DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Vote_lcapLosi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Voting_barLosi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Vote_lcapLosi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Voting_barLosi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Losi Comp Crawler build

Go down 
+13
Abdul Basit
cathurga
sideslider
Jay
maldito
J.Drift
LaNcE
JRacing
tonskie
.j0sh
Bandit
chardiboi
paul
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 9:03 pm

it all depends on what you want to do. . . . . if you're planning to go serious in crawling . . .
LCC it is. . . . but if you just want to do bashing for fun. . . and might want to go serious later on. . . . LNC is a good choice. . .

BTW LNC parts are completely compatible with the LCC. . . . even the transmission. . .

i've seen a lot of guys in rccrawler.com, put an LCC transmission in an LNC. . .
and a lot of LCC guys are going MOA(motor on axle) set-ups on their LCC. . .
so you're gonna see a lot of them selling their LCC tranny on ebay or rccrawler.com
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 9:29 pm

agree with richard here, it does all depend on what you want to do, i wanted a rig that would work for me even if i wanted to get serious....

by the time you add a decent brushless setup and good servo and wheels and tyres you are adding around 300$ to the price....which then makes it more logical to get the LCC...especially is you have RX/TX kit already

Now thinking about it you wanted to do a MOA conversion straight away, LNC could be a better solution, just add a NOVAK M2 DIG 3S ESC / DUAL TERRA CLAW BRUSH MOTOR COMBO and the MOA conversion kit and you are away for a away with a super serious crawler
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 5:57 pm

So I have decide to scrap the DC Shoes theme for the LCC and instead go with a Dakar inspired theme.

This is just a photoshopped version but hopefully I can make it real soon with the help of Stickeez!

Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Lcc_da11
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:33 pm

that looks so nice .......
Back to top Go down
http://forcea.multiply.com/
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:38 pm

Thanks Strawb, still got to get the stickers printed and applied but i think it will look pretty cool when its done
Back to top Go down
JRacing
Chase Driver
JRacing

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:44 pm

nice.. yeah i guess thats better than the DC.. lets see the out come.. post them up!
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 8:05 pm

paul@play wrote:
Thanks Strawb, still got to get the stickers printed and applied but i think it will look pretty cool when its done

i want one ......... ive been window shopping on-line and its driving me nuts .....
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 8:36 pm

yip online shopping is EVIL man....just push the add to cart button and you half way there! hehehe
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 8:42 pm

im half way there ..... :arrow: :affraid:
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:22 pm

strawb wrote:

Is it done strawb? twisted evil
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:31 pm

paul@play wrote:
strawb wrote:

Is it done strawb? twisted evil

ive narrowed it down to the LNC or the LCC ..... im more so bias to getting the LCC but im still not definite which electronics set-up to get .....

your crawler and chardiboi's crawler both gave me a hard time sleeping .....
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 12:07 am

ok. . . here's my final few fils. . . . and it's up to you. . . let me be blunt with no bias or whatsoever. . .

if you're not that sure yet you want to pursue the crawling hobby, let's say you just want to
try it out and don't know if you'll like it or not, just for curiosity sake. . . . better get the LNC. .
you'll save out on the money. . . and it's decent and capable crawler out of the box with very few tweaks, like wheel weights and servo. . . it can go where the LCC can. . . except for the dig.

If you're pretty SURE you like the hobby and would want to build the most competent crawler ever. . . with the top of the line electronics out in the market today, . .. . get the LCC. . you'll spend more, but at the end of the day. . . it will be worth it. . . .

so up to you where you stand. . . .

enhale and exhale. . . . then click checkout. . .
smile smile smile
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 1:11 am

strawb,

theres some sound advice from richard! couldnt have put it better myself!

do yourself a favour and check on ebay for LNC i have seen a couple for sale recently as unwanted xmas gifts for very low prices 250 $ before you, i saw one which for sale in US only and one for sale worldwide....never know you may get lucky very happy

if not the checkout button on amain will work just fine! :cheers:
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 2:48 am

thanks for the advice guys ..... i believe chardiboi explained the same thoughts when we had time to chat here in alain ..... i totally agree with him ..... but ...... but ......we're all addicted here .... i know deep down inside ..... even if i keep that crawler on my shelf ..... some tiny voice in my head will whisper UPGRADE UPGRADE .....

i'll try to breath ...... relax ..... i'll be clicking that checkout button very soon and i'll update you guys ..... $$$$$ .... :affraid: :affraid:
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:26 am

a fantastic deal just came my way ...... which means i have to put the crawler plans on hold for the meantime .......

hello mini's ....... very soon
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:55 am

strawb you do realise that this is temporary and that in a few weeks time you will have a crawler in the shopping cart and your cursor hovering over that checkout button again.....hehehehe laughing

another mini to add to the mayhem!
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:56 am

you had a deal with bandit's mini? whoo's gonna bring it here?
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:39 am

@paul ..... i know i know .... its still in the cart actually .... im planning on checking out the LCC first and the electronics to follow .... this is becoming really bad now .....

@chardiboi ...... he'll be coming back by march .... but he'll be sending t via courier to his wifey who's here in alain .... hopefully ..... soon soon .... before the next alain track day ..... i wanna join the bashing fun
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:21 pm

sorry for OT. . . .

what good gear grease is available out here. . . . i planning to rebuild by axles. . . .
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:23 pm

I am not sure what a worm gear would need, but assuming that there is a LOT of friction and a LOT of wearing surfaces, I would definately consider Tamiya AW grease.
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:26 pm

is there any all purpose grease available? one thats for high friction?

can i use the one for cars?
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:09 pm

Yeah, you could use a car/marine based grease...I am not sure which would be best for this application but I would be tempted to go for car wheel bearing grease...it is VERY thick and 'stringy' so it wont get flung off the gears....make sure your gearboxes/axles are sealed well when re-installing.....any sand in there will turn to grinding paste :-)

I think the worm gear axles need regular maintenance so you should be ok with that...
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:11 pm

richard,

you may find automotive grease is too thick and not sticky enough and will work its way out of the axles quickly...Tamiya AW grease is probably a good solution....ball diff grease may work well as it is quite sticky and shouldnt work its way out of the axles...
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:27 pm

thanks guys. . . . gonna rebuikd it, then drill a tiny hole on axle and a screw cover maybe, so later on if want to add grease i won't have to open it often. . . just inject some grease into the hole

cheers
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:16 am

So decided it was time to do some tweaking on the ye old LCC, so i can join strawb a wee crawl session clapping

finally installed the DMG ALT tuber, and busy re-postioned electronics to get a lower COG.

here some progress pics

Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Img_0010

Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Img_0011

Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Img_0012
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Losi Comp Crawler build
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next