DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Vote_lcapStrawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Voting_barStrawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Vote_rcap 
Jay
Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Vote_lcapStrawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Voting_barStrawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread

Go down 
+3
chardiboi
paul
strawb
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Empty
PostSubject: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:53 pm

this is my project for the coming new year ..... i'll be documenting the build for all and anyone who might be interested to try out 2.2 competition crawling ....

i'll be updating the specs as i go along and i want to fabricate and muster most of the links and small ittybits as much as i can .....

as of now what i have so far is:

Berg V1 Front axles with 86 jeep style steering with vanquish high steer knuckles .... clocked 20*
Berg V1 Rear Axles with custom aluminum lock-outs super 300's 3rd gear
JR DS8711 servo with robitronics servo horn
Losi Comp Crawler Shocks
Beetlejuice V4 chassis
Vanquish Pro DH's
Vanquish SLW V3's
Nova's Double Deuce Foams
HB Sedonas

the bergs set-up for 12.5" in the setting jig

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Pictur36

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Pictur41

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Pictur37

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Pictur38

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Pictur40

clapping clapping clapping

Last edited by strawb on Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://forcea.multiply.com/
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 3:54 pm

Nice strawb!

Enjoy the build!
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:15 pm

thanks paul.

i think its quite obvious now how i love building these rigs .... there aint that much of a following here in the UAE but its really big in other countries ....

im just doing what i like and hopefully along the way i get to influence a few people to come up and crawl with us ....

your LCC still needs to see the daylight of the Al Ain mountains though .....

Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 5:06 pm

chassis is here ...

Y-town Beetlejuice V4 ....

a little more black & white flava cool

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img00910

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img00911

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img00912

shocks and rear links mounted to the BERG axles on my setting JIG ..... still fabricating my front lowers and upper links ....

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img00913

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img00915

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img00916

toetap5 cool clapping
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 5:26 pm

wow! shocked . . . . nice educational build. . . 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:11 pm

thanks chard ....

i first establish the 12.5" wheelbase as per comp crawler rules standards on my setting jig .....

i then install the shocks to see whethere i need to limit them internally or externally .... by doing this ... i can estimate and come up with how much articulation i want and adjust accordingly with the clearances the transmission and the bottom skid provide me .... (you have to lift and twist to see if there is no binding between shocks links and chassis)

"too much articulation isnt always good" ...... one can of coke is more than enough to achieve desired functionality ....

with the shocks in place .... then i decide how much front bias i want .... thus the reason why i have my rear lowerss installed and the front lowers are still under fabrication ....

hope this helps ....

thumbs_up
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:21 pm

as you can notice in this photo

i had to reinvert my shocks to normal as the shock cap was binding with the transmission box .... added spacers to the front top shock caps as well to achieve the desired angle and flexibility ...

the V4 as to compared to my V3 has the shock mounts waaaaaay inside the chassis ..... pros is that it will clear locks better .... cons is that you have to put spacers in both the shock caps and rod ends to get the clearances you need

here are some shock mounting pics from my V3 XR-10 ... as you can see ... the mounting is around 40-50mm wider than the new V4 chassis

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Pictur18

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Pictur14

Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:41 pm

wow! nice SCALER drool you have there straw...oooppsss....are you goin to join the Worlds? driving
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:14 am

thanks bandik .....

no i have no plans of joining anything ..... just enjoying myself with building these rigs ....

skills cant be bought from ebay!!!! very happy
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:26 am

i just bought my skills from RCMart but unfortunately its discontinued now...i need to buy some hop-ups in order to gain more skills... laughing
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 2:21 am

Bandit wrote:
i just bought my skills from RCMart but unfortunately its discontinued now...i need to buy some hop-ups in order to gain more skills... laughing

wacko wacko wacko

off_topic twisted evil forum rules
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:27 am

Any updates strawb?
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 am

saw it personally. sick looking rig 2thumbsup
, and it's already a roller, with electronics on its way i think. . . . .

hey paul. . . . what's up?. . . may be one of these fridays you can come join us for some crawling in al-ain. . . . i usually go around 6 or 7am, so i reach there about 8:30 then start my trip back to dubai around 2, so i reach around 3:30. . . . the rocks there are unforgiving. . . . costed me 2 spurs already, but its definitely worth the trip. . .. 2thumbsup

sorry for OT. . .. .

cheers
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 5:35 pm

hey paul ..... thanks for the interest 2thumbsup

i'll be updating real soon ..... just cut up some of my losi crawler shocks to fit in some CO cap mods! ...

i'll post up updated pics as soon as i get more progress

come down to al ain ..... i got me some really challenging gates for your LCC very happy
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 6:05 pm

cool will make a plan to come out towards the end of feb, but will be in touch before to make plans!

keen to see the berg progress!
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 3:12 pm

just a few updates .....

first off .... i had binding issues with the stock Losi Crawler Shocks if they were inverted .... ended up installing them upright but honestly ... i wasnt happy with that set up .....

i wanted the shocks inverted ... why? ..... lower COG .... better response for compression when articulating .....

ended up doing a shock cap mod which gives me the option of using the revo shock ends ....

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img00915

do take note that if you do this shock cap mod is that your losi shocks will extend to about 5" .... too long for my taste ... solution is to limit the shocks internally using a 25mm to 30mm spacer .... it does limit articulation play but it just works fine for me

FRONT

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img00917
Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img00918

REAR

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img00919
Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img00920

the clearances with the tranny is a lot better plus the play with revo shock ends with the cap mods are smooth as butter! thumbs_up
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 3:20 pm

got me a few motors as well ..... they're not matched motors but both are high end brushed 35T hand wounds ....

i'll be running a REEDY 4 magnet up front and a HH 35T 3 magnet in the rear ....

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img00921

my front axle motor will be a REEDY Flash Modified Quad Magnet 35T Brushed Motor

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img00922
Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img00923

2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Nice crawler there stawb wink
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 5:36 pm

thanks jon cool

motors mounted!

REEDY 35T up front

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img00924

HH 35T in the rear ..... i also outboarded the shocks and the rear lowers ..... there were clearance issues with the shocks and the tranny .... now its all clear ....

i'm sure this will sidehill a lot better with the wider stance in the rear

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img00925
Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img00926
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:35 am

Looking good strawb!

What's the reason for the different motors?
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 3:19 am

no particular reason paul ..... just got a good deal with some motors in RCC .... cool

lets schedule a crawl session this friday .... i believe chard and the others might come up to do some crawlin
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 2:01 am

Berg in roller form .... removed the external limiters cos i needed more travel in the shocks ...

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img00929
Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img01010
Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img01011

front axle with 86jeep style steering

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img01012

the mandatory flex shot

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img01013

electronics on the way and we'll be ready to hit the rocks
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:50 pm

just some weight comparisons

xr-10 (w/ electronics but without batts)

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img01018

berg (w/out electronics and batts)

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img01019
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Strawbs Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawlers very happy

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img01013

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img01014

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img01015

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Img01016

toetap5 cool clapping
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:51 pm

those rigs look sweet strawb!

which one do you prefer xr10 or berg?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread   Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Strawb's Beetlejuice 2.2 Comp Crawler Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next