DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Damper Oil Change Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Damper Oil Change Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Damper Oil Change Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Damper Oil Change Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Damper Oil Change Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Damper Oil Change Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Damper Oil Change Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Damper Oil Change Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Damper Oil Change Vote_lcapDamper Oil Change Voting_barDamper Oil Change Vote_rcap 
Jay
Damper Oil Change Vote_lcapDamper Oil Change Voting_barDamper Oil Change Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Damper Oil Change

Go down 
+2
sideslider
Jay
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay
Administrator
Jay

Damper Oil Change Empty
PostSubject: Damper Oil Change   Damper Oil Change EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 6:07 pm

finally after 2 years ive decided to change the oils on my trf dampers for i was not getting enough rebounds on them. saw a really big difference in color, it was all black and im sure theres gonna be improvements in performance aswell.

so how often do you guys change your oils and what weight do you guys use?

Damper Oil Change 07092011

evo and mini dampers
Damper Oil Change 08092010

now they're ready for the buffet clown
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
sideslider
Chase Driver
sideslider

Damper Oil Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damper Oil Change   Damper Oil Change EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 6:13 pm

my TRF is still fresh......hmmmmmm but i did do the same to my baja about 2 weeks back, as you all know, baja springs have to take alot of beating so they need care more often, but i feel like they are very hard now, is that good?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Damper Oil Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damper Oil Change   Damper Oil Change EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 6:52 pm

i changed oil on my dampers every quarter of the year... (4 times a year) used or not and it sure makes a hell lot of difference. i used an oil i bought at T&U.. not sure about the grade but it works fine. scratch
Back to top Go down
spy
Chase Driver
spy

Damper Oil Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damper Oil Change   Damper Oil Change EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 7:56 pm

just done changing my oil, last week!!!
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

Damper Oil Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damper Oil Change   Damper Oil Change EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:15 pm

@J, nice, those mini trf's work well.....remember to put spacers under the pistons to reduce ride height.

Mini you can use the 2-hole pistons with heavy oil, but make the front springs the softer ones......that should reduce your tailsliding :-)

I wouldnt worry about rebound too much. The small rubber bladder will always make any rbound constant.....try to get it minimal, and let the spring control the action of the shock...

My 0.02 fils
Back to top Go down
vineshvijayan
Chase Driver
vineshvijayan

Damper Oil Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damper Oil Change   Damper Oil Change EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 9:52 pm

On 1/8 scale off roads oils are changed every 10 sessions or so or until the viscosity of the oils differs since the shocks take a lot of beating through jumps, ruts, etc.

Whereas on roads the oils should last a lil more longer than off roads i guess since the shocks go through very minor dampening.

@Andy i thought on roads use 1 hole piston and soft - medium oils ?? scratch I think i had seen this in one of the tamiya manuals... Springs off course depends on personal driving taste . :geek:
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

Damper Oil Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damper Oil Change   Damper Oil Change EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 10:32 pm

i change my damper oil whenever there is no play happening on the shaft, rebound?

some tips on how to change oil hope this one will help us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRufP_X9K3g&feature=PlayList&p=CB53CA6BD8402A5C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

Damper Oil Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damper Oil Change   Damper Oil Change EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:28 am

That video is a good benchmark, but you gotta admit...the serious racers go to extremes. Of course their cars are pretty 'slop' free and any small changes are noticed quickly...

Vinesh, there are no hard and fast rules, but guidelines. Essentially it all comes down to track surface and conditions. A simple rule to remember is for low grip surfaces, a softer setup will give you more traction, the cost being more body roll, and high grip surfaces a harder setup will work better (to a point).
Here in Dubai we have the damn dust to contend with...which pretty much screws any setup guidelines.
Jay pointed out to me the other day that drifters require a nice soft setup on the front and a harder rear....this makes sense...even with hard tires, a harder rear will help 'lose' grip..
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

Damper Oil Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damper Oil Change   Damper Oil Change EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:02 pm

i agree with you sir +1000000!!! ill post some good tips in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Damper Oil Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damper Oil Change   Damper Oil Change Empty

Back to top Go down

Damper Oil Change
Page 1 of 1