DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Formula D RC Drift Track Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Formula D RC Drift Track Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Formula D RC Drift Track Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Formula D RC Drift Track Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Formula D RC Drift Track Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Formula D RC Drift Track Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Formula D RC Drift Track Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Formula D RC Drift Track Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Formula D RC Drift Track Vote_lcapFormula D RC Drift Track Voting_barFormula D RC Drift Track Vote_rcap 
Jay
Formula D RC Drift Track Vote_lcapFormula D RC Drift Track Voting_barFormula D RC Drift Track Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Formula D RC Drift Track

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tama-ka Kuma-kuba
Test Driver
Tama-ka Kuma-kuba

Formula D RC Drift Track Empty
PostFormula D RC Drift Track

Formula D RC Drift Track Secure10
Formula D RC Drift Track 20110210
Good evening guys. Just some update. I met with the event organizer yesterday at yas circuit and got the following info.

1. As emalied to Sir Jay, they will be building a temporary drift track just outside the entrance of the north grand stand. Perspectiove drawing of track already forwarded to Sir Jay. According to the organizer and as per the drawing, they will be using solid timber as the surface or the track and will paint it black. Do you think our cars will slide properly on a painted timber surface? Guys, I need your comments on this at the soonest please. Since laying out an extra lenolium on the timber will be over their budget. The reason why they are building a track is because the original surface of the area are made from brick tiles and definitely, we can not slide on the brick tiles. Sir Jay, can u please post their drawing here. Thanks a lot! smile

2. They will provide zebra tapes and I requested for a quantity of at least 20 pieces to make sure that we will not run short compared last adrenaline. But guys, we have to layout the track as per your design.

3. Assembly / meeting time is 14:00 hours (2:00 pm) sharp. If I am not mistaken, we will all meet at the north grand stand gate. This, I will confirm later. But we really have to be there by 2 pm sharp for the preparation and layout of the track. Gate will open for public at exactly 16:30 (4:30 pm).

4. I will be meeting with Fiona (but without Shrek - hehehe!) again on Thursday to collect our t-shirts and passes for our guest. As I have mentioned before, i will try to ask some extra passes so the others could bring extra guest but still, this is not confirmed yet. I will immediately post on Thursday night whether or not extra passes are available and how many. Lets just hope that they can spare some! smile

5. Lastly as a reminder, those 24 drivers on the list must come to the event and bring their kit just in case if they really make a roll call. smile

That's it guys. Any comment on no. 1 please advise immediately.

@Sir Jay, is it okay if I give your contact number to the track builder since they want to ask some technical matter particularly with the material they will use in building the track? Once you give me your go signal, then I will do so. They want to talk with you tomorrow if possible. Thanks a lot!

I'll post more update soon.

Cheers! smile
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Formula D RC Drift Track :: Comments

chardiboi
Re: Formula D RC Drift Track
Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:32 am by chardiboi
we have not tried drifting on timber. . . . but maybe gypsumboard will do. . . .only problem is the joints, as a gypsum board is only 4ft x 8ft if i'm not mistaken. . .

any more suggestions guys? clapping clapping clapping
Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:28 am by Bandit
i hope those timber looks like this...

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:56 am by Bandit
Check this out guys

Formula D RC Drift Track DSC06356

Formula D RC Drift Track DSC06386

Formula D RC Drift Track DSC06387
Tama-ka Kuma-kuba
Formula D RC Drift Track
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:35 am by Tama-ka Kuma-kuba
Good am guys! Are you all ready? I think timber will work. If u have any comments, pls advise. I'll see u all at 2 pm this coming friday in yas. i will post later our final meeting area. Cheers!
Jay
Formula D RC Drift Track
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:51 pm by Jay
Concept sketch of the track flooring we got from the organizers.

Formula D RC Drift Track 20110216113550

very happy
J.Drift
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:58 pm by J.Drift
cooooool! 2thumbsup
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:46 pm by Bandit
love it! i think its goin to be a beautiful track! so guys ready also your cameras! clapping
LaNcE
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:46 pm by LaNcE
looks really cool!

some comments:

1. the driver's area should be inside the track.
2. if they could fence the whole area including the set-up tables. the whole area need not to be elevated or flat, just the track area.

@sir jun, my apologies on not being able to follow on the coordination. just got a lot in my hands right now and priorities has to be made. a huge thanks for your effort!

@all, the organizers are going to be spending some serious amount of money for the show. and although we did not ask to be included, i think it's only 'right' to give them and the crowd a great show. after all, this for something that we love. thanks guys!
Jay
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:23 pm by Jay
We have already talked about placing the tables and drivers inside the enclosed area of the track to avoid people getting too close to our expensive cars very happy But as per Mr Jun it was indicated in the given drawing that they have a load computation of the flooring and the whole thing might not hold 25 drivers all at the same time.

So for everyones safety I guess we can just suggest a safety line to enclose the setup area for the drivers while we have fun w/o the worries of any disasters very happy

What Im worried though is would painting the surface a good combination with our tires.. we'll see.

J.Drift
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:16 pm by J.Drift
i think Venyl tiles will solve the surface issue very happy

what do you think guys ?
Jay
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:07 pm by Jay
@jon the reason why the linolium didnt go thru is that they are trying to lessen the cost.. so the idea of venyl tiles wont be possible.. plus tiles have grooves.

Unless JJ will provide very happy
mc drift
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:39 pm by mc drift
if the material will be like a plywood then it will create a growling noise - very cool!
try putting our kits on our door i guess you will get the idea of the noise.

painted wooden floor might be good as well? for me it's better than asphalt.

Fellas, since we gonna introduce the hobby to the public, expect a lot of inquiries.
A representative from anyone from us ( all mods? ) would be a requirement since media and public will be on us.

we should have one sacrifice drift car ( if available - sponsors pls). lots of " can i try your car pls? " guys should encounter.

banners and big banners if allowed?

lastly, may the drift god bless us all during the event.
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:39 pm by Bandit
try to sacrifice your TB03...and might as well entertain those people who will ask some inquiries... laughing thats a good idea...wooootttt!!!! lol!
Jay
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:43 pm by Jay
Right on Bandit! I guess now we have one very happy
Thanks bro we will never forget this.. were so happy for you clapping
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:50 pm by Bandit
Mcdrift is always a hero for us...sacrificing his own enjoynment...i really idolize you and anodize you...

PS mildtrashtalking only...
Tama-ka Kuma-kuba
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:19 am by Tama-ka Kuma-kuba
Sir Lance, ok lang yon! What's important...we have a nice forum site where we can communicate anytime.

and to everyone....thank you very much also for your support clapping clapping . Without the group, the show will definitely not materialize smile smile

I will post the final assembly / meeting point before thursday. Timing will remain the same. Goodluck to everyone. Let's give them a good show. 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
mc drift
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:27 am by mc drift
@ bandit - my tb03 has never crashed before maybe your tc will survive another crash..hehehe!
Jay
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:33 am by Jay
Bandit wrote:
Mcdrift is always a hero for us...sacrificing his own enjoynment...i really idolize you and anodize you...

PS mildtrashtalking only...

..and again bandits right very happy were just kidding Carlo.

and yes I'm sure were gonna encounter a lot of people asking for a trial run on our expensive cars very happy
That just means a lot are interested in the hobby.. its already become a part promoting the hobby on every event.

But I suggests we hold on to our radios as much as we can very happy
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:34 am by Bandit
hahahaha so now you have an idea about Hotbodies.. withstanding all crashes without having any damage...ill just give way to you since you started the idea... thankyou

ooppss PS be careful using brittle kits you might not enjoy the slide... picknose laughing
strawb
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:43 am by strawb
thats why i strongly suggest we hold a proper DRIFT COMPETITION on the 25th ....

to show passers by and the organizers that DUBDRIFT is an organized group of drifters in a 10th of a scale who know what they do ....

just imagine .... 24 drifters .... that'll be a whole night of drifting fun .... it would mean that each and everyone will have a fair share of use of the drift track as well as the fair share of attention when doing time attacks and tandems ....

lets organize an iterinary with scheduled practice times .... time attacks for all 24 drivers .... tandems .... i believe it will look better that way .... rather than a free for all bump and slide session

my 2 fils
mc drift
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:44 am by mc drift
what i mean is the sacrifice drift car will not come from us for sure. even mine will be never in a hands of anyone. but in the end they just want to crash our cars. hhmmm.. forget about the sacrifice car from the sponsor since it will not get any interest from them. let us say " come and join us in our drift meet " for those who will inquire.
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:49 am by Bandit
i second slow motion straw! laughing
Post  by Sponsored content

Formula D RC Drift Track

Page 1 of 1