DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Vote_lcapNext Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Voting_barNext Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Vote_lcapNext Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Voting_barNext Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

What would you guys prefer for the 9th April
Morning session (8am in Al Ain)
Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Vote_lcap75%Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 75% [ 9 ]
Evening session (4pm in Al Ain)
Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Vote_lcap25%Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? - Page 6 Empty
PostNext Al Ain trip 9 April 2010?

Right, so the excitement of Automodex is over and its time to start planning the next trip to Al Ain.

I know we had a lot of breakages at Automodex and the guys are needing to order spares online etc.....so i would suggest we aim for the 9th April, that should give everyone enough time to get their cars ready.

Let me know if you guys are happy with the date, if not please suggest alternatives! hurray

UPDATE: 6 April

Votes are in and we're good to go!

We're on for Friday 9 April 2010 - 8 AM in AL AIN

Its an early start so we need to leave Area 2 by 6:30am latest

Race classes as follows:

Touring Cars - 25T or 13T BL

1. Paul
2. Andy
3. Bong??
4. Jebjeb
5. Jamea

GT Mayhem - Open class.

1. Greg
2. Bandit
3. Mr E

F1 - Silvercan

1. Andy
2. Bong
3. Greg??
4. Dan??

Mini - ST

1. Paul
2. Andy
3. Bong
4. Greg
5. Bandit
6. Dan
7. Jamea
8. Mr E

Nitro

1. Mr E

Last edited by paul@play on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:24 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010? :: Comments

gerg
Re: Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010?
Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:05 am by gerg
Samaj wrote:
Pics guys..............? How were the F1 cars?

They were a challenge to drive, but this was to be expected.
The track was very slippery today. Even all the touring cars were having a hard time. The F1 would have been great at Automodex track where there was much more grip, but I think these cars would really love an indoor carpet track.
I also think Andy had more success with his rubber tires than the F1-09 foam's, but still hard work to drive. Track conditions were a bit odd today though, I have not been there before today so general impressions was the track was just so slippery, but from what I understand today was extra slippery. Maybe the heat?.........
mister-e
Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:16 am by mister-e
Bandit,
Nice driving today!!!

I was using 23T brushed, and when going to final drive ratio of 6, the speed was approx equal.
The LiPo was nice. I can drive 10 min easyly.

Lots of problems though when installing the lighter battery without putting additional weight.
Balance of the car was terrible and the rear of the car was everywhere.
It was very challenging to drive, especially when using 1-way.

Next time, will try it again after readjusting the balance of the car.

Who knows, next Friday scratch
Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:41 am by Bandit
Thanks Sir Edward, your car is much quicker than mine, i think i need to adjust it next time so that on the stretch we can be equal (i hope so), yup you're right using one way is very challenging especially when entering a corner...you need to be soft on your break or never use the break else you know what will happen.... banghead
cathurga
Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:23 am by cathurga
Hey guys,

I think the weather and dust were against us last weekend, and most noticeably.....the weather....waaaay to hot I reckon. I also dont really want to make that drive in the evening, it is treacherous as is....what with all the morons on it, together with the dark and there is going to be a problem....

Anyway, it looks like we are left with Movenpick for the summer. I have a number of things I wish to do this summer, one of them is to get the club going, and find somewhere nicer to ride....Area 2 is fine for mini's and drifting, but no good for the tourers, unless they are silvercan or ST. Anything else is useless.....and more so the F1's.

With that in mind, I would still like to get my RC fix in the summer, so will resort to some crawling outside my place.....anyone interested? Give me a shout. smile

Finally, I was thinking about starting the 2010 Mini Summer Series (MSS '10). The format being a cumulative season of racing, involving individuals, a 'constructors' challenge and a team result....all to take place at Area 2..!!

Something like this....

3 people in a team

Each week, you race as individuals, but collect points for your team as well.

This means that you dont HAVE to attend every week, and your team could be out there earning points for you. And likewise when someone else needs a day off, you are there racing for them.

A maximum of 15 racers per session ( 3 heats, 3 rounds and a final) each week. Points get earned for EVERY place, not just the first 3 places. Additional points are earned for a full team each weekend.

Constructors Championship will be M05 vs M03's. No Prizes, just GLORY! All points will be accumulated for driver positions in the 1st 3 places of each race.

3/4 of the way through the 'season' we will have a Mini Endurance Race which will go something like this:
90 Minutes of non-stop Mini racing!!! Not for the faint of heart!
Each team will have 3 drivers present and ONE car. A second car will be available only in the event of a catastrophic internal gear failure. Only ONE body set will be allowed in the race.
Each driver will do a max of 30 mins racing. There will be a compulsory 4 pit stop (roughly every 22 mins) alternatively, whenever you need a battery change, but a minimum of 4 stops. Any pitstop that is done WITHOUT changing parts/batteries will incur 20 seconds minumum in the pits.

From a prize perspective, we will raise funds in the following way.

Seasonal Team entry fee = AED 100 (Split 3 ways of course)

Weekly race entry = AED8 or AED10 per driver

Endurance Race Entry AED 50 per team

There will be NO prize for the weekly races, a small trophy for the enduro Champ and the top 3 in the Championship race.
The main prize will be a TEAM prize for the seaon. This will encourage TEAMWORK smile

What do you guys think? Start the end of this month, for the next 20 weeks?

Let me know what you think....I want to hear suggestions. I will also need some volunteers to learn the software, a treasurer to manage the funds and an event manager.....

Lets hear it people..>!!
tractorboy
Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:31 am by tractorboy
Im up for this, which day are you going to be doing the racing on fri or sat?

After the 1st of May i will have every saturday free until the start of the next football season, so i wont have to be at the radio.

Ill put my name on the list to help out with some of the positions that need filling
paul
Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:56 pm by paul
Andy great idea for the mini series, just think it might get a too hot to run for the full 20 weeks....especially in august and september when the humidity picks up to rediculous levels twisted evil

really like the endurance race idea 2thumbsup

I'm definately keen for the MINI WINTER SERIES!
cathurga
Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:25 pm by cathurga
Paul, you need to visit a guy called Chopper Reid. laughing

Seriously.....the SSS (Super Summer Season) is not a cause for concern heat wise...we can start it late in the day, and all three rounds of three heats can be done within an hour!!

Round 1
Heat 1 - 6 mins incl 2 min break
Heat 2 - 6 mins incl 2 min break
Heat 3 - 6 mins incl 2 min break

Round 2

Round 3
Heat 3 - 6 mins incl 2 min break

A- Final - 6 mins

EQUAL TO 1 HOUR!!

You only joined the RC action at the beginning of last winter, but we had quite a few guys out during the summer months....it is not TOO bad....and for an hour.....easy.....

Al-Ain is different, that is an hour drive to stand in the sun for a few hours and an hour back...

5:30pm start, the heat is waning, and finish at 6:30pm....just before the sun goes down..

DOnt be the one on the sidelines...you gotta be IN IT to WIN IT!!
cathurga
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:04 am by cathurga
ok, just one interested person.......right,....Dan, you're on my team. laughing
Abdul Basit
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:26 am by Abdul Basit
Can there be a touring competition too? I'd like that...
cathurga
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:51 am by cathurga
Sure, we could do that, but the track is pretty small at Area 2, if you wanna do it at Area 1 cool, alternatively, all run sport tuned in the tourers and silver can in the mini's....
gerg
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:23 am by gerg
I'm sure I'll partake in the occasional mini mashing......
Can't see me making every week for 20 weeks though.
tractorboy
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:27 am by tractorboy
There has to be more takers for this. May be make a new thread Andy as it may get more peoples attention.

I dont think it will be too bad in the early evenings, it wasnt that bad last year.

I like the team aspect of this, could bring about some interesting team paint jobs.
Nitram
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:55 am by Nitram
I'm interested too... looking forward for mini mashing........
cathurga
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:07 am by cathurga
Yeah, will start a new thread....

The idea is that over the 20 weeks, you dont HAVE to attend all the races, which is where the TEAM aspect comes in, you all support each other, and the crown ultimately goes to the TEAM that wins rather than the individual...

Teams of 3 make this even more attractive, if each team member goes every 3rd week, there will always be two members representing the team at the meet. This means that over 20 weeks, if you go every 3rd week, you will have been to 6 meetings....not so harsh now is it?

There will be a few caveats though, as always... wink
Bonus points for a full team compliment at a meeting
Bonus points for the team with most podium finishes

The Endurance race will also hold some special points awards, as this will be the MAIN event of the summer, and personally I am looking forward to that as an event.....an hour and a half of solid driving......nerve-wracking!!

Any suggestions on points allocation etc will be most welcome...

Will arrange and put it all in one thread....
jebjeb
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:29 pm by jebjeb
im in for the mini smile

but i have to wait for my kit... paging bandit!
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:51 pm by Bandit
The kit is also waiting for you...take good care of my baby, have patience when she run slow ok...

@Andy i think JJDriftshop will throw some stuff for prizes... shocked
Post  by Sponsored content

Next Al Ain trip 9 April 2010?

Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DubDrift :: News & Events :: Event Sessions-
Jump to: