DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
How to cook your servo's Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
How to cook your servo's Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
How to cook your servo's Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
How to cook your servo's Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
How to cook your servo's Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
How to cook your servo's Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
How to cook your servo's Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
How to cook your servo's Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
How to cook your servo's Vote_lcapHow to cook your servo's Voting_barHow to cook your servo's Vote_rcap 
Jay
How to cook your servo's Vote_lcapHow to cook your servo's Voting_barHow to cook your servo's Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How to cook your servo's

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

How to cook your servo's Empty
PostSubject: How to cook your servo's   How to cook your servo's EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Hey All,

I was doing some research recently after I fried my TowerPro MG995 servo's...and it seems that the root of the problem lies with a combination of the TEU-101BK Esc and Lipo.
As I am sure you know, the TEU-101BK does NOT have a BEC and in most cases, unless specified, not all Rx have them built in. What this means is that your servo's are getting power directly from the battery pack. Most servo's are able to tolerate up to 7.2V, but most are happier at around 5-6V at 3A, the TowerPro ones specifically state that they are able to handle 7.2V, but when you put in the Lipo at 7.4V, the additional 0.2V kills them..and sometimes we know that a fully charged Lipo will get to 8.4V...bottom line is.....bye-bye servo...

I personally like the MG995, they are good value (found some at US$14 each) they have good torque and great speed for an entry level servo.

The solution? There are two ways to go, either get a new ESC that has a BEC built in OR get a voltage regulator. I got one from T&U, they cost AED 50, or USD$14 online....same really.

Anyway, if you are runnnig a TEU and a Lipo, there is a good chance you will fry a TowerPro MG995. I think Ahmed blew a servo the same time as I did, but his was a Hitec I think, so they might be in danger as well....

For what its worth, the Futaba S3001 and the Tamiya ADSPEC kit servos seem to impervious to the above....problem is, they are plastic geared, slow, weak and simply ....suck.
Back to top Go down
RECKRACING
Administrator
RECKRACING

PostSubject: Re: How to cook your servo's   How to cook your servo's EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:50 pm

This was my problem with my mini setup, I was using the TEU 101 and a Futaba RX before, then I change my RX to a KO spectrum, I found out that the spectrum RX doesnt have a built in BEC as well as the TEU 101, thats why Im having glitches with my servos, the simplest solution is to get a voltage regulator or BEC.
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: How to cook your servo's   How to cook your servo's EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:19 pm

Thanks for the advice Andy, will need to get a BEC for my tt-01 then as it is the same setup you we're using in your mini....

My M-05 runs a TEU-104, is that better or would you still recommend putting a BEC in there too?
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: How to cook your servo's   How to cook your servo's EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:27 pm

Paul,

Dont quote me as saying this, but as far as I am aware, the 104 is no better than the 101 with regrds to specs, the ONLY difference is that the 104 has the cutoff. But be aware, the cutoff is USELESS for Lipo, it is designed for LiFe batteries that will require about 4.4V, cut off a Lipo at that voltage and you have a new paperweight.
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: How to cook your servo's   How to cook your servo's EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:33 pm

Cheers thanks, thats fine i got one of those beepers to tell me when to change the battery....

I guess i will need to get some BEC's to keep an eye on the voltage and to save the servos...
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: How to cook your servo's   How to cook your servo's EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:41 pm

No prob,

Just imparting info, we need to save our kit, considering how difficult it is to get around these parts....

All, just remember, if you are running NiCd or NiMh, there is no need to panic, this shouldnt happen to you. Also, if you are running an ESC or Rx with built in BEC circuitry, you are also safe from harm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to cook your servo's   How to cook your servo's Empty

Back to top Go down

How to cook your servo's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DubDrift :: EP General Forums :: EP Touring :: Technical Discussion-
Jump to: