DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Brushless - Lipo Set-up Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Brushless - Lipo Set-up Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Brushless - Lipo Set-up Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Brushless - Lipo Set-up Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Brushless - Lipo Set-up Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Brushless - Lipo Set-up Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Brushless - Lipo Set-up Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Brushless - Lipo Set-up Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Brushless - Lipo Set-up Vote_lcapBrushless - Lipo Set-up Voting_barBrushless - Lipo Set-up Vote_rcap 
Jay
Brushless - Lipo Set-up Vote_lcapBrushless - Lipo Set-up Voting_barBrushless - Lipo Set-up Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Brushless - Lipo Set-up

Go down 
+6
J.Drift
Abdul Basit
cathurga
sideslider
speedyAdik
strawb
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

Brushless - Lipo Set-up Empty
PostSubject: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:55 am

i'm planning to upgrade my electricals on my TB-03D to a brushless-lipo combo but im clueless regarding which brand? specs? and cost? would be of a best value for my money ...... im currently running a TAMIYA SPORT TUNED MOTOR (black can) and a Tamiya TEU-302BK ESC ...... i just dont wanna go and say .... i wish i bought that instead? ....

tips and advice sirs ....

thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
http://forcea.multiply.com/
speedyAdik
Driver
speedyAdik

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:18 am

i suggest if you have the funds go for a novak bl system 6.5 balistic
Back to top Go down
sideslider
Chase Driver
sideslider

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:19 am

try checking tese brands

Yeah Racing
Speed passion (thanks Jdrift LOL)
Novak - probably the best of the best
Tamiya Brushless - Expensive
Mamba Max - the fastest production motor out there - ALSO EXPENSIVE

most of these have ready combos that you just plug and play

but if your upgrading for the first time then i reccomend Yeah acing or Speed Passion, they have strong, easy to set-up motors, hevay duty and reliable
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:24 am

For Lipo batteries, you cannot beat the Yeah Racing Combo's they have on rcmart. The 3200Mah is ROAR approved, hard cased and are TRUE 3200Mah batteries. I have 4 units, all of them have been beaten, bashed, charged, discharged, opened, closed and balanced. They have each had at least 20 cycles and they are all going strong. You can get cheaper and bigger, but not necessarily as good quality.

Lipo's will serve you well if you look after them!!! Make sure you charge according to the instructions and ONLY with a Lipo charger.

Motors and ESC combo's are all over the show....personally I have the Hobbywing variants. The 9T is quick, but you will need to gear down a lot....(smaller pinions)
All the HW motors are either an xT or x.5T, the x.5's are a true 540 sized motor, the xT versions are 380 size with large cooling fins....
The 13T is the equivalent of a Sport-Tuned from Tamiya except they are more efficient.

If I had to do it all over again, I would get the Castle Creations Sidewinder with the 4600Kv motor...why? Because the CC ESC is VERY programmable and has a PC USB link and they upgrade the SW regularly....it can be used for Drift, Touring, Crawling and is brushed AND brushless capable...

HW Motor Combo sets go from US$80 shipped to US$120 shipped...

CC Sidewinder combo's go for US$129 and upward....
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:25 am

speedyAdik wrote:
i suggest if you have the funds go for a novak bl system 6.5 balistic

$200 ..... so its around 750 AED? ..... is it available here or on-line only?

read the specs .... nice ..... but how is it compared to its counterparts? meaning cost as per performance ratio?
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:26 am

I'm using a Hobbywing brushless motor, program card, and ESC combo...It's brilliant. It's got everything you need.

Have a look at this if you're going down the lipo road.
http://www.dubdrift.com/technical-discussion-f5/everything-you-need-to-know-about-lipo-batteries-t618.htm

AdBull.

Last edited by Abdul Basit on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:31 am

i dont recommend a very strong motor if you are just starting you will just fist off on the car behavior that you cant control

i experience it before i have a 5700KV mamba sidewinder BL motor i sell it because i cant control so i down grade to that speed passion & it helps me a lot on drifting smile
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:34 am

this is all soooooooo complicated ...... i feel dumber now ..... im trying to grasp all the inputs .... its like making a kid choose which candy he wants ..... or like choosing a G.I. Joe action figure ...

but i think id have to agree with cathurga ..... if ever i upgrade my electricals .... i want to get something which can be used for whatever discipline it may be ....drift, touring, crawling etc. ..... the CC Sidewinder combo sounds very appealing
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:52 am

Nope, dont feel dumb, it is not complicated but there are some rules....

I will agree with J.Drift with regards to OVERpowering.....it seems to me that everyone wants to have the FASTEST.....why....for showing off of course.....and there is no better way to empty out a show-off pockets, than to tell him about the new Mamba Max 9000KV motor!!

The KV of the BL motor refers to the revs per volt....so, with a 3000Kv motor, and a 7.4V battery, you will get 22000rpm (3000 x 7.4) get it? An thus a 9000Kv motor with a 7.4v battery will give you 66000rpm.....ok?

The most affordable, and easiest is the 9T Hobbywing motor, which will give you PLENTY of revs, enough torque to drift and wont cost you a bomb....

The most sensible and versatile is the Castle Sidewinder...but its not the cheapest....
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:02 am

The motor that J.Drift is selling seems to be a decent local offer... smile No waiting, online ordering etc etc..
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:39 am

i actually checked on-line and its selling for $134.99 plus shipping and the wait ....
Back to top Go down
RECKRACING
Administrator
RECKRACING

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:13 pm

Hi Strawb, If you want the Castle Creations, I would recommend the Sidewinder, Its cheaper than the Mamba Max System but its got the same capabilities, I think the only difference is that the Mamba System can be hooked straight to your PC unlike the Sidewinder you need a Castle Link cable (sold separately), but the programming and functions are the same. They made the Sidewinder as an entry level combo thats why its cheaper. You can also use it for brushed motors and its really versatile. The minor drawback I see is that it is not sensored, sensored BL motors in my opinion is best for drifting because you dont experience cogging.
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Hi Reckracing ..... thank you for the advice ..... i read the CC sidewinder specs and for how much its worth it looks like it has a very good COST as per PERFORMANCE ratio ......
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:06 pm

Strawb you cant go wrong with CC sidewinder!

The ESC is great and nice thing is thats is so versatile, and you set it up how you like....wether you are drifting, racing, crawling...anything
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:08 pm

me likey ...... should i order this along with the LCC im planning to get? ..... this hobby is bad ..... soooooooo bad .....
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Make sure the motor you get for the LCC is tried and tested,...and recommended by LOSI, there are some specifics when it comes to worm-axle based crawlers.
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:18 pm

really bad!!!!!

it will work in a LCC, but you will need to set up the ESC properly for the LCC.

you might want to look into Novaks range of crawler specific motors....thing is LCC has worm drive gears which act like a drag brake when no power is applied which is diferent to other crawlers, Novaks new range of ESCs like the GOAT 3S have specific worm drive profiles which are specifically design for the LCC, which just makes setting up much easier!
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 7:47 pm

just to further our discussion regarding brushless - lipo set ups .........

i finally have the speed passion d-manager bl-esc combo set up on my kit .....

id like to ask for tips on what would be a nice above par Ni-Cd/Ni-mh/Li-po charger/discharger/lipo balancer ...... can this be found in just 1 unit? .... if so? .... what brands would you suggest? ..... as well as li-po battery brands?

preferably 220v input so i dont have to worry about plugging it in 110v

i was checking out rcmart and found this?

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-batterylipo-combo-cb0240-extreme-x605-lipo-balance-charger-susumu-battery-p-29669.html?cPath=52_1271

fairly cheap combo i would say ......

any suggestions?

thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:07 pm

That charger would require a step-down, you wont be able to run that on 220V. I have always been partial to Graupner, they are pricey, but are VERY good, well made and the newer ones will do Lipo, Life, lead-acid, Nimh, Nicd....
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:10 pm

I have a dynamite passport ultra, it runs on 220/110AC or 12vDC and it charges anything .....i'm really happy with it.....you can check it out HERE
Back to top Go down
RECKRACING
Administrator
RECKRACING

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:12 pm

One of our guys here, Chris, got a decent charger from ultimate heli near Lamcy, its the same type but different brand, whats nice about it is that its got a built in AC converter so you can use 12V or 220V.
Back to top Go down
RECKRACING
Administrator
RECKRACING

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:34 pm

I think with 3 Lipos its a good deal, I got the same type of charger before, but different brand, with 2 Lipos, I havent encounter any problems yet.
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:41 pm

hi bossing reck ..... i think it is a good deal but the voltage reqt being 110 is kind of a turn off .... and its hard to find a good quality step down transformer which is small enough to bring around ..... but this combo is pretty hard to say no to .....

how are the triton chargers?
Back to top Go down
RECKRACING
Administrator
RECKRACING

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:55 pm

Hey Strawb, the Triton chargers are good, I think Altimeters use this brand but he also use a converter with his, For this SUSUMU you can buy a small 12V converter at 2-5 amps, it will work, I got mine running at 2 amps using an HP computer adaptor and it works.
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 10:01 pm

thanks for the reply reck ..... im highly considering going for this extreme-lipo combo cos its just too good a deal to pass .... its got good reviews from rcmart as well but does anyone here have experience with this brand?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brushless - Lipo Set-up   Brushless - Lipo Set-up Empty

Back to top Go down

Brushless - Lipo Set-up
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DubDrift :: EP General Forums :: EP Drifting :: Technical Discussion-
Jump to: