DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Vote_lcapDUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Voting_barDUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Vote_rcap 
Jay
DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Vote_lcapDUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Voting_barDUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?

Go down 
+11
Samaj
sideslider
JRacing
Bandit
LaNcE
maldito
Abdul Basit
cathurga
Jay
chardiboi
paul
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Empty
PostSubject: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 2:59 pm

Lets use this topic carry on the other discussion!

Firstly do we want a separate name? and secondly what would it be? and thirdly what could it look like?

Just an open discussion here, all thoughts and ideas welcomed!

Richard did the logo you imagined look anything like this?

DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Dubcra11

Last edited by paul@play on Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 pm

thats cool. . . . . although a lot of them are using the sillhouette already. . . . lets play with TYPO. . . .
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 3:14 pm

Richard by all mean go ahead and go crazy on a design man!

I just threw that together quickly just to get the ideas and discussion going.....

The fonts are rubish i know but i really dont have a great selection.... and dont have time at the moment to edit fonts...
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 3:23 pm

yeah me too. .. . d@mn this job. . . .smile

will try to have a crack at it later, when the boss is away. . .
dubcrawl sounds nice though. . . . i like how the sillhouette
is rendered. . . . a bit abstract. . . .

smilesmilesmile
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 3:34 pm

nice logo you got there guys.. once all your logos are done we could add it up at the site banner!
now how about the mayhem logo? clown
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 3:39 pm

There is no logo/design, that could accurately represent/reflect on MAYHEM!!!! very happy

I think we need to slow down on the logo's barriers and things....soon we will have nitro nutters...micro marauders ....heli-hell and plane-sailing.....we need to get the EVENTS organised....meetings and such.....lol
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 3:48 pm

by the way. .. . this discussion is not strictly for those who have rigs. . . . this is open to all

(but you never know you might end up getting one. . . .. . ) twisted evil twisted evil twisted evil

suggestions for other name options?
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 3:54 pm

Love the logo Paul, maybe you could give it black borders, keep the crawler white though, looks brilliant!
Since this community is growing SOOO fast, I think it's time we organised it a bit more (I agree with what Cathurga just said).
Maybe it's time we started looking for an indoor/outdoor place where we can make tracks, and leave them there, come by when we're free, and RC our hearts out.
Anyone have the same vision as me?
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 3:59 pm

Andy may have a point here guys (anyway constructive debate is always good), especially with the amount of different classes of RC we are talking about, currently we have Drift, Mini mayhem and GT mayhem and now we have crawling coming up and there has been talk of rally or short course too....

The Dubdrift name is great and is getting better know each day, but may be limited to just attracting drifters, if we want the other classes to grow and get more people involved we may need to have a look how we educate people about dubdrift and what it offers.

What i am getting at here is possibly we need to look at something bigger that encompasses everything (maybe a more generic name or tagline....just a sugestion though)....also i know there was talk of updating the posters to include the new classes, this would be a great way to show that dubdrift offers a lot more than just drifting!

By doing this we may attract and encourage more people to get involved....and you never know that could lead to one day
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 4:10 pm

Abdul Basit wrote:
Love the logo Paul, maybe you could give it black borders, keep the crawler white though, looks brilliant!

Anyone have the same vision as me?
AdBull.

Adbull, thanks for the feedback, the idea behind the logo was that the white would be clear or not there at all, so the colour of the crawler etc would come the colour of the background on which the logo was placed, see belowDUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Dubcra12

and Yip, i think we all have a similar dream to find a "a place to call home"
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 5:15 pm

That's brilliant again Paul. Love the shirts.
And you're right, DubDrift isn't the right name if we're planning on crawling, Mini Mayhem and everything. Maybe we should scratch "drift" and put in "RC", but since "DubRC" doesn't fit in very well, we might have to come up with a different altogether if more people agree that the name isn't that appropriate anymore.

OT here, but if we do ever have our own track, we could have occasional competions where people could pay to watch, that just help funding it.
Can we start a new thread, if everyone agrees we need our own track?
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 5:34 pm

Cheers Adbull,

I think its best to let this debate go on for a while to see what people think...let see what ideas and suggestions come back!

In terms of a track Adbull, hold that though for a while...I know it has been discussed a couple of time already...

Also the offroad guys have been trying to get an offroad track up and running for a long time with little luck or support from LHS or anyone else..... the reality is for now we need make do with what we have and hope that someone someday decides to invest into something like this...
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 6:06 pm

A'ight Paul, guess you're right.
I'm no good with Photoshop, I mess with cars and stuff, but I'll try, I'll upload anything that looks half decent.

Maybe we should invite one of the LHS owners to a meet?
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 6:30 pm

you all have a point here guys but i think renaming the site is a bit out of the question, the site was made mainly to promote rc drifting here in dubai. it just so happens that a lot have been having different inerests in the hobby lately, were getting into a lot of different types here.

now to support each and everyones interests, weve created categories for them complete with general and technical disscussions, shared the market place, video and picture categories aswell. i think this is better compared like if you go to rc universe and create one topic for everyone in dubai to connect with, and that one topic will lasts for years and for many more years to come. getting back on old informative posts would be really hard i guess lol

now to promote all of them, on our next awareness poster i suggest we include all EP types that we currently have now like drift, gt, mini, crawlers etc. informations like website, location and different EP types included in the poster would be enough to promote all.

i think we already are doing what's best here. additional categories may be added if you think needed. site banner will be updated and revised to include your final team logos and shop logos if you want. just let us know your suggestions and we'll try our best to include them with the changes.

clown
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 7:02 pm

Thanks for the feedback Jay, I think we're thinking along the same lines.

I appreciate the support and space dubdrift has given to the other classes and i think it is a great platform for EP RC, not to mention the quality base of members we have.

I dont think anyone is trying to hijack dubdrift from the dubai drifters and the support it gives then, or undermine where this site has come from. I just believe the RC community is still quite small in dubai and we have a brilliant platform to support the hobby, the first decent forum in the UAE. I think the key thing here is how we make it work effectively!

The name I agree, needs to stay this is what people recognise and know, and to change it would just create confusion...the generic name or tagline i mentioned was something to add to what we have.

My intension here is to make people aware of what dubdrift offers the RC community! and the new posters will definately be the help the cause, the next key thing will be the automodex expo and how we promote ourselves there! but thats a separate discussion

That said Dubdrift is still drift at its core! it just got alot more friends now!
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 7:17 pm

Abdul Basit wrote:
DubDrift isn't the right name if we're planning on crawling, Mini Mayhem and everything. Maybe we should scratch "drift" and put in "RC", but since "DubRC" doesn't fit in very well, we might have to come up with a different altogether if more people agree that the name isn't that appropriate anymore.

this is what got me paul lol

now with regards to the awareness poster once you guys agree on what name or logo you come up with lets start working on it. we got some really good shots from abbadon we can use but first lets ask permission.. abbadon?

btw do we have some decent shots of the crawlers in action?
Back to top Go down
maldito
Driver
maldito

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 7:23 pm

hmmmm maybe i can help with the crawler pics . . .
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 7:30 pm

ahhhh I see,

sounds good jay!

The only crawler pics i have see are the ones Richard put up of his backyard course and Ahmads crawling adventure....if theres nothing we can use there I could bring my camera down and we could setup a quick crawler shoot. Saying that I wont be here for the next 2 weekends but we could do it the weekned of the 8th?

we would then just need to come up with a clever message to get people attension!
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 7:32 pm

i can see the poster being as big as an A0 sized paper.. lol!

with all the GT, Mini, Drifting and Crawling (and Rallying) pics in there..

hahaha!

the DubDrift name should not be changed.

That's for sure.

@jay, pick my car when you make the poster a'ight? hehe! just kidding..
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 7:46 pm

@paul your out of the country for 2 weeks? and andy wont be there either..
i guess its gonna be pure drifting for the next two sessions.

@lance ask sir richard to include your car, he will be the one working on it lol
some group shots would be nice too clown

@maldito you already got your crawler? i think im being left behind.... hmm
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 7:50 pm

Okay, so after reading the newer posts, I too agree the name should stay. It's best to make sections inside DubDrift everytime a new thing is added (the way it is now).

Anyone got a catchy heading for the poster?
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 7:57 pm

cathurga wrote:
There is no logo/design, that could accurately represent/reflect on MAYHEM!!!! very happy

@Andy, here a logo for mayhem, may not be a true reflection of what happens on track, but it give some ideas!!!!
DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Mayhem10
Guys please dont take this seriously, this a joke! hahahaha

@Jay, leave this thursday and back on the 3rd jan, so yip gonna miss 2 sessions....but you should still have enough guys to race - we 7 last weekend i think, plus dxbdude is building him new m03 swift
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 8:05 pm

nice mayhem logo paul lol
looks like a poster for a war movie.. mini wars!
lets wait for andys comment on this one lol

so will be seeing you guys next year..
have merry xmas and a happy new year! 🎅
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 8:20 pm

why dont you put a burning RC inside the Mayhem...hahahha
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 8:32 pm

Bandit wrote:
why dont you put a burning RC inside the Mayhem...hahahha

Bandit thats exactly what I was busy doin that while you posted this! lol

here you go!

DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Mayhem12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?   DUBCRAWL to be or not to be? Empty

Back to top Go down

DUBCRAWL to be or not to be?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next