DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads Vote_lcapConfusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads Voting_barConfusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads Vote_rcap 
Jay
Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads Vote_lcapConfusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads Voting_barConfusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads

Go down 
+4
jebjeb
Abdul Basit
.j0sh
Jay
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay
Administrator
Jay

Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads Empty
PostSubject: Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads   Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 6:02 pm

People complain that impounded bikes are not being returned.

Dubai: Conflicting actions by Dubai Police and the Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) have left cyclists in the lurch in the city.

While the RTA has been encouraging people to use cycles to travel short distances, the police have launched a campaign against bicycles for safety reasons leaving residents utterly confused.

Police have impounded more than 1,164 bicycles since the beginning of March as part of a campaign to enforce safety regulations. However, the worst part is that confiscated cycles are not being returned to their owners.

Gulf News also came across some officials in plain clothes impounded bicycles on Al Mankhool Road last week and throwing them onto a pick-up truck.

Full Story HERE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads   Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 6:04 pm

I dont think ill be using my bike for awhile till they clarify this bicycle rule.
Now how am I gonna go to area2.. If i take the bus i might end up going to dragon mart again sad
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads   Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 6:13 pm

What is RTA up to now?! =P

Maybe police officers and RTA officials were given a memo to start using bicycles but they felt lazzy and didn't like the idea?
=P

Or....

They plan to use the confiscated bikes for their own use?

=P
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads   Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 6:13 pm

You're lucky you still have your bike...

They took away my Wethepeople.... sad
I wasn't even on the darned street!
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads   Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 6:16 pm

i think they're only confiscating those bikes if you dont wear a helmet or some safety gears and if your using your bike in major highways...

@ jay.. you want us to have our drift meets at dragon mart instead? hahaha
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads   Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 6:21 pm

all i can says is the RTA are a bunch of fools! the rest of the world regonises bicycles as a great alternative to motor vehicles.....and reducing CO2 emissions etc.....then these ******** go and ban bicycles with speed limits of 60 and above....(most roads in dubai)

they should build the 600km of bikelanes they have been promising for years.....

banghead banghead banghead banghead
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
RECKRACING
Administrator
RECKRACING

PostSubject: Re: Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads   Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 6:48 pm

These means the bike guys will more likely to join us coz the police are not confiscating RC cars..... for now....
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads   Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 7:31 pm

RECKRACING wrote:
These means the bike guys will more likely to join us coz the police are not confiscating RC cars..... for now....

omg....

Good thing I left Dubai. Wouldn't want to be there when that happens.
I'd go crazzzzzyyyyeeeee.

lol. =P
Back to top Go down
Nitram
Co-Driver
Nitram

PostSubject: Re: Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads   Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 4:54 am

Why like that? scratch .. I'm planning to buy a bike this month and it seems this bicycle rule will stop it..

@Jay.. if they will continue this rule, probably bike price might drop... what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads   Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 5:33 am

Im quite sure bike prices wont be affected Martin.. this is not the first time the police started confiscating bikes.

They also did this before in Naif area and like i said it didnt affect the LBS.. we'll just wait for it to cool down and get back to street biking again very happy

BTW one of my officemate got his bike confiscated the other day.. no plans on getting it back so he just bought a new one lol!
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads   Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi, what kind of bike are you looking for ? I have too many bikes and now that I have kids I don't ride them all. In particular I have a street trials bike that I never get to ride if thats the kind of thing you are looking to buy ?

Duane
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads   Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 9:11 pm

hey duane, can you post a more detailed info on your trail bike very happy
Back to top Go down
Nitram
Co-Driver
Nitram

PostSubject: Re: Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads   Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:43 am

Hi Duane,

yes, kindly post your bike and specs...
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads   Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:56 pm

Hi
The two trials bike I have are a Base TA26 which is a street trials bike - cut a long story short it has a seat and gears, the other is an Echo Control which is a lot more hard work, theres no seat and no gears.

The base is the same frame as the bike in this youtube clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da86iilMYLI

the control is the same as in this and thousands of other videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C39A_PY6iJg&feature=related

I would let the Base go for 1000 dirhams which is the price of the 'hope' rear hub on it

Duane.
Back to top Go down
Nitram
Co-Driver
Nitram

PostSubject: Re: Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads   Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 4:02 am

Hi Duane,

Thanks for the info.. Sorry I've preferred to buy MTB XC not the street trials bike.

Martin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads   Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads Empty

Back to top Go down

Confusion over rules leaves cyclists at the crossroads
Page 1 of 1