DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Need advice what electronics to buy  Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Need advice what electronics to buy  Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Need advice what electronics to buy  Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Need advice what electronics to buy  Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Need advice what electronics to buy  Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Need advice what electronics to buy  Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Need advice what electronics to buy  Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Need advice what electronics to buy  Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Need advice what electronics to buy  Vote_lcapNeed advice what electronics to buy  Voting_barNeed advice what electronics to buy  Vote_rcap 
Jay
Need advice what electronics to buy  Vote_lcapNeed advice what electronics to buy  Voting_barNeed advice what electronics to buy  Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Need advice what electronics to buy

Go down 
+6
J.Drift
jovenshadow
Jay
cathurga
Duane
Lady_Commander
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady_Commander
Driver
Lady_Commander

Need advice what electronics to buy  Empty
PostSubject: Need advice what electronics to buy    Need advice what electronics to buy  EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:53 am

After concluding my dream chassis (TA05 VDF) Im thinking what electronics i will get. First the Tx, I decided to go for Futaba 4PL 2.4GHz S-FHSS. Why? haha i dont really know..i just find it "4 channel" that's all but still Im very much willing to hear your comments. Other Electronics I still doing my research.

1. Tx Rx - Futaba 4PL 2.4GHz S-FHSS
2. Motor & ESC Combo - ???
3. Servo - ???

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Need advice what electronics to buy    Need advice what electronics to buy  EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 2:15 am

Hi,
Just buy this radio instead http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-radio-futaba-megatech-junior-control-system-2phkaam-p-742.html

Its 150 dollars cheaper. I still use a radio like this after 15 years. It also comes with servos and a receiver.

If you still want to buy the other radio I have some investment opportunities i'd like to interest you in ;-)

Duane.
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Need advice what electronics to buy    Need advice what electronics to buy  EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 2:45 am

Duane wrote:
I still use a radio like this after 15 years. It also comes with servos and a receiver.

Duane.

We know......its always you that bellows "WHO IS USING MY CHANNEL" all the time, when we are all on 2.4Ghz clapping

2.4Ghz is the way to go for sure, but do you really need 4 channels? THere is some budget (read: still decent) 2.4Ghz stuff on the market. But at least you see the sense in buying something respectable. As Duane says, if it lasts you 10 years, it was a good investment
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Need advice what electronics to buy    Need advice what electronics to buy  EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:57 am

Futaba mj.. yes thats one reliable transmitter.. it was my 1st radio back in 2003 very happy

For electronic combo's I would go for a novak or a castle.. how many turns will depend on how much your skill can handle.

Servo doesnt really matter much to me.. ive been using standard futaba servo's ever since and i find my kits still competitive against those with expensive high torque ones.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Lady_Commander
Driver
Lady_Commander

PostSubject: Re: Need advice what electronics to buy    Need advice what electronics to buy  EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:49 am

Thanks for the fast reply guys!

@ Duanne >> thanks for the tip bro!

@ Cathurga >> that's what i don't want to happen..a newbie like me interfering your channel and causing damages. that will be so embarrassing blush

@ Jay >> I saw good reviews about the novak but can you tell me what specific motor i can get for drifting please. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
jovenshadow
Chase Driver
jovenshadow

PostSubject: Re: Need advice what electronics to buy    Need advice what electronics to buy  EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 2:04 pm

I used Yeah Racing 5.5t Sensorless Brushless combo (YR ESC)

I find this motor over power in my TB03 so i only used 60 to 70% motor power before when it was attached in my TB03.

But now attached in my OTA-R31 70% is underpower so change to 100% power, im not sure if its because the CS gearing of the OTA or the age of the motor considering its less than a year in service.

Some drifter use only 8T or even 12T, just like Jay said it will depend on how much your skill can handle. You can choose from Sensored or Sensorless Brushless

BTW, yeah racing combo are cheap. smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jovenshadow.com
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Need advice what electronics to buy    Need advice what electronics to buy  EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 2:34 pm

im using 13.5T ballistic with mamba max pro esc on my VDF
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: Need advice what electronics to buy    Need advice what electronics to buy  EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 11:52 am

check these also

Need advice what electronics to buy  Nr90910

or

Need advice what electronics to buy  Lrp80910

Back to top Go down
mc drift
Chase Driver
mc drift

PostSubject: Re: Need advice what electronics to buy    Need advice what electronics to buy  EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:54 pm

once you obtain those essentials, all you have to do is "practice". practice, practice and practice. no two kits are the same. very happy
Back to top Go down
Lady_Commander
Driver
Lady_Commander

PostSubject: Re: Need advice what electronics to buy    Need advice what electronics to buy  EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 1:47 am

@ jovenshadow >>> sorry noob question...what does "5.5" and "T" mean? I've been seeing lots of these over the net but i cant really figure out. TIA!

@ J.Drift >>> guys..what's the difference of 5.5T, 8T and 12T?

@ Bandit >>> thanks for the effort posting that pic for me..i really appreciate it bro!
Back to top Go down
jovenshadow
Chase Driver
jovenshadow

PostSubject: Re: Need advice what electronics to buy    Need advice what electronics to buy  EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 3:15 am

T means Turn...

The lower the "T" the faster the motor, the faster will consume the battery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jovenshadow.com
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Need advice what electronics to buy    Need advice what electronics to buy  EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 3:19 am

Go LRP or CASTLE CREATIONS! 6.5T would be a sweet spot .... Perdonally that is ....

After all I think I'm the last guy sliding with old school brushed power here very happy
Back to top Go down
http://forcea.multiply.com/
Lady_Commander
Driver
Lady_Commander

PostSubject: Re: Need advice what electronics to buy    Need advice what electronics to buy  EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:37 am

does it mean...

HIGH NUMBER = HIGH TORQUE ?
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Need advice what electronics to buy    Need advice what electronics to buy  EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:45 am

check!

Advisable for drifting is between 6.5-8.5T. But really is up to your liking.

Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Need advice what electronics to buy    Need advice what electronics to buy  EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:12 pm

its this way..

lower turns = more top end power, less torque
higher turns = more torque, less top-end power

im running on slydr 7.5 for years now and i never had any regrets on the system.
but latey it started acting up very happy

Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Need advice what electronics to buy    Need advice what electronics to buy  EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:58 pm

Adding to the above.....

Lower turns = less runtime
Higher turns = more runtime

I have always wondered about the drifting and how to gear them...I always thought that having lower torque and a higher gearing would have been better. In my thinking, having it geared high with a torquey motor would help break traction....having a high reving motor is not ideal because it would over run??

Just a thought, but given that higher turns would give more runtime and be less susceptible to over heating....its not like you need higher speed...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need advice what electronics to buy    Need advice what electronics to buy  Empty

Back to top Go down

Need advice what electronics to buy
Page 1 of 1