DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES*** Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES*** Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES*** Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES*** Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES*** Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES*** Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES*** Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES*** Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES*** Vote_lcap***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES*** Voting_bar***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES*** Vote_rcap 
Jay
***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES*** Vote_lcap***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES*** Voting_bar***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES*** Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES***

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES*** Empty
Post***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES***

Hey Guys

Was talking with Ian and think it would be good to start setting up some events for early next year, the weather is great now and we need to take advantage.

What would be great is if we could setup one saturday each month (possibly the last saturday of every month) for an event of sorts - wether it be touring, minis or enduro. This way we can keep the race energy alive and all have regular races to look forward too! The key here will be to keep it fun and get people involved!

Suggestions and race formats for these events would be greatly appreciated.

Due to the great success of the Great Mini enduro i suggest we kick start the year with:

" MINI ENDURO! - 12 FEB"

Looking to keep the format the same as before just minus the break in the middle and reducing the overall time to 60 minutes.

To give guys time to get back from holidays and get their cars race prepped, I suggest we look to do it on the...........

We can then follow up the enduro with a Touring race of sorts in February!

RULES FOR "THE NEW YEAR MINI ENDURO" - 12 FEB

• Meet at 14h00 for setup and scrutineering and entry. Latecomers will be penalised for letting other people do all the setup and preparation alone
  • Racing starts at 15h00 SHARP!
  • Teams of 2, with each team having one car in the race, and as many spare cars available as you want.
  • The person NOT driving MUST do marshalling duty
  • 60 min Race Duration
  • 2 COMPULSORY pitstops of minimum 30 secs each - Battery change compulsory (so there is no advantage for people running higher mAh packs)
  • Pitstops will be recorded.
  • Backup cars will ONLY be allowed on the track if the previous car CANNOT PHYSICALLY DRIVE. This is not a relay race.
  • Backup cars will remain with race officials until requested, it must be replaced by the disabled car.
  • No works will be permitted on cars, while a team car is on the track. You either chose to repair the broken car, or replace it.
  • It is the TEAMS responsibility to ensure that ONLY ONE TRANSPONDER IS USED PER TEAM. It s your responsibility to ensure that it is changed to the new car if a replacement is made.

DRIVERS LIST

1. Paul
2. Andy
3. Ian
4. Greg
5. Gaston
7. Mister-E

Last edited by paul on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:51 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
Share this post on: reddit

***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES*** :: Comments

jebjeb
Re: ***MINI ENDURO - 12 FEB - LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES***
Post Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:54 pm by jebjeb
yes yes yes!!! a regular enduro and not just drive around the track. that should keep us all busy with our minis smile

sideslider
Post Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:23 pm by sideslider
i say we go touring ENNDURO this time!!!!! but if no one's interested we'll stick to minis
LaNcE
Post Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:24 pm by LaNcE
Minis! very happy
Post Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:12 pm by Duane
Minis

Duane
Samaj
Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:51 am by Samaj
I love the idea. But cannot make it on 22nd Jan. My 11 wedding anniversery. If i say i wann go racing .........she'll shop my balls off. wacko
cathurga
Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:12 pm by cathurga
I am in for the 22nd.....it's my birthday that day!

Rules are straightforward and will work. Just a little streamlining on the last rule set. what might be nice is to have a restart in the middle to 'bunch' the field up again? That was the main purpose of the original enduro halfway mark. Maybe race for 62 mins, with 2 mins in the middle? Quick battery change and all on the grid again? Just a suggestion...

Since we are only doing 1 hour, the preparation to get the track set up is about 1 hour too so why dont we try and squeeze a bit of GT action or some FF02 in as well since we are going to the effort of preparing everything?

Maybe 2 or 3 heats of GT.....? The only problem is if people have the time and also the batteries....

I second the penalties for not arriving on time. It's very simple for everyone to muck in and help, it makes everyones job much easiers.
paul
i have no issues with squeezing some extra racing in if everyone is keen and has enough batts!

also if we set up a saturday raceday every month then we can vary the events, we dont have to do an enduro everytime!

maybe for the raceday in feb we can focus on GT's???

andy have you got any interesting ideas for a race format?

PS we'll need to bring some beers cheers to celebrate andy's beerday!

although they'll have to be non alcoholic holstens laughing no drinking and driving
paul
Samaj wrote:
I love the idea. But cannot make it on 22nd Jan. My 11 wedding anniversery. If i say i wann go racing .........she'll shop my balls off. wacko

sam book a weekend away for you and her the week before and celebrate then! then she'll have no problem letting you out for a few hours on the 22nd! wacko
cathurga
Post Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:34 am by cathurga
oooops, just realised the 22nd is my 40th birthday.....I may not be able to make it....

Any reason why we are waiting until then to do this or are people still on holidays? cool
jebjeb
Post Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:25 am by jebjeb
i guess most of us are still on holiday.

advance happy birthday Andy! cheers
Samaj
Post Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:23 pm by Samaj
Iam ok to do it before.
paul
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:11 am by paul
Later is probably better! Give everyone time to get back and get their minis ready!

Let's do it the following week then! Last Saturday in jan! The 29 th I think!

That way everyone can make it!

paul
Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:52 pm by paul
Happy new year guys!

Okay so the new year is here! The 29th is around the corner!

Get your kits ready guys!
paul
Okay so after all that the 29th is now a problem for me as i'll be out of town for work mad mad

Is everyone okay if we move it out till the following weekend the 5 th of February or would you guys prefer to keep it the 29th?

Also can we get a list of drivers entries going? Please put you preference of dates (29th or 5th or both) after your name!

1: Paul - 5 Feb
2:
3:
jebjeb
Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:12 am by jebjeb
Also can we get a list of drivers entries going? Please put you preference of dates (29th or 5th or both) after your name!

1: Paul - 5 Feb
2: Ian - 29, 5, any weekend smile
3:
mister-e
Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:00 pm by mister-e
Paul,

What's the used motor?
Silver can, black can, 13T brushless?
paul
Mr e

Black can, same as the last enduro 2thumbsup
mister-e
Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:53 pm by mister-e
OK, tx.

Sorry for that since I'm not too familiar with the mini.
Will give it a try, together with Gazz.

I'm in!

Just curious, on average how many batteries you need?
What's the condition of the motor like after the 1 hour run? Still usable?
jebjeb
Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:01 pm by jebjeb
on average at least 3 batteries needed. but 2 with high mah will do smile as for the motor, it gets hot but tolerable smile
paul
Ed

3 x 3600mah lipos should be enough, you should get 20+ min per pack quite easily

The black cans are tough and strong, no one had any problems last time and I think everyone is still running the same ones!

mister-e
Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:32 am by mister-e
Tx for all the info.
More questions on the M05.

How do you keep the car from wandering? To keep it running straight?
What's the setup for that?

thankyou
gerg
My M03 used to wander, but I found that it was the tires. Make sure they are glued all the way round, I think mine used to blow little out of shape at full speed, and make the car wander.

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:12 pm by Duane
Hi,
As Greg says a wandering M03 or M05 is almost always down to the tyres ballooning at speed where they are not glued all the way around the rim. Easy to fix with a dab of glue.

If you can get to Ace Hardware, pick up some Gorilla glue, its super glue or CA Glue which we have all used for years to glue tyres to rims, but Gorilla glue includes some rubber in the compound, this gives it a little bit of flex and is designed specifically to give a better bond between something that flexes (our tyres) and something that doesnt (our rims). Given the price of decent tyres it make a lot of sense to use a decent glue.

Duane.
paul
Guys,

With only 4 entries for the enduro there is no point of having the race....

So due to lack of entrants and interest I am going to cancel the mini enduro until further notice! or until interest picks up again clapping

Thanks to the guys who entered, lets hope we can get the racing going again at some point.

Last edited by paul on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DubDrift :: News & Events :: Event Sessions-
Jump to: