DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
area 2 crawling course Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
area 2 crawling course Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
area 2 crawling course Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
area 2 crawling course Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
area 2 crawling course Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
area 2 crawling course Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
area 2 crawling course Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
area 2 crawling course Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
area 2 crawling course Vote_lcaparea 2 crawling course Voting_bararea 2 crawling course Vote_rcap 
Jay
area 2 crawling course Vote_lcaparea 2 crawling course Voting_bararea 2 crawling course Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

area 2 crawling course

Go down 
+4
cathurga
LaNcE
Abdul Basit
chardiboi
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

area 2 crawling course Empty
PostSubject: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:50 am

i've started a bit of the course, but i need more rocks. You guys who already have rigs or planning to get one, or already ordered one, could share some suggestions on how do we do about it. . . .

we can always hire someone to get the rocks for us then we set it up when it's there. i have lots of unused bricks in my backyard, the only problem is transporting it to area 2.

we don't need to build a big course, we can just do a medium one so as not to attract municipality's attention. that's why i started doing it somewhere at the end of area 2, and its nice there coz the site is inclined to a degree, makes it a bit challenging. . i can get some wood were we could use as bridges. . .

suggestions are open for everyone, even those who don't have rigs. . . .

:o :o :o
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:58 am

I know where you could get lots of rocks, you live in Mirdif right? I live by the airport road in Nad Al Hamr, i'll go check once more, there's a decent amount of rocks, but really, I don't think rocks are that hard to find blum3
Can you tell me how we're building it? As in, just a big pile of rocks or an obstacle course, etc.
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:00 am

it's not the rocks, i have lots of it in my backyard. . . its how to transport those rocks to area 2
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:03 am

i think i can car nap a pick up and load it up with some boulders and bring it down to Area 2.
i'll try tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:05 am

Oh, don't worry. There are tons of pickup truck drivers that'll transport anything as long as you pay them. And those chaps will walk away smiling if they get AED 80. But they won't collect the rocks that's for sure. Try visiting the goat market place...Just ask one of the guys by a pickup truck to transport some small rocks, your hindi seems good enough to do so.

Isn't collecting the rocks a problem?
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:07 am

laNcELot wrote:
i think i can car nap a pick up and load it up with some boulders and bring it down to Area 2.
i'll try tomorrow night.

woi, not tommorrow, we'll plan it out first. . . coz we need someone to carry, i'm too old to carry, my back hurts very happy

but anyways that would be sweet lance. . . .
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:15 am

Well not necessarily the ones in your backyard richard.. (see how it rhymes?)
I think i may be able to get some really decent rocks lying around somewhere..
I'll drop them there and we'll just arrange it according to your liking.. a'ight?
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:17 am

yesssssss!!!! the not so sharp cornered ones, that'd be great. . .
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:32 am

Come around to my place on Saturday before we go to the track, next door is a contruction site that is full. I am on Sheikh Zayed Rd, next to the Dusit.We load it into the back of my truck and offload at Area 2
Some of the rocks I had in mind are ones that are basically hardened concrete, with lots of grip. It is like a GRIT surface and they are some cool shapes that would work well.

I am also an old "badword", so I am not able to lift much....the construction workers there would help out if we gave them a few schmee's...and they have a small dozer there.....job done.
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:49 am

andy, we'll wait for lance's nice rocks, and if we still need more, then we'll get those from your place. . . . smile
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 11:22 am

aha! lots of old chaps here ahhh!! wish i was still young so i could help you out too! smile hahahaha! smile
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 11:54 am

I'll help where i can, but my back has seen better days too....

I'll do the small rocks! hahaha :cheers:
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
maldito
Driver
maldito

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 12:04 pm

hmmmmm, how can i help, maybe i'll just help setting up the track, would that be ok???
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:19 pm

im older than most of the guys posting here.. except for some lol
you should do what i do.. weekly bike ride going to area2!
stretch those muscles!

you need any help with setting up the rocks let me know..
i do my crawlings at home for now clown
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 11:58 am

post moved. . . .

Last edited by chardiboi on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 12:05 pm

broken link sir chard..

have to register/log-in to view the pic..
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 12:31 pm

area 2 crawling course 0060006

thinking of putting wooden obstacles, cable bridges, and wooden bridges as well, like this one. . . . not as big as this area though,. . . . . . its really challenging. . smilesmilesmile
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 12:36 pm

Richard, thats a seriously cool indoor crawler course!

That will be awesome if we can get a couple of bridges and obstacles....go DUBCRAWL!
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 12:54 pm

sweet.. very nice!

hmmmnn..

maybe it's not a bad idea to put that in the middle of area 2..

if we can get permission from the Municipality..

have you guys scouted some locations that we/you can do your crawling? where was the place where Ahmad did his adventure?
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 1:01 pm

it was by jumeirah beach. . . . . i'm thinking i can make those wooden obstacles at home and just bringing them wherever we want to crawl. . . . because theyre simple to make, like that hanging bridge can just be made by ropes and wood and can be easily kept after. . . . . . or even the cable bridge,. . . . it can be just those metal "L shaped brackets" we can get from ikea . . . in each end and a g.i. wire tied at both ends. . . . . . ..the rock setup we have in area 2 i guess is good enough. . . . although we might need to add a few more. . . . . but adding these wooden obstacles will make it longer, without having to put more rocks. . . .
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Lance

The place Ahmad went was on Umm Sequim beach - its one of the wave breakers - there are loads of them along the beach we could pick from.

Next Garden Centre on Sh Zayed rd they have dumped a massive pile of nicely sized rocks in an empty sand lot, looks like a great place - i will go test my rig there and take some pics.

when we have enough of us we can plan a trip out toward Fujeirah and go play in the mountains, take the offroads for a bash and have BBQ!
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 1:18 pm

paul@play wrote:
when we have enough of us we can plan a trip out toward Fujeirah and go play in the mountains, take the offroads for a bash and have BBQ!

thats an awesome idea. . . . . .

hmmmmmmm. . . .. . . . . DUBCRAWL?. . .. .
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 1:24 pm

That is cool, and the fact that it is indoor, is even "cooler"

I am not so sure we would meet any difficulties from the Municipality if we put built a 'Rock Garden' for them, as a nice feature (better than some of the stupid things they put on roundabouts). But we will ask anyway. That whole area full of rocks would be good.

I brought some rocks down to the track the other day, and just dumped them there....everytime I go down there, I will put a couple more.

The breakwaters are not really the ideal place to crawl, the rocks are weird shapes and stuff, the worst though is that they are regularly 'washed' with salty seawater....your screws and things will very soon be corroded to the point of irritation.
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 1:33 pm

cathurga wrote:
I brought some rocks down to the track the other day, and just dumped them there....everytime I go down there, I will put a couple more.
that's great andy. . . . i'll try to set it up this saturday if i can drop by the place. . ... . and i'll try to make those wooden cable and rope bridges. . . . .

hmmmmmmm. . . . . DUBCRAWL. . .. i can already picture the logo smile
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 2:31 pm

Rich, I already 'placed' the rocks in a decent position :-)

Dubcrawl?

What about DoobersTubers? LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: area 2 crawling course   area 2 crawling course Empty

Back to top Go down

area 2 crawling course
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next