DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East Vote_lcapNewbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East Voting_barNewbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East Vote_rcap 
Jay
Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East Vote_lcapNewbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East Voting_barNewbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East

Go down 
+7
biker_jet
Abdul Basit
J.Drift
maldito
jebjeb
Jay
crom2k1
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
crom2k1
Test Driver
crom2k1

Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East Empty
PostSubject: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Hello fellow drifters! anyone here near my location(Al Mamzar Center)?
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:25 pm

welcome to the forums bro.. im not sure if we have one from mamzar but we have a lot from sharjah.. and as far as al ain, abu dhabi and oman aswell lol

hope you could join us on our weekend sessions clown
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
crom2k1
Test Driver
crom2k1

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:31 pm

sure, time and place ?
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:35 pm

welcome to the site crom! smile please feel free to brwose and hope you find it interesting. come to our weekly drift and touring sessions
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:50 pm

crom2k1 wrote:
sure, time and place ?
check out the scrolling marquee below the dubdrift banner at the 1st page of the site.. all you need to know regarding our regular weekend sessions are there bro clown

BTW we all run on EP kits ok.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
crom2k1
Test Driver
crom2k1

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:21 pm

yep, i have EP. But I need expert advice on my car. It seems too hard to control. That's why I was asking if anyone is near my location. So I can tweak it before weekend.
Back to top Go down
maldito
Driver
maldito

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:54 pm

no prob bro, just bring your kit on our wekend meets, youll sure get a lot of helping hands there . . .

welcome to Dubdrift . . .
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 3:37 pm

welcome to our forum bro im sure you will enjoy your stay :cheers:

with regards to your kit can you share it to us just post it to our picture thread for us to have an idea on tuning your kit smile
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/
crom2k1
Test Driver
crom2k1

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 4:57 pm

Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East Img_1211
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 5:43 pm

nice kit you have there man is that a OFNA EP kit ?

you want to use it for Drifting or touring ? because both class has diffrent settings smile
Back to top Go down
crom2k1
Test Driver
crom2k1

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 5:45 pm

I'm trying to set it for drifting, but I dunno how to lock rear differential. T_T
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 5:57 pm

"Locking" the differential is basically stopping it from working...

You can achieve that by tightening it. I doubt you have a ball diff, so you can use nitro tubing to block to TIGHTEN your differential.
That is an effective, but temporary option. I would recommend that at first, so you can find out wether if you like it or not...

Then there are the long term methods...
You can fill it up with blu-tac, hard to remove, but unless you are a real maniac it won't open up during the run...And it works well.

You can use JB-Weld (the real worlds way of getting a LSD...For the poorer people)...
That is permanent, and will give you no differential action EVER. Unless you are a really, really crazy driver...But still...You'd have to be MAD.

Or...You can purchase a spool. A spool is a device that replaces the planetary gears inside the differential casing, and causes the differential to rotate in one way only.

It's called a diff locker, direct drive (for us tamiya fans), spool, and plenty of other names exist...

How old are you?
I'm 14.

Oh wait you're twice my age...Oh well.

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
crom2k1
Test Driver
crom2k1

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Anyone drifting with unlocked differential?
Back to top Go down
biker_jet
Test Driver
biker_jet

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 6:07 pm

me
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 6:10 pm

I am...With my TA05, they are a bit tight, but the differential action is fairly noticable.
Lot's of people drift (maybe not here, but across the globe) with opened differentials, lot's of people drift with locked ones...

It's all preference, that's why I said tighten it, if you like it, spend a buck, if not, then you just saved yourself time and money.

I used to use my TT01 with opened differentials, then after getting a direct drive, I realised I had been wasting time...The end is MUCH easier to kick out when a spool in the rear.

People agree, people disagree. It's about what YOU like...

Hope I helped.

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
crom2k1
Test Driver
crom2k1

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 6:13 pm

aight, so its not necessary to lock it for drifting.

You suggest low or high ride height for better control ?
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 6:17 pm

crom2k1 wrote:
aight, so its not necessary to lock it for drifting.

You suggest low or high ride height for better control ?

Nothing is necessary (except for the obvious), but you might realise a few months from now that you had been silly...And that a spool makes life easier.

Low ride height is better for the straights (for racing), and higher ride height is better around the corners (for drifting)...

Start by lowering it just a liiitttllee bit, notice the difference, work from there. If you don't like, set it back to stock, or increase the height...

Like I said, it's all about what YOU like... smile

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
crom2k1
Test Driver
crom2k1

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 6:18 pm

I can't wait for Saturday. You guys are nice and helpful.
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 6:37 pm

welcome crom!

hope you enjoy your time on dubdrift!
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:02 pm

you can drift even you rear diff is unlockked but you cannot make a perfect dift on tight corner & back flip smile locked help your kit slide more smile
Back to top Go down
crom2k1
Test Driver
crom2k1

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:08 pm

thanks for the tip guys, i'll try what i can do.

I'm planning to remove the ball bearings, put silicon sealant and tighten the screws. I'll update when its done.
Back to top Go down
bong
Chase Driver
bong

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 8:40 pm

welcome crom2k1.

if you have a thin double sided tape, try to use it instead of silicon sealant, put it between the ball diff gear and diff plates but without the metal balls then tighten the diffs but not too much to avoid damaging the thrust bearing.

its what i did to my ball diff and it is still as tight as the day i made it.

best thing about this method is it's easily reversible so keep those metal balls aside incase you want to return it to normal function.

just a note, locked diffs put a lot of strain on the diff joint or cup, if yours are plastic, they could break after some time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kodakcinelabs.ae
crom2k1
Test Driver
crom2k1

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 8:46 pm

bong wrote:
welcome crom2k1.

if you have a thin double sided tape, try to use it instead of silicon sealant, put it between the ball diff gear and diff plates but without the metal balls then tighten the diffs but not too much to avoid damaging the thrust bearing.

its what i did to my ball diff and it is still as tight as the day i made it.

best thing about this method is it's easily reversible so keep those metal balls aside incase you want to return it to normal function.

just a note, locked diffs put a lot of strain on the diff joint or cup, if yours are plastic, they could break after some time.

I did put silicon paste right now, but it still slips. Maybe because I need to tighten the screws a lil bit more.

I'll try double sided tape if I can find one here.

What chassis are you using?
Back to top Go down
bong
Chase Driver
bong

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 8:59 pm

i have a tamiya ta05 ifs and a tb evo 5 which both have ball diff. the tb evo is shaft driven like yours.

perhaps the silicon is still wet, besides since its not solid it tends to go into the holes and sides leaving nothing between the diff plates and the gear. with thin double sided tape the moment you stick it, it wont move as long as the parts are free of dirt and grease. i still have some tape with me unfortunately im here in al ghusais.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kodakcinelabs.ae
crom2k1
Test Driver
crom2k1

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:17 pm

you are near my place. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East   Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie drifter from Hor Al Anz East
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next