DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Newbie drifter Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Newbie drifter Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Newbie drifter Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Newbie drifter Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Newbie drifter Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Newbie drifter Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Newbie drifter Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Newbie drifter Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Newbie drifter Vote_lcapNewbie drifter Voting_barNewbie drifter Vote_rcap 
Jay
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Newbie drifter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
theo.5388
Mechanic
theo.5388

Newbie drifter Empty
PostSubject: Newbie drifter   Newbie drifter EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:58 pm

Good day gentlemen.

I'm Theo, from South Africa. I've had a little drift car for well over a year, but only started using it yesterday.

I love DIY stuff, so I bought an HPI Cup Racer kit. Problem is, when I start building something like this, I don't stop until its finished. In this case it meant almost 2 days of constant building. Once I finished, it just wasn't running right. And, somehow, I just never got around to pulling it apart to see whats wrong.

Last week a friend of mine bought a petrol dune buggy and we decided to make a weekend of stripping and cleaning the cars. That's when I discovered why mine didn't work right. Perhaps due to the lack of sleep during the build, I somehow swapped the rear ball bearing diff and the front gear diff scratch

Once I figured that out I put it all together again and got the battery charged. Unfortunately the battery still isn't 100%. It's suppose to have up to 5000mAh (it's a DTX 5000), but sometimes it charges up to just under 4000, and other times only to around 350 (any tips to save the battery? it's been on about 4 discharge-charge cycles).

But for the hour or so time that I have been able to play, I absolutely love drifting. I must say, it's not quite as difficult as I thought it would be (although I know I would need tons more practice to become really good at it), perhaps the countless hours of NFS Shift drifting has helped very happy

I was big into tuning my proper car, but have stopped that now, so RC drifting is the new hobby. I've already made a list of all the upgraded parts I want to get.

Current setup:
HPI Cup Racer - Drift
Toyota Levin body
LRP Eraser 13.5T motor
LRP ESC
DTX 5000 battery
Futaba S3305 servo
Futaba Magnum T3PM radio (75 MHz)

I think the first new bits I'll get will be another Levin body (to be painted black) and some nice new white wheels.

I've got an HPI Super Light System which will go into the new body too.

Happy drifting!
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

Newbie drifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter   Newbie drifter EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 9:20 pm

welcome to the forums Theo. . . . . . feel free to post questions and i'm sure a lot of guys will answer it. . . . very happy
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

Newbie drifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter   Newbie drifter EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:25 pm

Welcome to the forums man.. your running on 1:12 shaft kit.. interesting! Use to run on shafts here but got tired of all the DIY mods for counter steering and switched to belts. Would love to go back to shaft soon when RWD kit kicks in.

Join us on our session this friday.. click on the announcement below the site banner for details.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
theo.5388
Mechanic
theo.5388

Newbie drifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter   Newbie drifter EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 3:33 am

Jay wrote:
Welcome to the forums man.. your running on 1:12 shaft kit.. interesting! Use to run on shafts here but got tired of all the DIY mods for counter steering and switched to belts. Would love to go back to shaft soon when RWD kit kicks in.

Join us on our session this friday.. click on the announcement below the site banner for details.

By 1:12 I'm guessing you're talking about the final drive ratio. Haven't got a clue what to do with those figures lol (yes yes, i know, I've got a ton more reading to do). is 1:12 good?

Thanks for the invite for friday, I might join you guys actually. Until what time do you guys usually go? As Im in Al Ain, it's not idea to drive through for something that only lasts an hour or 2. I see you guys are having a bit of trouble getting a place to meet up and have fun; in Al Ain there is quite a big hobby park, with dedicated RC track(s). I haven't been there in ages though, but perhaps you guys could use it

thanks for the welcome guys
Back to top Go down
Noscire4
Driver
Noscire4

Newbie drifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter   Newbie drifter EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 12:32 pm

theo.5388 wrote:
Jay wrote:

By 1:12 I'm guessing you're talking about the final drive ratio. Haven't got a clue what to do with those figures lol (yes yes, i know, I've got a ton more reading to do). is 1:12 good?

Thanks for the invite for friday, I might join you guys actually. Until what time do you guys usually go? As Im in Al Ain, it's not idea to drive through for something that only lasts an hour or 2. I see you guys are having a bit of trouble getting a place to meet up and have fun; in Al Ain there is quite a big hobby park, with dedicated RC track(s). I haven't been there in ages though, but perhaps you guys could use it

Hey Theo.. Welcome to the forum... hope to see you slide with us soon, we have a member from Al Ain too but at the moment his in the Philippines...

The 1:12 is the scale/size of your kit, we use 1:10 scale rc Drift kit as this is more tweekable ( dont know if this word exist Lol ) anyway you can run any size though but just a suggestion...

Drive ratio comes from your gearing setup (pulleys, pinions, spur).....

i've learned this things from the Pro's here in the forum so stay in touch and more question you post more knowledge about the hobby you will learn...

See U Sliding... driving
Back to top Go down
http://extremehobbiestrading.greensmedia.com/index.htm
theo.5388
Mechanic
theo.5388

Newbie drifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter   Newbie drifter EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Noscire4 wrote:
theo.5388 wrote:
Jay wrote:

Hey Theo.. Welcome to the forum... hope to see you slide with us soon, we have a member from Al Ain too but at the moment his in the Philippines...

The 1:12 is the scale/size of your kit, we use 1:10 scale rc Drift kit as this is more tweekable ( dont know if this word exist Lol ) anyway you can run any size though but just a suggestion...

Drive ratio comes from your gearing setup (pulleys, pinions, spur).....

i've learned this things from the Pro's here in the forum so stay in touch and more question you post more knowledge about the hobby you will learn...

See U Sliding... driving

ah right. DUH! laughing FDR would be the other way round 12:1 lol. anyways, is it a 1:12? I'm not too sure, as they describe it as a "True Ten" model
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

Newbie drifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter   Newbie drifter EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Quote :
The Cup Racer is 1/10 mini (some may classified it as a 1/12 scale) that have a short wheelbase than a regular 1/10 touring car. It also used slightly smaller wheel. Would be perfect to race against other mini class chassis such as Tamiya MO3.

Here's a size comparison between a TA04 and a cup racer.

Newbie drifter 3697927251_1492ce62ef_z

Size doesnt matter though as long as were having fun! Hope to see you this friday man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Sponsored content

Newbie drifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie drifter   Newbie drifter Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie drifter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DubDrift :: Member Central :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: