DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
The World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
The World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
The World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
The World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
The World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
The World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
The World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
The World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
The World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph Vote_lcapThe World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph Voting_barThe World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph Vote_rcap 
Jay
The World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph Vote_lcapThe World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph Voting_barThe World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph

Go down 
AuthorMessage
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

The World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph Empty
PostThe World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph

After a motorcycle crash, Nic Case found a safer, but still thrilling, hobby: building radio-controlled cars. At 161 mph, his latest just smashed the world record.

The World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph Pocket10

The 46-year-old eked out extra mph any way he could, including adding an 11-horsepower R/C motor and a 12-cell battery pack normally used in hobby airplanes. He made sure his handcrafted carbon-fiber chassis would generate enough aerodynamic downforce to keep the vehicle on the track, and he designed an all-wheel-drive system to further increase traction. He also used a high-frequency receiver to ensure that he never loses control of the car.

The World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph Go-car10

So far, Case has raced it only twice, and he thinks he has a good shot at his ultimate goal: 200 mph. "The car's got more," he says. "I left a lot on the table."

How It Works

Time: 6 months
Cost: $4,000
Handling: The car has no brakes, so Case dials back the power to the motors to decelerate. To prevent flipping, he added a gyroscope-based steering-correction system normally used in remote-control helicopters.
Tires: Case designed oversized tires to improve the airflow beneath the vehicle. Instead of relying on glue, he had the rubber vulcanized to the aluminum rims, "It's one less thing to fail," he says.
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
Share this post on: reddit

The World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph :: Comments

sideslider
Re: The World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:36 am by sideslider
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my supra cant doo that.......

this thing costs as much as my baja, i think i would have more fun with the baja then a missle with wheels that could explode any second.....but still a cool thing
LaNcE
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:52 am by LaNcE
sideslider wrote:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my supra cant doo that.......

this thing costs as much as my baja, i think i would have more fun with the baja then a missle with wheels that could explode any second.....but still a cool thing

envious?!

hats-off to this guys..

i can just imagine all the computations, trials and errors, and all the work he's done to achieve this..

man, just to keep it from flying at that speed is already a great achievement..

speed really is addictive.. zoooOOOooom!
cathurga
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:59 am by cathurga
........where are the nitro nuts now eh? EP rules smile
.j0sh
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:12 am by .j0sh
+1 to that sir Andy.

Belt-driven kits rulezzzz!
+D
paul
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:31 am by paul
.......i'm definately seeing the light in EP!

will be interesting to see how soon he manages to break 200 mph

Andy, they had a nitro guys in the article but he only managed to hit 111mph running 4 x .28 engines....didnt think it was good enough so left it out....
vineshvijayan
Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:31 pm by vineshvijayan
Castles are real monsters small or big no matter. Excellent products.

The World's Fastest Remote-Control Car - 161 mph

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DubDrift :: News & Events :: Latest News-
Jump to: