DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Opinions on the OTA-R31? Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Opinions on the OTA-R31? Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Opinions on the OTA-R31? Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Opinions on the OTA-R31? Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Opinions on the OTA-R31? Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Opinions on the OTA-R31? Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Opinions on the OTA-R31? Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Opinions on the OTA-R31? Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Opinions on the OTA-R31? Vote_lcapOpinions on the OTA-R31? Voting_barOpinions on the OTA-R31? Vote_rcap 
Jay
Opinions on the OTA-R31? Vote_lcapOpinions on the OTA-R31? Voting_barOpinions on the OTA-R31? Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Opinions on the OTA-R31?

Go down 
+3
J.Drift
Jay
Abdul Basit
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

Opinions on the OTA-R31? Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:34 am

Can someone give me a quick review of their OTA-R31? More specifically, I wanted to know how the standard shocks are and if it has parts compatibility with any of the other, more common kits out there?

I've heard that it can run a TA05 FOW and spool, how true is this? Oh, and what pulleys are you guys running?

^ I sound excited because I'm buying one. laughing
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:01 am

This might help you out.. OTA-R31
Some of the guys are already sliding with this..
Jovenshadow is one of them.. but he's in Manila right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 1:36 pm

Thanks Jay! That answers most of it. smile
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:12 pm

No prob.. you should share your own review of the chassis ones you got it ok very happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:25 pm

Jay wrote:
No prob.. you should share your own review of the chassis ones you got it ok very happy

R&D want $74 just for shipping. I don't think I want it anymore. surprised

Does someone know where else it's available apart from R&D?
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:00 am

only in japan site is selling OTA

You can try @ Banzai Hobby Or Genkidori wink
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:15 am

I can't find it on Banzai, got a link? Also, everytime I click on it on Genki, it says "product not found".

Help? help
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:28 am

there is a site in japan where sir bong bought his OTA-R31 smile

But i dont remember which site very happy

Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/
tamiya
Co-Driver
tamiya

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:21 am

many japan stores were selling OTA-R31, try:-

race drift japan
futaba proshop
hobbystore tamtam
etc

GDD also had in the past but not showing stock now
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:23 am

got jovens OTA in one of the site but as you know. i dont restor in my memory which site it is as. all i care is to order them. i know its more cheaper than R&D. if you are interested to buy one, make sure you want one and can pay me in advance then i'll let you know which site. they also offer GLORIA OTA
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:40 am

@ Sir Ian, are you reffering to Rakuten?

@ Willy, thanks, will look at those.

@ OTA-R owners, would you say it's as good in it's stock form as the other high end kits out there? Such as the VDF and stuff? Only thing I don't like about the OTA-R and what gives me second thoughts is all the plastic.

Obviously CF is better, but is the OTA-R not good the way it is? Do the plastic tub and the lack of alloy stuff pose a big disadvantage?
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 4:11 am

i believe jovenshadow got his from super-rc.com for 222$ plus shipping (which would still come up cheaper than R&D)

http://www.super-rc.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_144&products_id=2558

and for 12$ more you get the Gloria 330 SGLE Shell. . . kicka$$ shell!

http://www.super-rc.com/product_info.php?currency=USD&products_id=3054&osCsid=212ed49a6d84e0d5f94840626fc72989

As you said. . . . OTA-R is all plastic. . .Its an entry level kit. . . but it slides really well out of the box. . .and the OD adjustability is just awesome. . . but there will still be a lot work on it to make it durable like a CF/Aluminum kit. . . . so better keep extra cash in your pockets if you buy it. . . . 2thumbsup

imho
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Thanks for the input Chard! And wow, it's a lot cheaper on that website.

Does the Gloria come with the diffuser?

Only thing I'm wondering right now is if a TA05 with a drift conversion a better alternative to this.

Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:32 pm

Abdul Basit wrote:
Thanks for the input Chard! And wow, it's a lot cheaper on that website.

Does the Gloria come with the diffuser?

Only thing I'm wondering right now is if a TA05 with a drift conversion a better alternative to this.

i think it will still have the diffuser, just read thru the Gloria specs. . . . .

will it be better than a TA05 drift conv.? that i don't know. . . . . but a TA05 drift conv. will surely LOOK better. . an OTA-R is one fugly motherduckling (no offense to owners very happy ). . . . . but adjustability and performance wise. . . it will compete with any High End drift kits out there. . . but at the end of the day. . . . again. . . it's still the driving thumbs_up
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:07 pm

Sorry, the page wouldn't load right on my phone. Yep, it says the diffuser is there. thumbs_up

Yeah, it isn't the prettiest car out there. blum3

Just waiting to hear from the OTA-R31 owners out there and I'll click the "checkout" button. laughing
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:15 pm

i'm sure they won't give inputs. . . . as they don't want a lot of OTA's coming to dubai. . . very happy

exclusivity is the word. . . . . . very happy

peace out. . . . 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
jovenshadow
Chase Driver
jovenshadow

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:07 pm

Just my 10fills review...

Plastic VS CF
- we're not into touring so we dont really hit hard, on performance between the 2 material i can't give any feedback because i dont own CF kit, i have TB03, all plastic but drifts well.

Looks
- i have two identical shells puts on OTA and any kit, can you compare which is OTA and other kit by looking outside with the shell on it?

Performance
- again its personal preference, and driving skills, even you own the expensive kit and setup by best rc drifter but you dont have talent then you're failed, better to have starter plastic kit and TALENT...

As Stock Kit
- biggest steering angle but i didnt maximise my steering angle or my shaft will give in, you need to upgrade OD shaft. Stock shock, i dont have TRF dampers but compare to stock shock of my TB03 the OTA dampers is far better even made of plastic .

Price
- its far cheaper than cheapest CF kit as far as i know, if you can afford CF kit, i think OTA will be peanut to you....
Back to top Go down
http://www.jovenshadow.com
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Thanks for the input Jovenshadow. 2thumbsup

Still in two minds about this kit though. sad
Back to top Go down
tamiya
Co-Driver
tamiya

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:46 am

Been a month & half... what's news?? smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the OTA-R31?   Opinions on the OTA-R31? Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinions on the OTA-R31?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DubDrift :: EP General Forums :: EP Drifting :: Technical Discussion-
Jump to: