DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Problem with new motor and another question Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Problem with new motor and another question Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Problem with new motor and another question Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Problem with new motor and another question Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Problem with new motor and another question Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Problem with new motor and another question Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Problem with new motor and another question Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Problem with new motor and another question Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Problem with new motor and another question Vote_lcapProblem with new motor and another question Voting_barProblem with new motor and another question Vote_rcap 
Jay
Problem with new motor and another question Vote_lcapProblem with new motor and another question Voting_barProblem with new motor and another question Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Problem with new motor and another question

Go down 
+4
J.Drift
LaNcE
Bandit
Abdul Basit
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

Problem with new motor and another question Empty
PostSubject: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:31 pm

Heyy...
I just finished installing my new 9T brushless motor. Everything is fine, but as soon as I lift my finger off the trigger, the car comes to a stop immediately. And it sounds like the pinion gear is kicking the spur gear right in the face (annoying noise between the teeth in short). I used the program card that came along, I've tried to weaken the brakes, but the car still stops immediately.

And what makes deans/t plugs better than 7.2v plugs? Because that's what I just put on my Lipo batteries...

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:46 pm

try to remove the pinion and install it again and make sure that the meshing is not to tight try to put paper in between the pinion and spur and rotate it gently.
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:07 pm

try checking the chart provided for the proper position of the screws for a certain pinion gear..
about the motor, i think some of the guys would be able to help with that..
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:10 pm

I tried removing and replacing the pinion according to the chart, it's still the same...
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:25 pm

How much of the pinion gear should be in contact with the spur gear?
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:26 pm

are you using a 64P or 48P?
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:30 pm

O_o
Which one is the stock tamiya one? It's a 61t spur gear, tha' is all I know...And a 19t pinion.
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:37 pm

@bandik, he's running a tto1e.. stock gears.. 48p..

which motor/esc are you using AB?

Last edited by laNcELot on Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:37 pm

did you put the motor screw same hole as before ?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:38 pm

Hobbywing EZrun 9t Brushless motor, and Hobbywing EZrun 9t ESC for brushless motors..
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:40 pm

I don't know what I had before J.Drift.
But I followed what it said the manual (I did the same last time, so I think I put it in the same holes).

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:52 pm

follow the chart for the TT01 thread maybe you did noy put the motor screw in proper position (maybe the pinion & spur is too tight)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:58 pm

AB can you try removing the motor and try to run it without the gears. just check the motor if it running.
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 11:59 pm

Can only be 1 of 2 things....incorrect pitch gears, or incorrect mesh.
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:14 am

J.Drift, like I said, I've that. It didn't help unfortunately...
Bandit, I tried it when I took it out of the box, it seemed to function perfectly then. I'll try it again when my battery is charged.
Cathurga, can incorrect pitch gears really cause that much of a problem? If so what would recommend to counter it?
And what exactly is "incorrect mesh"?

Sorry guys, it's my first time trying a new motor, not faimiliar with all this stuff sad
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:28 am

That's always the case. . . . it happened to eathan's tt01 also. . . i think it's because of the power of the motor. . . . its best not to run your motor, while your kit is not on the ground, . . . it will f*^k up you spur and pinion. . .. best when you test it, make sure your car is on ground so there is a bit of friction between the motor and the ground. . .
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 1:55 am

Thanks Chardiboi...
I've noticed the problem. Wheneve I press the trigger (even the slighest bit), the motor runs at MAX speed...I don't understand why that's happening....
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 2:18 am

Just to explain why pitch and mesh are important..

Pitch is defined as the distance between a point on one tooth and the corresponding point on an adjacent tooth.
Basically, two gears should have the same pitch to work properly.
If they are not of the same "tooth distance", a gear tooth will hit another, and another, and another and so on until the weaker material gear gets all chewed up.

Mesh refers to how the gears get contact with each other.
This dictates how smooth the rotation will be.
A tight or a loose mesh will lessen the efficiency of the motor.

That's it for now. You'll learn more in college.

check the settings in your remote.. I'm sure there is a setting there that would lessen the amount of throttle with the distance traveled by the trigger..
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:50 am

Lance is correct 100%....

Tamiya pitch on their standard kits is a little bit weird, it doesn't really fit any traditional pitch, but 0.6 module as advertised by sellers is closest. By standard kits I mean the entry level stuff. The TRF and high end kits use a 0.4 module. The pitch basically means what lance said, or the SIZE of the teeth relative to the 'size' of the pinion. If the teeth of the pinion and spur are not the same size, they cannot trasfer the power and grind each other to pieces.

Dont get too confused about the differences but for your requirements, just check part numbers in the manual, and order accordingly, or ASK for help.

If you are using the kit provided pinion and spur, then they are not meshing correctly. It means that the pinion is either too close to the spur and there is no free play between them..it is too 'tight'. If there is too much free play then just the tips of the teeth are contacting, and excessive wearing will occur.

Someone mentioned before, an easy and 'fairly' accurate way to get the mesh right is to put a piece of normal paper between the pinion and spur, and then tighten it up. the paper should be able to come out when you roll the gears, without causing binding.

If you have a TT-01, or another car with a motor mount that has pre-set motor locations, and you are having meshing problems, then you have the motor mounted in the wrong mount holes. CHeck your manual, there should be a gear chart with the correct mounting combinations. If you change either the pinion OR the spur OR both, you will need to mount the motor on a different place. In the TT-01 instructions there are 4 mounting points, labelled A, B, C or D.

If your motor revs to top speed as you pull the trigger in, it more than likely means you need to calibrate the ESC OR you have the punch setting on your Tx set wrong. Reset all the settings on your Tx, and then go through the steps to set your ESC as per the instructions.
Back to top Go down
Unixeer
Co-Driver
Unixeer

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 2:58 pm

Calibrate after using manual program card -

replace unreliable connections even if they are stock, and shorten them

one extra thing to do

a corcle shape magnet , the wire comes from the ESC to reciever, let the wire gets around the magnet for some rounds before it gets to the reciever, this will stop the back electric flow to ESC. i sow it on air plains

one thing to make sure, reversing the two wires going from motor to ESC (two of three which are minus and plus not the ground) if the reversing is more power full try to switch those two wires, just in case
Back to top Go down
http://www.OmanST.NeT
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 3:39 pm

Wow! Thanks guys, very helpful posts!

BUT...Let's forget the pitch problem for now.
Because I've noticed that the motor stops immediately when I lift my finger off the trigger (even when it's NOT connected to the spur, like, when I'm holding it).
And I've also noticed that the second I touch the trigger, the motor runs at MAX speed, but NOT in reverse (it's perfectly fine in reverse).
When I connect the wires (yes I connected them correctly), the motor runs "mirrored". Meaning, when I press the trigger, the motor "goes backwards" and when I "push" the trigger, the motor "goes fowards"...Basically it turns in the wrong direction.

I've solved that, the manual says swap any two wires( it's got a total of 3, it's sensorless), when I do that, it runs fine. But when I press the trigger even the slightest bit, the motor runs at MAX, but NOT in reverse.

I've tried using the program card, I still can't get it right...I'll do something about the pitch once I get the motor soreted....

Anyone got a solution? Real desperate guys...I got all the gear I wanted and now I can't use it....*cries*....
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
Unixeer
Co-Driver
Unixeer

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 3:42 pm

reset it manually simmiler to mamba max throtle break range adjust , not the scrowing in the transmiter,
Back to top Go down
http://www.OmanST.NeT
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 3:59 pm

We can ignore pitch for now, but dont do any testing until you have that correct. Bear in mind that BL motors do NOT like running without a load....it hurts them.

Sounds to me like a calibration issue. The fact that it is going into full speed means that the ESC does not know where the end points are. Additionally, if you have that throttle 'Punch' or variable throttle function on the Tx set to max, it will got straight into full speed.

I would:

Reset the radio. Go to the selcted model and RESET all the settings.
Follow the manual. Reset the ESC and then follow the steps to recalibrate the ESC. In most cases, in calibration mode, the motor will not run. If it does run while you are trying to set it, you are NOT in calibration mode. Start again.
DO NOT run the motor without a load, you will cook it.

What motor/esc combo is this? Another no-name brand like the radio?
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 4:14 pm

I'm not using the that radio -.-
The motor/esc combo is Hobbywing..Hobbywing EZRUN 9t brushless, ESC and program card. It's on RCmart, you can have a look at it there.

The radio I'm using is pretty old, it doesn't have model memory (my new one has model memory, but I'm not using it). It's only got a servo/steering trim thing, and throttle trim thing.

Anyway, the motor doesn't stop immediately, so that's fixed. But it still hit's max speed the second I touch the trigger.

I'll try caliberating the ESC. Oh, and I've tried resetting it...That doesn't help.

Yeah, I kind ov' figured I shouldn't run it with that sort of load on the motor, I run it freely now, the spur gear doesn't like that crazy pinion.

Thanks, will post an update after the caliberation process.
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
sideslider
Chase Driver
sideslider

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 4:20 pm

also,

if you can adjust the EPA, lower it a little, my motor had a similar problem of going max but it was ok after a while, try dailing it down a little through ESC and your program card but follow up on what others are sugestin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new motor and another question   Problem with new motor and another question Empty

Back to top Go down

Problem with new motor and another question
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next