

My mini is like everyone else's except I have turned the steering DOWN so it isnt so sharp....
Back to top Go down
driftfreak
Test Driver
driftfreak

PostSubject: Re: Problem with my M05 Stearing   Problem with my M05 Stearing EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:04 pm

@jebjeb,hmm.....i dont think ill sell it soon... very happy

@bandit,i am using Toward pro MG996R SERVO....its a Strong servo i guess...i had a greate deal and got it with the M05

@Abdul & Cathurga,Thanks for the information,will do as you mentioned..the thing is i guess the servo is too big to fit the Stock Part (BC16,Q4,Q1,Q3) the rod is attached to a servo horn i guess(shaped like a CROSS with holes in it)...i cant install the stock part bec it does not fit on the servo..I guess thats the problem sad
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Problem with my M05 Stearing   Problem with my M05 Stearing EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:33 pm

driftfreek

check page 12 of your manual, you should be using the supplied servo saver which comes with the M05 kit and not the one that comes with the servo.... very happy

check parts P5 or P6 of the servo saver one of them will fit the tower pro servo and that should sort your problems

that should work as i'm using the same servo in my m05 smile
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Problem with my M05 Stearing   Problem with my M05 Stearing EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:24 pm

The tower pro servo should fit, as Paul says. I used one in my mini as well (or it may have been the towerpro 9955, not sure) and it worked.

If you are using the Tamiya ESC, be careful, I have fried to Tower servos on Lipo batts.
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Problem with my M05 Stearing   Problem with my M05 Stearing EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:56 pm

Not sure what you do or dont know about radios, but check your steering trim, end point adjustments and dual rate.

cut a long story short turn your steering end points up to the maximum, dual rate to maximum also, then set your steering trim so that the car goes straight.

now hopefully your wheels should turn the same amount left and right.

Sorry if you know and have tried this already otherwise have a go,

Duane.
Back to top Go down
driftfreak
Test Driver
driftfreak

PostSubject: Thanks   Problem with my M05 Stearing EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:07 am

cathurga wrote:
The tower pro servo should fit, as Paul says. I used one in my mini as well (or it may have been the towerpro 9955, not sure) and it worked.

If you are using the Tamiya ESC, be careful, I have fried to Tower servos on Lipo batts.

@Paul,Thanks a million,I didnt notice the other part.It all perfect now... clapping

@Cathurga,Thanks for the Heads up,As of nw im using NIMH and not yet reached lipo's

@All, Thanks alot guys.....Everythings s perfect nw....i had to change a part and adjust the push rod by quite a bit and everythings s smooth......Thanks again guys,would have not got this job done with out u'll.

dance

Best regards,
Lucas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem with my M05 Stearing   Problem with my M05 Stearing Empty

Back to top Go down

Problem with my M05 Stearing
Page 1 of 1