DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin Vote_lcapNovak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin Voting_barNovak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin Vote_rcap 
Jay
Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin Vote_lcapNovak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin Voting_barNovak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin

Go down 
+6
strawb
jebjeb
Bandit
J.Drift
paul
Jay
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay
Administrator
Jay

Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin Empty
PostSubject: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 4:07 pm

I have this 7.5 Novak Slydr system for about 4 years I think since it got out and have done its job really good no questions ask. But lately It started acting up. I've been having a lot of cogging with the accelerations to the point that it throttles high >low >high >low even though I have my finger steady on the throttle.

Like its got a sour throat that keeps on coughing.. You guys have any idea for a cure or had the same experience? I know a lot of people here had their novaks completely dead.. but this one is still alive and maybe it just needs a little TLC very happy

Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin Dscn9404resize

FYI this has zero maintenance since it got out of the box lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Hey Jay,

Not sure where the problem lies whether its a faulty esc or motor....on the motor side you can try and check the motor bearings for wear, a sticking bearing could be causing the irregular throttle response - they may just need a drop of oil or replacement. Also you can try opening up and just giving it a good clean inside with some compressed air....

the motor is 4 years old so i would imagine the motor could be pretty dirty considering the conditions we play in....hope that helps.

pity you dont live in the US as novak has a trade in program for old motors and esc's.... send them your old stuff and a few $$$ and the send you a new one...

Last edited by paul on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 4:41 pm

i experience same problem with my ballistic & GTB

When i replace my ESC with Mamba Max my motor run perfectly again very happy

try your motor with other ESC or your ESC with other motor then see which one has to be

replaced wink
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 4:45 pm

Rebuild/Clean No. 1 solution...
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 4:55 pm

J.Drift wrote:

try your motor with other ESC or your ESC with other motor then see which one has to be

replaced wink

same goes with my ballistic, after 2 years it just cogged and now dead stop. i think i'll try cleaning the motor first and if it persists, buy a new one thats good for another 2 years or so smile
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:31 pm

jebjeb wrote:
J.Drift wrote:

replaced wink

same goes with my ballistic, after 2 years it just cogged and now dead stop. i think i'll try cleaning the motor first and if it persists, buy a new one thats good for another 2 years or so smile

sorry OT very happy

papi if you decided to buy a new motor dont trash the ballistic give it to me ill take it very happy
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:56 pm

Hi jay ..... search in youtube ... there's a vid there showing how to clean your brushless motor from charlie swangka of Novak
Back to top Go down
http://forcea.multiply.com/
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:27 pm

@paul Im sure its got dirt from alain, abudhabi and dubai in it lol I dont think warranty still applies for this old system.

@jon Im just waiting for Ians pm so I could get on with the testing very happy

@bandit will do that as soon as i get home from work!

@strawb will search on that one just to make sure im doin everything right!

Hope everything goes well after the rebuild. Thanks all for the replies.
Back to top Go down
tamiya
Co-Driver
tamiya

PostSubject: Re: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:00 am

check your sensor connector, clean & degrease it very carefully - that is main fault point

inside ESC is pretty well sealed so dirt can't get in too easily

make sure your motor bearings haven't seized & u run until they collapse sad

all the Novaks i've seen used offroad the front bearing gets jammed very easy
and need to be cleaned regularly, otherwise buy gotta buy whole new front bell.
Some keep running with seized bearing and the rotor shaft wears down...

Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:36 am

all external points cleaned and checked.. now to access the internals.. I have a full set of hexes that doesnt fit with the front screws .. another problem very happy

and another thing.. were can i get a can of compressed air? enoc?
Back to top Go down
arispal
Test Driver

PostSubject: Re: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:26 am

yes you can buy the can of compressed air in any petrol stations....
Back to top Go down
bong
Chase Driver
bong

PostSubject: Re: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:47 am

jay, bring it with you in area2 and get it sprayed with the high pressure air spray they use in cars 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://www.kodakcinelabs.ae
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:07 am

I have never seen cans of compressed air at a petrol station. But you will find it at a computer repair shop. Personally I believe that compressed air and bearings are not great together, all the air does is displace the dirt....to another place.
Disassemble and replace them where necessary. I have replaced the bearings in 2 of my EZrun motors and they never did anything near 4 years....

Get a decent socket set that covers the range in your motor.

I have a novak rooster ESC that just died on me, and it ticked me off that they were not prepared to replace it. It is in perfect working order APART from the fact that brakes dont work..
Back to top Go down
strawb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
strawb

PostSubject: Re: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:43 pm

One reason for all of you guys to go brushed!!!!!

Old School!!!! My drifter and crawler rigs all run on brushed motors!!! very happy very happy very happy

i refuse technology! very happy
Back to top Go down
http://forcea.multiply.com/
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:27 pm

This is the kind of topics we need here.. Lets not just go straight to CB and ask.. Lets keep a record of helpfull things like this for everyone.

Thanks for all the replies. Will update soon after rebuild.
Back to top Go down
tamiya
Co-Driver
tamiya

PostSubject: Re: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 2:51 pm

screw hex on motor would be std/imperial, typical USA...!!

rear screws use 1/16 0.063"

front screws are 3/32 0.093" but can usually use my 2.5mm hudy if you're real careful...
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 3:54 pm

@ jay, i opened and cleaned my novak yesterday and now its working fine... you should also do the same smile
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:02 pm

I couldnt open mine cause i Dont have the right english tool.. I ended up buying a new brushless system.

Anyway if your going this afternoons meet can you lend me your hex Ian very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin   Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin Empty

Back to top Go down

Novak Slydr - To Bin or not to Bin
Page 1 of 1