DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Howdy from Doha, Qatar! Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Howdy from Doha, Qatar! Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Howdy from Doha, Qatar! Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Howdy from Doha, Qatar! Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Howdy from Doha, Qatar! Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Howdy from Doha, Qatar! Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Howdy from Doha, Qatar! Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Howdy from Doha, Qatar! Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Howdy from Doha, Qatar! Vote_lcapHowdy from Doha, Qatar! Voting_barHowdy from Doha, Qatar! Vote_rcap 
Jay
Howdy from Doha, Qatar! Vote_lcapHowdy from Doha, Qatar! Voting_barHowdy from Doha, Qatar! Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Howdy from Doha, Qatar!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pgreeff
Mechanic
pgreeff

Howdy from Doha, Qatar! Empty
PostSubject: Howdy from Doha, Qatar!   Howdy from Doha, Qatar! EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 12:23 am

Hi guys

I recently grew tired of the cheap plastic toys and decided in a moment of madness to buy a REAL RC car... Bought an HBX Tigershark nitro truck. After struggling for a while to figure out why it won't start, I got rid of the air block and fuel started flowing into the engine like it should, and it took exactly five minutes before I hit the wall in my very small font yard and broke a suspension arm... Yeah, the nitro tucks runs a little faster than the supermarket toy variety, so I was a little unprepared! I guess it needs a little more roaming room, hey? LOL!

Next stop: spares shop! Well, not quite... Therent aren't exactly a lot of garages for RC models. I've now ordered parts from the UK because I couldn't find the parts locally, still waiting for them. While waiting, I went mad again...

Bought a Thundertiger Sparrowhawk XXT electric powered stadium truck. I've had some good fun so far, although this one also has needed repair already. Guess I need training wheels for a while, then...! I figured out how to adjust the transmitter to limit the maximum throttle to less than full, which is safer for my current environment. I'm heading for an empty parking lot tomorrow, though!

So, there is my confession - total novice. Right now these aluminum upgrade parts seem like a very good idea... But I'm happy to be in the zone now, and loving it so far. hurray
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Doha, Qatar!   Howdy from Doha, Qatar! EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:50 am

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I'm not really into GP cars but some of us here can help you with them.
So, shoot away those Q's.. very happy

Be safe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
pgreeff
Mechanic
pgreeff

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Doha, Qatar!   Howdy from Doha, Qatar! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 11:27 pm

LaNcE wrote:
Hi and welcome to the forums.

I'm not really into GP cars but some of us here can help you with them.
So, shoot away those Q's.. very happy

Be safe.

Hi LaNcE

I got my suspension arm for the GP truck, thanks. At a price, though! I bought one part locally for QR50 and ordered four from the UK for QR87 including shipping. LOL

Anyway, anybody out there running a Sparrowhawk XXT? I'm frustrated with the fact that the main gear is exposed - there's a slot in the chassis directly below the gear, and I've now got grains of sand being trapped in the mesh and damaging it. Is it safe to put a cover over this slot or is it intended for air flow to cool the gear?

I changed from a 2400mAh battery to 4200mAh - but haven't had a chance to run the car yet. I was considering LiPo but was warned that I'm likely to strip the gears. The motor is a Ripper 3300kv with a BL-40C ESC. What is the general consensus?
Back to top Go down
sideslider
Chase Driver
sideslider

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Doha, Qatar!   Howdy from Doha, Qatar! EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 2:25 am

The Spur gear can be covered up as they are usually left exposed to allow rocks and debris in the chassis to escape but im not sure temp-wise about this implication, i reccomend going for a proper brand altogether to avoid the headache, things like Kyosho, Jammin (Hong Nor), Losi etc, things that you know have available parts locally.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Doha, Qatar!   Howdy from Doha, Qatar! Empty

Back to top Go down

Howdy from Doha, Qatar!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DubDrift :: Member Central :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: