DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 Vote_lcapProposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 Voting_barProposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 Vote_lcapProposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 Voting_barProposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Proposed AutomodEx Race Track

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
Administrator
Jay

Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 Empty
PostProposed AutomodEx Race Track

2010FEB09 UPDATE

for EP we get the full technical layout, for GP less twist and more flat-outs, for minis a lot of left and right turns, less straight.

Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 20100209automodex

anymore comments guys.. we need to finalize this by today clown

____________________________________________________________________________________
2010FEB07 UPDATE

This is to inform you that Automodex have decided to remove the OFF-ROAD Track categories for the following reasons:

•Only 5 participants registered on line for 2 weeks campaign
•Off Road Track is really hard to set-up

Thus, we will go back to the original track layout.

Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 20100207automodex

made some changes to meet the standards clown

____________________________________________________________________________________
2010JAN25 UPDATE

we were ask to divide the track in two to give way for the off-road track. so now we have 20X30 meters for each, on-road and off-road. ive already done some few sketches for the onroad track but im afraid the track width stays at 3.5m.

Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 20100125automodex

2009DEC07 UPDATE

revised layout based on drivers comments..

Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 Automodexmodel

After a week of planning we’re finally done with the proposed layout for touring, drifting and drag
racing which we will be using for the comming automodex event.

FULL SIZE
Proposed AutomodEx Race Track - Page 3 Automodexmodel

Your comments and suggestions are welcomed. Feel free to offer any comments you may have about the layout. Suggestions on which materials to use. As of now i think this wont be a permanent one so its gonna be stored and be used for future events.

clown

Last edited by altimeters on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:26 pm; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : pit entry edited)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Share this post on: reddit

Proposed AutomodEx Race Track :: Comments

cathurga
Re: Proposed AutomodEx Race Track
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:01 pm by cathurga
Nice....that definately is cool..
J.Drift
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:13 pm by J.Drift
how i wish were going to have a permanent track like this sad
Jay
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:18 pm by Jay
i might change the direction counter clockwise to place the pit entry on a slower part of the track.. much more safer i think.

@jon lets make this event a good one so autodrome would make it a permanent one :Clown:
paul
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:24 pm by paul
i reckon you should leave it the way it is!

like you said before, we arent gonna be pitting as part of the race so should be fine....
Jay
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:45 pm by Jay
yup the use of pit stops during a race is gonna be rare.. cars pitting in would definetly slow down.. what concerns me is cars crashing into the pits lol
a fast straight is pointed into the pits.. what do you think?
Jay
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:53 pm by Jay
i think your right paul.. i guess everyone would just have to learn the track. i like it too the way it is clown
paul
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:54 pm by paul
i see your point lol... but i reckon it should be fine...

if we're not using the pits during races it shouldnt be an issue...i reckon there'll be plenty crashes all over the track so its not gonna make any difference...hahaha
tractorboy
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:04 pm by tractorboy
I like the layout, having a long start finish straight will make things a lot of fun.

If this goes well, do you think there could be a more regular event at the autodrome? It seems like there is a lot of empty space around the autodrome which is barley used, so they may be interested in having a semi permeant track
Jay
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:45 pm by Jay
im not sure about autodrome in making this one a permanent track for rc fanatics, but im sure about DEO that this will not be the last. what would they do with all the track equipments like the lap timming system, rubber track materials, driver stand etc. those stuff really costs a lot, i hope they're not planning on stocking it up in some warehouse in sharjah and let it rot clown
paul
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:53 pm by paul
lets hope we have an overwhelming response for the automodex show, and maybe just maybe someone will see the following RC has and decides to support us!

its a long shot but hopefully we can loads of people down and involved....like jay says it would be sad to see all that stuff go to waste....
sideslider
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 pm by sideslider
hmmm.........i have to send out more apps for more racing classes this weekend, as ofnow im only a participant in the 1:10 mini class,,,,,,,,can anyone say........JAWS IS BACK!!!!!
Jay
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:16 pm by Jay
sideslider wrote:
hmmm.........i have to send out more apps for more racing classes this weekend, as ofnow im only a participant in the 1:10 mini class,,,,,,,,can anyone say........JAWS IS BACK!!!!!

errr.. sorry cant say it.
but i'd say that this post really helps a lot with the construction of the track lol

anyway nothing to see here guys, lets get back to topic and make this event happen clown
cathurga
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:09 am by cathurga
Jay,

Here's a poser for you...we need to check where the bridge start/finish is going to be in relation to the drivers stand or race director/scorer....remember we only have about 50ft of cable so it needs to be fairly available....
Jay
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:54 pm by Jay
andy ive indicated locations which i think is best for the bridge on the email ive sent just now. option1 is located on the last corner before entering the pits and the second option is located infront of the drivers stand crossing the pits aswell.. with the 2nd option we need to have a longer bridge and more sensors.

btw we should give robert the infos regarding bridge requirements too.
Samaj
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:27 pm by Samaj
Will we get a chance to test the track for a mock race before ?
Jay
Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:15 am by Jay
i think there will be, once the track is done. im just not sure yet when. will let everyone know ones we get news from the organizers bro clown
cathurga
Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:49 pm by cathurga
Well,

I have just seen the entrants for the Automodex gig, and I have to say, I am nothing short of disappointed......seems to me there is a LOT of HOT AIR on this site, a lot of bartering, trading (insults and goods, but no paint) and all sorts of rubbish....but most of all, I am pretty tired of hearing people WHINGE, COMPLAIN and MUTTER-MUTTER about how nobody ever GIVES you a track, PAYS for you to come and ride on it, and give you FREE presents to boot....!!!
No wonder that trak in Creek Park closed down! Because NOBODY got off their BACKSIDES to do anything about it....

There are a handful of people here who seem keen, some old, some young, but by and large it seems like an empty promise.

Go check your calendar, make some arrangements, and get involved....we could even use some VOLUNTEERS who would be willing to get their hands dirty.....stand up and be counted!!

Here we have some interested party, upon whom we can push the hobby into the light and get people to come and join, and hardly anyone from here has entered...???

I am an older representative, perhaps the younger ones will understand when I say...

OMG......FTW......WTF?????

If ANYONE would like to join this event, take the time to register.....OR send me a mail with your details and you can be manually entered....just do it...

CLASSES
DRIFT ADVANCED 5
DRIFT NOVICE 2
GT MODIFIED (Outlaw) 5
GT STOCK (Mayhem) 7
MINI 7
NITRO MOD 2
NITRO STOCK 1
TOTAL ENTRANTS 17
paul
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:24 am by paul
Come on guys this is really bad, to be honest we have more guys running on a regular Saturday!

Please tell spread the word and let's make this a success!
Jay
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:40 am by Jay
thats what ive been trying to tell everyone.. if we want to make this event a success, we have to register on every class we want to participate in at the automodex website. or else this wont happen again or might not happen at all.

me and reck was told by majdi and robert not to race cause were gonna do this and do that during the event, so we never did register on any of the classes. but we want to race too you know, so still we have our hopes and prepare our kits for each class we plan on joining in and while doing that we were also helping the automodex guys in preparing the event.

so since our last meeting with the automodex together with andy.. i think we might be able to join the races aswell.. that is if everyone helps and gets to be race comitees when they're not racing.

clown
gerg
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:19 am by gerg
I already offered to help out once, never heard anything back, so I'll offer again now.
As for the race days, I don't think it's much effort for people to all pitch in, we are all there anyway and when we are not racing we are just standing.
Marshal, Official, Kit inspections, Race commentator, what ever.........
cathurga
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:06 am by cathurga
Greg,

Help accepted.....Race Commentator sounds like your game very happy cheers!

Its not really just the help, I am more conerned that we have 17 people participating....and 5 of them are Nitro guys, and not regulars amongst us.....that's whats weird...understandably, some are in Al-Ain, Abu Dhabi and Oman..(as well as some peeps from overseas) but surely we cn do better than 17...?? I also understand the youngsters that cannot get there etc, but they should get their parents to get involved LOL

Anyway, I think I have added a few extras ....so all things being good, we could probably fill 10 racers in each class....its the drifters that are looking a bit 'thin on the ground'
chardiboi
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:03 am by chardiboi
i've registered eathan a long time back. . . in 3 events. . . and i've even set my annual leave for 2010 on those dates. . (how involved is that? smile )

If there are no issues regarding me being a parent of one of the competitors, i can also help judging the drift competition. . . .

And if they can provide a 2m x 2m area there, and dump a bunch rocks to it,. . . i'd be more than happy to show crawling demos with paul smile

smile
J.Drift
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:55 am by J.Drift
For those who havent register just spend maybe 5mins of your time to fill up the registration form.

this event will help our community grow. bounce

Last edited by J.Drift on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
jebjeb
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:04 am by jebjeb
i know i already registered in 2 events... drifting and GT (stock and outlaw) at automodex site but not sure if it went thru.. smile

is there anyway we can see if our names are in the list?
cathurga
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:25 am by cathurga
I have all the names, they were provided to me because I need to set up the heats etc, so I know who is registered and who is not. cool

Anyway, I may have increased the numbers to about 21 and we are SLOWLY getting it together.

Richard, your help will be appreciated and Eathan is registered in the events. I am sure the judging offer will be appreciated, given your command of the skill....

@Jay and Eric, I know you are members of the comittee....but you are also racers and you will be racing.... smile ..(even if you have to drive badly and let others win....)
Post  by Sponsored content

Proposed AutomodEx Race Track

Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next