DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Vote_lcapLosi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Voting_barLosi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Vote_lcapLosi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Voting_barLosi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Losi Comp Crawler build

Go down 
+13
Abdul Basit
cathurga
sideslider
Jay
maldito
J.Drift
LaNcE
JRacing
tonskie
.j0sh
Bandit
chardiboi
paul
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:26 am

great job paul. . .. . . 2thumbsup

weather is getting pretty nice now. . . .

time for some crawling 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
jason_mc
Chase Driver
jason_mc

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:49 am

papa chard any news on my up coming crawler...... very happy lets rock and crawl....
Back to top Go down
http://saga-dubai.webs.com/
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 5:40 pm

nice! cool

so lets get em carbon fiber panels all scratched up on the rocks then mate??!!!!

is there a possibility you can have the rx inside the chassis? probably on top of your dig servo? ..... much safer there ...

Back to top Go down
http://forcea.multiply.com/
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 5:53 pm

hey strawb

plan is to try and get the rx inside , there is space in there now as i have gotten rid of a lot of excess wiring.

dont want to do it on the dig servo cause i'm trying to keep the COG low, so will probably mount over the motor or directly behind the battery...i have some ideas just need to test the wire routing....

was aslo considering moving the dig servo to were the original radio tray with new mounting plate (rcbros has nice one) and then putting the esc and rx in the chassis too...

the CF is only a sticker....so we can scratch it up proper! hahaha

time to get this finished so we can craaaaaaaaaaaaawl!
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 5:58 pm

great ideas .... just get er finished so we can get this badboy all scratched up!!!
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 6:01 pm

hey paul, i got the rcbros low COG dig mount. . . and the OTA steering, my problem is the same as yours, where to place the RX very happy coz i only have room for the ESC behind the dig servo almost near the rear axle. . . . and the MMP esc is quite huge!

wanna see how you solve this. . . . and i'll follow you very happy
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 6:10 pm

will have to see when i get the mount...i will keep you posted

to save space i have been testing my goat esc with the fan off to see what temps its reaching and so far it hasnt even burst a sweat...so reckon i can save some space by taking it off.....dont think you can remove the fan from a MMP...thats where those tekken esc come in hand...nice and tiny

Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 6:25 pm

@paul ..... ive had my goat without a fan for quite some time now .... ive binded, blurped, throttled it like crazy and the temps are just at a normal warm stage ...

Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:17 am

@ richard

have done a quick test fit to see how things will work with the low COG dig mount (still waiting for it to arrive)

Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Img_0024
Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Img_0026

ESC now sits where the dig servo was...plus theres still plenty room for a fan if needed, rx is above the motor mount, ESC cap fits nicely in front of the ESC......will shorten some wires to tidy up the install....all seems to fit well!

Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Img_0025

i will remove the battery tray and make a lexan plate on the links to support the battery which should help nicely get the weight on the front axle

twisted evil
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:52 am

Nice....are those the HX connectors from hobby king?
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 am

Yip, good spotting Andy

Decided to give them a bash, I actually really like them, they super easy to solder, solid quality and way cheaper than deans!

The also really easy handle, any keen to see how the do! So far so good!
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:08 am

Yeah, I use them on the planes and heli's .....they work really well. I have found that the heatshrink doesnt stick nicely to the brass....
Thay are easy to solder, but be careful you dont overheat the brass.....or it melts the plastic...ask me how I know...
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:33 pm

andy the best way to avoid that it to plug in a spare connector to the one you are soldering, then even if you start to melt the plastic the pins will stay in place, then only remove the spare connector once everything has cooled wink also put some tape over the spare connectors exposed brass tabs when soldering battery leads so you dont short the pack by accident....wacko

since i started doing this i havent duffed a single plug very happy

no issues with the heat shrink here cool
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:41 pm

nice one paul. . . . 2thumbsup i'm almost finished with mine. . . will post pictures when i'm done. . . .
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 6:19 pm

the LCC boys can go MOA on a Beetlejuice as well

check this out

LCC MOA Beetlejuice
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 8:00 pm

thats pretty hardcore!

but if i was gonna do that i reckon i'd just get some berg axles and start from scratch twisted evil
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 8:47 pm

yup, i think i'm going to keep this rig a shafty. . . .

and if i want an MOA. . . . . i'll get a bully or a berg or an xr10?
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:04 am

when will we get to see this thing hit the rocks here in alain?

i reckon we have 2 weekends left before the heat really comes in!!!!

Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:58 am

strawb wrote:
when will we get to see this thing hit the rocks here in alain?

i reckon we have 2 weekends left before the heat really comes in!!!!

I know man, it's long overdue.....and summer is on it's way already.....need to find some time to come join you guys!

Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 1:28 am

well this friday should be good??!!!

you aint crawled yet if ya havent broken a ything on the rocks yet!!! very happy

lemme know if your up to it paul ... im sure richard would be more than willing to join us
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Losi Comp Crawler build   Losi Comp Crawler build - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Losi Comp Crawler build
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5