DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Counter-Steer Philosophy Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Counter-Steer Philosophy Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Counter-Steer Philosophy Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Counter-Steer Philosophy Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Counter-Steer Philosophy Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Counter-Steer Philosophy Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Counter-Steer Philosophy Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Counter-Steer Philosophy Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Counter-Steer Philosophy Vote_lcapCounter-Steer Philosophy Voting_barCounter-Steer Philosophy Vote_rcap 
Jay
Counter-Steer Philosophy Vote_lcapCounter-Steer Philosophy Voting_barCounter-Steer Philosophy Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Counter-Steer Philosophy

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

Counter-Steer Philosophy Empty
PostCounter-Steer Philosophy

CS = Counter-steer.

Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Share this post on: reddit

Counter-Steer Philosophy :: Comments

caloyski
Re: Counter-Steer Philosophy
Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:02 pm by caloyski
TFS lance!
very useful video!
members, take note of this video and review...
now we need to do a lot of practice.. driving
Jay
Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:11 pm by Jay
This is a very very very precise info on what everyone on CS should be doing.. as bandit always said we should also keep this in mind when judging.

So start practicing your driving technics properly as per the video tutorial.. high CS percent wont do you any good unless your driving it the right way very happy

TFS Lance!!!
Noscire4
Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:15 pm by Noscire4
TFS Lance.. we could learn a lot from this 2thumbsup ..... i guess i need to bring a buzzer blum3 on our next Drift meet and DC...
caloyski
Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:59 pm by caloyski
yes!
a LOUD BUZZER would be great!
Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:04 pm by Duane
Guys, I could easily build an in car system with a buzzer that looks at the direction the car is moving and where the wheels are pointed to flag when counter steer is broken. It would be just as easy to add some kind of a scoring system like a set of leds that get turned off one after another each time counter steer is broken - something like having ten lives at the start of a run, then add a scoring component for each life remaining after the run - or make it time based, start a run with 20 seconds and eat away at the seconds whenever the car has broken counter steer.

Easy to do, might be a fun project for me, BUT - it might make drifting competitions a bit less fun.

Any comments ?

Duane.
Jay
Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:52 am by Jay
It's gonna be too much work for you Duane but thats one great idea. Its gonna sound like a lipo cut off buzzer everytime you make a wrong move.

Things to take in mind though, how hard you think would it be to transfer a system like that from car to car during competitions with 30 participants? It shouldnt be heavy as it might affect the cars balance/performance. It should also be compatible to all types of chassis cause theres gonna be shafts and belt drives with front, mid and rear motors.

Scoring system should also be noted since judging a drift comp is not just about the steering angle, Its also about clipping points, pressure, fluidity and style.

If not we can always make a new stage for this one.. CS buzzer challenge.. I'm sure we'll be hearing lots of buzzing thru out the event very happy

Last edited by Jay on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:07 am by Duane
Hi,
I already have everything I need for this project in the Yaw Control system that I tested at ProRC Recently. I am working on a new smaller and more adjustable version of that system so the existing system is available for me to use in a new project once the new design is completed.

I might build it just for the hell or it, the problems I can see in using the system in competition is that you would need to plug the system between the steering channel and receiver - size and weight can be taken care of but I cannot eliminate the time it would take to plugin the servo and receiver.

Its a neat enough idea so watch this space - I particularly like the idea of a strip of LEDs that countdown for every 1/10th of a second you spend with broken counter steer.

Duane.

Jay
Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:39 am by Jay
You should start practicing your drifts then Duane very happy keep us posted!
dark_drift
Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:37 pm by dark_drift
TFS lance.. 2thumbsup
now i know how it works.. very happy
Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:08 am by Bandit
Hmmmmm countersteer all the time!
mc drift
Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:27 pm by mc drift
had a little chat with team kyokuro few days ago...this is what he said...

"Kyokuro Drift-Sports
hello! In regards to your question, it is difficult to answer without knowing your driving style. but maybe we can help by giving an example of our way of thinking. our driving style is based off of rolling the front tires and sliding the rear tires. our suspension is set up to utilize the natural rotation of a CS chassis. We keep the front weight down as much as possible, but not so much that we cannot transfer weight around. Our front suspension is set for slower rebound which helps keep the weight over the front wheels giving them some traction. The rear is set to be more springy to help lift the weight off the rear tires promoting slide. So basically , the front spring is pre-loaded less than the rear. for shock oil the front is thicker for slower rebound and the rear is thinner for faster rebound. My setup is 250 front and 200 rear. others on our team are average 300 and 200.
Also, we keep our epa's at max so we can fully utilize our cars' overall performance. i know it can be confusing, but i hope we helped some. feel free to ask us anytime my friend"

hope we get some ideas from him... driving
Jay
Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:56 pm by Jay
Always interested to know what setup others are runnin on very happy
TFS carlo!!!
dulli
Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:11 pm by dulli
I think tyre's and motor turns also make a huge difference! If you run a really hard tyre that basically has zero grip you can slowly CS all the time as you dont have any traction this might explain why they have there EPA's at full.

I think its down to tyres and not as much with the supension if you've already had it set up.

Jay
Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:47 pm by Jay
Zero grip tyres wont get us anywhere but skills will very happy We need to consider this on our next competitions!
dulli
Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:35 pm by dulli
We also need a fixed track so that we can practice this! As our track change all the time we dont have endless hours to perfect this so called 'CS' LOL

Jay
Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:08 pm by Jay
I agree man.. long back we would have the same chalk track for a month and do a small DC on the 4th weekend. Everyone would be there and show-up their hard earned days of practice and their killer setups for a tandem battle at the end of every month. Mostly no prizes man even the guys from auh shows up at 8am in the morning at area2.

Today weekend sessions are already dead.. most drifters only come when theres an event.. well atleast most of them. I miss the normal weekend drift sessions were we just practice and do crazy fun stuffs just for the heck of it.

Time has changed a lot.. well not exactly the time very happy

Last edited by Jay on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
caloyski
Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:11 pm by caloyski
smoke
Jay
Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:30 pm by Jay
caloyski wrote:
smoke
..and then this guy's going as well thumb_down
Noscire4
Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:03 pm by Noscire4
Jay wrote:
I agree man.. long back we would have the same chalk track for a month and do a small DC on the 4th weekend. Everyone would be there and show-up their hard earned days of practice and their killer setups for a tandem battle at the end of every month. Mostly no prizes man even the guys from auh shows up at 8am in the morning at area2.

Today weekend sessions are already dead.. most drifters only come when theres an event.. well atleast most of them. I miss the normal weekend drift sessions were we just practice and do crazy fun stuffs just for the heck it.

Time has changed a lot.. well not exactly the time very happy

Weekend sessions are already dead!!....i guess the reason behind is most of us is just waiting for someone to initiate an invite for a weekend Drift Meet ...i guess initiative is a big factor...

Or maybe this is seasonal as Summer heat is another factor at this days, there are few months to go before Winter neutral so guys don't lose hope.....

I agree on having a permanent track to practice for a month and use the same track on the Drift Battle... So track Master Jay... please arrange track during meets as usual...

I will be there at anytime any place just let me know... clapping

sandrock_22
Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:27 pm by sandrock_22
ok let set up this friday after iftar very happy
chardiboi
Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:59 pm by chardiboi
And to add to that. . . . drifters also MUST NEED to know at least how to judge a competition. . . we all know we don't have any permanent judge. . . so drifters have to know the basics, or have a refresher course on how to judge a drift tandem. . . . what is a lead car and what is a chase car. . . . what is drifting, and what is racing. . . . and so on an so forth. . . . because it can be so frustrating to lose a tandem just because of a bad call from a judge. . . . . no offense to anyone. . . just MHO. . . . . very happy

Last edited by chardiboi on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
mc drift
Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:15 am by mc drift
tyres?..maybe a part of it since team kyokuro are the one who developed raikou drift tyres..
we at auh we have this permanent chalk track which is running for how many months now..and since its the peak of summer, usually we all tend to hide in our room..most of us will gave up due to heat but not me or j.drift and neither of the auh boys..for me drifting is passion..i never quit.

i heard in manila that cs drifters have an OD of 40% as a base..then they will play around the tuning or tweaking this is to prove that you dont need a monster OD/CS to sustain countersteering. in japan, in my observation drift slowly but smoothly. in malaysia, indonesia and philippines are more of speed. lets keep the fire burning! twisted evil
caloyski
Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:25 am by caloyski
you can always count on me during fridays...
dulli
Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:18 am by dulli
You can count on me anytime anywhere most days of the week! smile
Post  by Sponsored content

Counter-Steer Philosophy

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next