DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Hachi Roku is BACK! Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Hachi Roku is BACK! Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Hachi Roku is BACK! Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Hachi Roku is BACK! Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Hachi Roku is BACK! Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Hachi Roku is BACK! Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Hachi Roku is BACK! Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Hachi Roku is BACK! Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Hachi Roku is BACK! Vote_lcapHachi Roku is BACK! Voting_barHachi Roku is BACK! Vote_rcap 
Jay
Hachi Roku is BACK! Vote_lcapHachi Roku is BACK! Voting_barHachi Roku is BACK! Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hachi Roku is BACK!

Go down 
+6
tractorboy
jebjeb
paul
sideslider
RC_joe
Abdul Basit
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

Hachi Roku is BACK! Empty
PostSubject: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:22 pm

...The Hachi Roku (AE86) is back! It will no longer be a AE86, but instead, it will be "FT86". It'll be powered by a Subie boxer 2.0.... We all know how well that performs! And Subaru will also release it's own version. And THAT will most likely be a AWD, STi version.... YUMMY!

Here is what Top Gear had to say....

"Last year, we reported that Toyota and Subaru were collaborating to develop a lightweight, rear-wheel-drive coupe. We were excited.

And now our excitement has reached the heady level of In A Bit of A Tizz, because here it is: the Toyota FT-86, set to debut at the Tokyo motor show later this month.

The FT-86 is labelled a concept, but is expected to reach the road in 2011 alongside a Subaru-badged version.

It's powered by Subaru's 2.0-litre boxer engine, which puts out 146bhp in current production form but should develop slightly more in future iterations.

As we're well aware, the four-pot can be turbocharged to produce monstrous power outputs, but that would also put the price up: Toyota and Subaru are aiming to keep the cost as low as possible to attract younger drivers to the brand. The coupes should weigh in well under £20,000 when they go on sale in the UK.

The FT-86 has a 2+2 seating configuration and measures 416cm in length, just a fraction longer than the Audi TT and around 18cm shorter than the Lotus Evora.

We'll find out much more about the FT-86 - and, perhaps, its Subaru counterpart - in Tokyo in a couple of weeks' time.

For now a quick show of hands: who reckons Toyota might finally be rediscovering its mojo? "

Hachi Roku is BACK! 670x377Image

And it definetly will be produced!

Back to top Go down
RC_joe
Test Driver

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:54 pm

im ba big fan of Wheels magazine so iv seen both these cars and read all about them,the corporate head of the toyota company said that he wanted to make toyotas "more intresting" like they used to be..E.g. celica,supra.unlike the stupid economic affordable cars they have today.i hope to see alot more exciting things from toyota.
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:21 am

RC_joe wrote:
im ba big fan of Wheels magazine.

Ewww. I'll pretend you never said that.

Annywayy...

Yeah, other car makers are bringing back good cars too.

The Dodge Challenger... Cheverolet Camaro... And a few more.
Back to top Go down
RC_joe
Test Driver

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:39 am

Quote :
RC_joe wrote:
im ba big fan of Wheels magazine.

Ewww. I'll pretend you never said that.

Ehh!..what you dont like wheels magazine? scratch
Back to top Go down
sideslider
Chase Driver
sideslider

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:03 am

I like it....
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:10 am

i read wheels every week friday afternoon on the couch, my version of reading the sunday paper in bed very happy

whats wrong with wheels abdul :?: at least the news is current and its better than reading the news a month or 2 late in CAR or one of the others :!:

ps toyota is bringing cool back with that car! love the GTResque profile side windows!
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:30 am

yeah, whats wrong with wheels magazine?

the prototype FT86 is different from the unit that they will produce but it will sure be an exciting car. specially for drifters
Back to top Go down
tractorboy
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
tractorboy

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:34 pm

Wheels magazine does just rip reviews from other leading worldwide magazines though! Still though i think its DHS 7 a pop which is cheap, even though i dont pay for mine. I get them free from gulf news.

This looks like a heap of shit if you ask me! And very poor standard out put. Id rather pick up a Leon Cupra R, they are well bellow £20,000 and with a simple stage 2 re-map they will hit not far off 350BHP. A stage 3 map and you would be laughing! Just a shame they dont have them in the UAE yet.

£20,000 seems to be well over priced!
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:40 pm

Not that I don't like the concept...but nothing about it resembles the AE86.
Plus the interior looks like a spaceship.
=P

Wonder what Keiichi Tsuchiya and Takumi Fujiwara have to say about this.

=P
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:44 pm

tractorboy wrote:
Wheels magazine does just rip reviews from other leading worldwide magazines though!

WORD.

That's what I wrote in my first comment before I edited it.. Lol.

Look at the number plates, MOST of the cars have some European plate on 'em.

@Josh, yeah.... But I still like it. RWD FTW! ... No offence to any of the Mini Mayhem guys... blum3
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:47 pm

I believe there are RWD m-chassis...right? =P

I too am not a fan of the touring scene.
So yeah....RWD FTW!

=P
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:58 pm

Yeah, not too keen on the interior myself.....but then I am old school and prefer less stupid little lights and 'rave' aspects...

Dan, I too am a staunch supporter of the SEAT....their GT cars look AWESOME....man, it would be good to see a Tamiya SEAT body kit.

I have owned a SEAT leon (previous model) and my brother had the LEON FR.....awesome drive experience, very reliable, and just plain GOOD VALUE.

...in the comparison to the FT86.....completely different.....you ain't gonna drift a LEON Cupra... smile

The 86 looks like it could have the makings of a decent drift car though...my comment is based simply on styling..lol
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:08 pm

I may be wrong now, but I find it hard to picture that FT86 going JDM....

It looks too futuristic....
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:57 pm

@ Josh, did you watcht he video? The car that you see there (I know it's been all patched up so it can't be identified) is a lot more different than the pictures.

And once it comes out, it will be a lot less futuristic/retro.

So yeah... Let's just hope that it comes with the "PANDA" theme. The white body with the black bits.... Just like the one Takumi Fujiwara uses in Initiad D...
... And the M04 isn't that great I've heard. The M02 was considered good, then came the M03, and people STILL prefferred the M02. But then things changed, and the M03 was considered the best. People find that hard to believe, but everyone who's been on a mini forum for a while will know what I'm talking about.

Gosh I love the FT.... It's not like the AE at all... But it's still ACE!
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:17 pm

Josh

M-02 & M-04 are RWD
M-01 & M-03 & M-05 are FWD
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:33 pm

I don't know guys. Call me kill joy but this isn't making me any happy.

For one, it looks like a western Industrial Designer designed the car.
From where I'm standing. It looks too exotic for the Japanese taste.

Next, why are they testing a car that looks nothing like the concept car.
It seems like they used a hatch-back Lexus.
Aerodynamics will be totally off.

Another, the total essence of the AE86 is taken away as the entire car is mixed with a foreign blood (Subaru).

Of course, it looks great and I should hope it perform great too.
But saying that it's a descendant of the AE86 just makes me ask more questions.

I guess it's Toyota's fault that they didn't continue the Hachi Roku legacy on a regular basis.
i.e. : like Nissan's Skyline. Atleast we weren't so shocked to see the complete transformation of the R34 to the R35.
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:50 pm

toyota did continue the AE86 but in a sedan form and front wheel drive took over the market after AE86 there is AE88 ,89, 90 and so on up to 101 i think.

only lately they realized that the AE86 has a potential to be a really good car and a drifter and not like the nissan GT-R's that is born to be a race car.

collaboration with subaru saves toyota money and sharing of technologies are now common in the motor industry nowadays.
Back to top Go down
RC_joe
Test Driver

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:01 pm

thumbs_up good point ian!,thanx for the blast from the past,i never knew that toyota had updated versions of the AE86..thats valuable info.thanx
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:53 pm

Yeah, you know your cars Sir Ian!

Wasn't it replaced by the AE92? From what I know, the AE85 and the AE86 were the only 2 RWD Corolla's ever made.

Last edited by Abdul Basit on Mon May 28, 2012 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Agreed...they did continue the model numbering...but what about the performance?

The AE86, correct me if I'm wrong, was the last RWD corolla.
And that, I believe, is what seperated it from it's younger corolla brothers.

Plus I doubt that this FT86 will have the 'corolla' tag.

I guess we can forget about the N/A engine of the AE86 that we all know and love.
The AE86 was a humble car. This is your typical 'showy' sports car.

So for me, no they aren't related.
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:52 pm

.j0sh wrote:
Agreed...they did continue the model numbering...but what about the performance?

The AE86, correct me if I'm wrong, was the last RWD corolla.
And that, I believe, is what seperated it from it's younger corolla brothers.

Plus I doubt that this FT86 will have the 'corolla' tag.

Correct in both cases Josh. The engine outputs have always been the same. Put a good condition AE86 and a 92 on the Dyno, you'll get the same figures. It's just that the RWD version was a good drifter...

Actually Josh, this isn't even an official Hachi Roku or AE86, or a corolla. It's an FT86. Period. Now it's our imagination that tells us that it's a decendant of the legendary 'Eight six.

What Toyota has done here, is that they've finally brought a RWD coupe back to their line up. It's been a while since the Supra left the line up back in 2002 with the JZ specs.

...So yeah... This isn't really a Hachi Roku people.. It's just another RWD coupe... It's specifications are SIMILIAR to the Hachi Roku... AND THAT IS ALL. This IS NOT a Hachi Roku.
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:58 pm

what about the Toyota Soarer? I believe it's quite competitive in the drift scene.
Hehe.

Sorry for flaming your topic Abdul.
I was just expressing my own opinions.

Peace dude. =)

Note to All:
Do not believe everything on Wikipedia. They aren't always 100% true and complete.
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:06 pm

Isn't the Toyota Soarer discontinued? I thought both, the Lexus, and the Toyota versions are discontinued... Back in 2004 if I'm right? I'll never forget that winged lion emblem though...

You weren't flamming blum3
You were expressing your own opinion, it's all cool. Sorry if I made it sound like I was ticked off, trust me, I was CENTURIES away... blum3

Come to think of it... Even if it isn't like the AE86 (it has no reason to be like it, it's just that the AE86 is one of the most bad ass cars that Toyota have ever made/discontinued pointlessly), it should have been more JDM.
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:43 pm

Abdul Basit wrote:
Isn't the Toyota Soarer discontinued? I thought both, the Lexus, and the Toyota versions are discontinued... Back in 2004 if I'm right? I'll never forget that winged lion emblem though...

I know it's discontinued. I was just mentioning it.
=P

Abdul Basit wrote:
Come to think of it... Even if it isn't like the AE86 (it has no reason to be like it, it's just that the AE86 is one of the most bad ass cars that Toyota have ever made/discontinued pointlessly), it should have been more JDM.

Maybe we have to look at Toyota on a worldwide market?
They might be trying to satisfy everyone without focusing on only one target market.
So they have to cut back on costs and so on, just to release a new idea.

Again, my opinion.
=)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hachi Roku is BACK!   Hachi Roku is BACK! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hachi Roku is BACK!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next