DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 Vote_lcapCountersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 Voting_barCountersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 Vote_lcapCountersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 Voting_barCountersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Countersteer Drifting Mod

Go down 
+10
jason_mc
Abdul Basit
Bandit
mc drift
J.Drift
LaNcE
spy
.j0sh
Jay
Ashyy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bandit
Lead Driver

Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Countersteer Drifting Mod   Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:51 pm

start combing your hair now! ahahahaha goodluck on your od
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Countersteer Drifting Mod   Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:55 pm

It's been done already, so I don't see why can't do it... It'll just require lots of modifications to the gears, and a lot of patience.
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Countersteer Drifting Mod   Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:00 pm

check this simple CS Mods it's cool & really an active counter steer smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmQkCynC6do

i hope you like it
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/
jason_mc
Chase Driver
jason_mc

PostSubject: Re: Countersteer Drifting Mod   Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:32 am

god*^&* how can i drift my tb03 like the one on YouTube yokomo drift grrrr.... scratch
Back to top Go down
http://saga-dubai.webs.com/
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Countersteer Drifting Mod   Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:43 am

I already installed my OD in my ta03f. It drifts waaaayyy better than the old setup. Not sure if it will countersteer but it looks promising. smile
Back to top Go down
mc drift
Chase Driver
mc drift

PostSubject: Re: Countersteer Drifting Mod   Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 4:15 am

Here is my TBO3D overdrive mod using STR067 counter drift unit stage 2 (rear) from active-hobby. the unit is supposedly for yokomo but some they have done it on TB03. to the moderators, it's fine with me if you consider putting this in a new thread.

The tools i used in this mod are:

a small file set
hex screwdriver
caliper
hack saw
O-ring

Now we start,

here is the comparison of the gears, on the left the STR067, on the right is the tamiya solid spool assembly. the ring( large) gear is almost identical in size and it will fit snugly tight on the tamiya solid spool. even the screw holes are similar so you will have no difficulty in putting it in.

Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 DSC_0194

the STR067 is much more thicker than tamiya. the STR067 has 43t (ring gear) and 13t ( bevel gear )

Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 DSC_0195

The shaving part..
you need to enlarge the top end hole of the small gear so it will fit on the propeller joint. is use a round needle file for this. do it really slow and careful not to exceed.

Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 CSC_0202
Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 CSC_0203

The measurement..
the tamiya small bevel gear is 8mm length. i use a hack saw to shave a few mm on the small gear - do it slowly!
after cutting it i used a flat file to make it smooth. file the top end lightly for the circular clip (E-clip)
Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 CSC_0198
Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 CSC_0208
I thought its done but the small gear can't pass the through the propeller joint due to it was meant for yokomo. you have to file the inner part of the small gear - shave off the guide/lock for yokomo propeller joint. i file it with angle and i just roll it back and forth on a carpet like this..
Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 DSC_0204
i used a semi round file for control. I'm not confident in using a drill or dremel.
Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 DSC_0205
again when filing some things do it really careful and slow!

after few trials the shaft will pass through. and now try putting the e-clip
Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 CSC_0210
almost done but not yet.

Remember that the tamiya small bevel gear has small shaft in order for it to turn. mark the bevel gear while it's on the propeller joint .make sure that you mark it exactly. once you marked it, use a small flat file and round edge file for filing/ rounding it.

Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 CSC_0212

Put the entire assembly again with the shaft on. prepare a large pen ( i use a fountain pen ) and put an 0-ring - (this will act as lock for the shaft). make sure that the pen you gonna use is large enough to make the small gear fit inside. when ready put inside the small gear and slowly slide the O-Ring down until it transfers the small gear and the shaft. so it will look like this.

Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 CSC_0214

Now its done!
dance

Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 CSC_0216

Didn't try running it as of now. about the gear meshing issues ,well i just have to put shims the the screw of large ring gear for any adjustments. I'll give the updates since my work is still on progress.
hope this one answers the query of TB03 users regarding on overdriving. sleep
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Countersteer Drifting Mod   Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:22 pm

nice work man i looks perfect 2thumbsup

But correct me if im wrong, you place those gears at the rear that means your rear will turn slower than the front?

because those bevel gear is much smaller than the standard tamiya bevel.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Countersteer Drifting Mod   Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:26 pm

great detailed build tutorial sir!

all props to you!!!

cool clapping dance
Back to top Go down
http://forcea.multiply.com/
bong
Chase Driver
bong

PostSubject: Re: Countersteer Drifting Mod   Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:47 pm

great work on your OD mod 2thumbsup

but i think jon has a point, it is installed in the rear so the rear will turn slower.

i got a FCD unit stage 2 for the rear and the bevel gear is larger than the ring gear.

TN Racing has a similar product to this and they call it TN Front Counter Gear... meant to reduce the front gear ratio so it will spin slower.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kodakcinelabs.ae
mc drift
Chase Driver
mc drift

PostSubject: Re: Countersteer Drifting Mod   Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:42 pm

oh my god! really? but the kit says "for rear" i'll have to run it first for me to see. i still got the stage 1 which should be on the front. let me see guys..i'll do it when i'm free. Thanks once again!
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: Countersteer Drifting Mod   Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:46 pm

goodluck on your endevour! lol!
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Countersteer Drifting Mod   Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:52 pm

Very good modifications! I just hope the gears mesh just fine. Or will be after some shims. From the pics, I can see that they're not properly meshed.

I admire your patience and perseverance. Modifying gears as not as easy finding pulleys.
Hats-off to you.

Btw, I also think that the replacement gears are supposed to make the rear rotate faster.
Anyway, the front and rear differentials of TB-03s are reversible (I think - as I haven't built one yet) so you can swap it with the front.

Thanks for the detailed Tut.. 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
RC_joe
Test Driver

PostSubject: Re: Countersteer Drifting Mod   Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 3:21 am

Great job mc drift!!,... cant waith to see it doing CS drifting...im also looking for those gears for my Yokomo kit.PM me for more details.thanks bro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Countersteer Drifting Mod   Countersteer Drifting Mod - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Countersteer Drifting Mod
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2