DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Hello RC Addicts :P Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Hello RC Addicts :P Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Hello RC Addicts :P Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Hello RC Addicts :P Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Hello RC Addicts :P Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Hello RC Addicts :P Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Hello RC Addicts :P Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Hello RC Addicts :P Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Hello RC Addicts :P Vote_lcapHello RC Addicts :P Voting_barHello RC Addicts :P Vote_rcap 
Jay
Hello RC Addicts :P Vote_lcapHello RC Addicts :P Voting_barHello RC Addicts :P Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hello RC Addicts :P

Go down 
+4
chardiboi
Abdul Basit
jebjeb
armaslide
8 posters
AuthorMessage
armaslide
Mechanic
armaslide

Hello RC Addicts :P Empty
PostSubject: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:56 am

Greetings smile

I've just stumbled this forum while googling 'RC Drift', i was looking for some intel, ideas etc. about this cool hobby and just now I finally decided to register. and I think I know some of you guys, those who plays airsoft, as I have friends and good relation with both 2454 and UFAC. Well, I could say I am really a complete noob in this hobby so bear with me pls.

It's been a while I wanted to try this fascinating hobby, but I've got glued with my other hobbies(airsoft,fishing,guitar, etc.) I've even bought 3 RC nitro cars(4x4,buggy & touring car) sadly they all ended up in the cargo box and were sent back home untouched sad
lately I've seen a couple of vids from youtube and this triggers me again(as most of you did)... so now here I am... very happy
as Ive said, Im a total noob so Im still gathering all the intels I can get outthere to let me decide what will be my 1st drifting car. I have read some of the post here and some really good advice, I dont know if I can apply some principles of airsoft in here lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamarmas.proboards98.com
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:00 am

welcome armas to the site..

i am also a former airsoft fanatic but got hooked to this hobby and have actively playin ever since.

feel free to ask anything here regarding rc drifting and touring... or anything with regards to remote control hobby.

this is a very addictive hobby... wacko
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:02 am

Welcome to the forum!

Uhh, I think the only thing similiar between airsoft and RC is that you have 7.2v batteries in both.. Lol.

Where can you get airsoft guns in Dubai? Not the rifles in Al Sayyad, I mean, the automatic/semi-auto guns? very happy

How about you tell us how much you can spend? Maybe then we could tell you what you should get. I suggest a TB03D or a TA05 (both from Tamiya), assuming you can spend around AED 1100-2000.
Back to top Go down
armaslide
Mechanic
armaslide

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:14 am

thank you for the warm welcome smile
we use 11.4 lipo for our guns, about where to buy the guns...errm its all underground...
what I mean about the principle is.. when i started to play airsoft, i went with stock and ACM-all china made... then when i became good at it I have manage to build my own guns out of high ends and low ends, then designed my preferred set up and upgrades(and I think it took me more than 3years to know all the in and outs of airsoft) - though i am not saying i know everything smile just mostly above the basics and few advance secrets.

about the budget yes, i can afford maybe more than 1000, coz i dont know how good I will be in this hobby, well i suck I might quit quickly blum3
Back to top Go down
chardiboi
Chase Driver
chardiboi

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:21 pm

hi armaslide! welcome to the forum. . . .

i've played airsoft for a while, i'm with 2454 (Bisdak Forces), i haven't completely forgot about airsoft, but this season is not a good time to play the sport. . . it's quite hot. . . i might go back playing when winter comes, for the exercise very happy

you don't need to quit if you suck. . . . you just need to choose where you're ok with. . . i can say i suck in touring coz i don't have the eyes for fast moving cars. . . . i'm trying my luck with drifting, it's promising, but not that much yet, still need more practice and pointers from my son. . . .who i can proudly say excels in the art of sliding . . . .

if everything else fails, then try rc rock crawling. . . . . you'll never go wrong. . . if you have the right rig. . .

but it's not all about the hobby, it's also gaining friend's, same as airsoft. . . . comaraderie. . .

hope to see you soon in our satruday drift meets. . . .

by any chance your with the armas team? taicho and arbab's group? coz when you said fishing, arbab immediately came to my mind. . .very happy
Back to top Go down
armaslide
Mechanic
armaslide

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:51 pm

chardiboi wrote:
hi armaslide! welcome to the forum. . . .

i've played airsoft for a while, i'm with 2454 (Bisdak Forces), i haven't completely forgot about airsoft, but this season is not a good time to play the sport. . . it's quite hot. . . i might go back playing when winter comes, for the exercise very happy

you don't need to quit if you suck. . . . you just need to choose where you're ok with. . . i can say i suck in touring coz i don't have the eyes for fast moving cars. . . . i'm trying my luck with drifting, it's promising, but not that much yet, still need more practice and pointers from my son. . . .who i can proudly say excels in the art of sliding . . . .

if everything else fails, then try rc rock crawling. . . . . you'll never go wrong. . . if you have the right rig. . .

but it's not all about the hobby, it's also gaining friend's, same as airsoft. . . . comaraderie. . .

hope to see you soon in our satruday drift meets. . . .

by any chance your with the armas team? taicho and arbab's group? coz when you said fishing, arbab immediately came to my mind. . .very happy

yes sir chard hahaha we met before, it's me rashid AKA arbab of team ARMAS hehe
before anything else pls pass my regards to your fellow BisdakForces cat6,tazm,falcon and the rest of the guys :)idnt
havent seen them for a while, been bit busy, the proposed fishing trips with sir cat6 or sir tazm didnt went through..maybe this winter...

Im glad to see some of you guys are here, I didnt quit airsoft but I was inactive for almost a year now, cant remember when was my last game lol. I hope to see you all soon, in the meantime..continue to search for my 1st kit smile
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:23 pm

search for first kit?

you can order from JJ dundrift shop for your kit and parts too smile
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:34 pm

welcome to the forums..

enjoy your stay.. very happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
armaslide
Mechanic
armaslide

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:21 pm

thanks guys smile
I havent decided yet what to buy, but most probably it will be the tamiya TT01D(??? hope im right about this code) as I have read many suggest this model is the best for starters.
just some questions, is this model available in Toys & us now? Im a bit far from SZR so I want to save some time before going there. and as far as i know i still need a couple of things before I can run this car right??? so how much more $$$ I will need to complete this set up(not the very expensive parts pls but atleast some okish brand blum3 )?

last query for the meantime, ...I escaped office this morning and tried to sneak at dragon mart I saw RC's there HSP or something, what's your opinion about this brand? I would like to know the parts compatibility with the highends? are these cars upgradable also?

Im just afraid im gonna wreck the tamiya, so I was thinking is it practical to buy a not so expensive car just for practice like this car from DM?
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:45 pm

I don't think it's possible to "wreck" an RC while drifting, unless you drift right off a cliff very happy

Don't go for the HSP, upgrades are VERY rare, and spare parts aren't very easy to fine. The TT01D is a popular and good choice for beginners, but if you do end up liking the hobby, and get more and more competitive, then the TT01D isn't the best car to use.

Although there are people who have used TT01D cars in competitions and have had success (Chardiboi's son for example), but having a high end or mid range kit only makes it easier. Think of it like airsoft, would you rather have a lighter, faster gun with a high FPS and range, or the opposite? Even though a well setup TT01D will beat a TA05 or any other car badly setup, or with the right amount of driver skill, what I'm trying to say is, a nice car will always a help.

So in my opinion, call up the local hobby shops, ask them if they have a TB03D or a TA05 IFS/TA05 V2/TA05 in stock. Check the price, and add around 500 AED for the rest of the things you'll need.

Last edited by Abdul Basit on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi,
I have to many cars and need to sell some. Abdul has already mentioned the Tamiya TA05 IFS as a good option for you, I have one of these for sale, I also have controls, battery and charger, basically everything you need. I also have a Yokomo MR4TC, this is a more complex car than the Tamiya. Both cars can easily be set up for drifting and/or the new style overdrive/driven drift.

In line with forum rules I won't add anything else in this thread but will create a new thread in the for sale section. Please check it out, it will get you everything you need for drifting with a mid range car, battery and controls for less than the price of a low end kit.

Duane.
Back to top Go down
armaslide
Mechanic
armaslide

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:41 pm

Ok that shed me some light very happy

I'll look forward to that for sale sir duane ehehe... I think i can use my charger and balancer here, its for the lipo of my airsoft guns, too bad cant use 11volts2400mah 20C on RC right?
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 11:23 pm

You can, if you have the right speed controller. Most of us use 2S Lipo, 3S lipo will give you much better top speed and acceleration. In trucks and buggies, people mostly use 3S or 4S Lipo. But 20C isn't that much, that might be the bigger problem.

If you have a charger and balancer, than you're in luck. If you want a second battery or something, you can just get a 2S Lipo and a voltage regulator (if the speed controller does not have a built in one, the regulator beeps real loud if a cell goes under 3.7v)
Back to top Go down
armaslide
Mechanic
armaslide

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 12:45 am

i think i better buy the right lipo, as i am a total 'virgin'with regards to RC lol
i might burn all the electronix lol better be safe than sorry,and its too early to do my addiction to mods and DIY at this time ahahaha

but seriously, you guys are really cool and helpful. and i like the site, lots of information which i think will keep me busy reading and understanding for days and months to come smile thumbs up to all of you guys very happy
Back to top Go down
jovenshadow
Chase Driver
jovenshadow

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 12:48 am

Welcome Sir Armas!

Like you im also new in this hobby, i bought the TB03D in Toy R Us, (See picture below), like you im also into airsoft before, Dessert Ranger, teammate of Edward and ChugChug.

in my search for drifting rc car, they all recommend TB03D Drift Spec, thats why i bought it, once i complete my setup then i will join the drifter on their session.

[img]Hello RC Addicts :P DSC_0088[/img]

[img]Hello RC Addicts :P DSC_0092[/img]

BTW: OT Sir Abdul if you want airsoft gun maybe you can check my gun, i use it for 2x only. stock gun, no updrage. smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.jovenshadow.com
Boom
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:53 am

Sir Arbab / Armaslide,

Welcome to your new addiction, probably you'll be modifying cars after you enjoy this hobby. there are some members who also plays with RC Tanks that shoots BBs. you can help them by modifying their tanks with high-torque motors and tight barrel very happy . I saw your brother one time in hobby center, he told me that he was modifying his kit. hope to see you soon in the drift world of RC.
Back to top Go down
Boom
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am

BTW, how did it cost the tb03 in toys r us? i was there yesterday in sahara branch but did not find any? dntknw
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 3:06 am

I think he meant to say Toys N us, and not Toys R us.
Back to top Go down
armaslide
Mechanic
armaslide

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 3:18 am

hi Jovenshadow, yes chugchug is a close friend and like a bro. nice car btw smile
@ sir Boom, hehe if you still remember i bought a scope from you wayback yearssss ago, you came to my office near gargash mercedez. nice to see you guys moved into RC from airsoft, really the world is too small for the addicts hahaha very happy

in airsoft, the higher you crave for power/FPS, the deeper it gets into the pocket and the higher maintenance expected.... so guys how is it with this hobby? will it be the same, which one is costly?

Back to top Go down
Boom
Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:29 am

Sir Arbab,

I think that AEGs are much more expensive than RCs, if you will stick with one or two kits it will be cheaper. You dont need to pay entrance fee everytime you play, no need to buy bags of BBs and the best part is you don't hurt anyone on this hobby. I remember that you hit me once in the tournament that left a mark on my hand for few days due to your AEG was modified hunter. hehehe. but those things are part of the game sui
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:09 am

armaslide wrote:
hi Jovenshadow, yes chugchug is a close friend and like a bro. nice car btw smile
@ sir Boom, hehe if you still remember i bought a scope from you wayback yearssss ago, you came to my office near gargash mercedez. nice to see you guys moved into RC from airsoft, really the world is too small for the addicts hahaha very happy

in airsoft, the higher you crave for power/FPS, the deeper it gets into the pocket and the higher maintenance expected.... so guys how is it with this hobby? will it be the same, which one is costly?

hahahhaa!!! not much of a difference... the more bling you want in your kit (which is soooooooo addictive), the deeper it gets in the pocket too...

but its up to you how you want to pimp your ride. drool giggle
Back to top Go down
armaslide
Mechanic
armaslide

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:35 am

in my assumptions I guess airsoft is much more as said by sir boom, entrance fee,bb's, food/snacks,cost of gas going to site, and the endless buying of new spareparts for high FPS setups,dressing up the aeg and blings you put on the gun plus the BDU's,props and pogi points you are wearing,goggles,vest,mask,gloves,boots, etc. now I realize summing all these is really huge money $$$ sad

after I pimped my ride, i dont think im gonna send her for a weekly bash. The cars are expensive though as well as the upgrades, I hope the expenses on maintenance will not be like airsoft blum3

Im optimistic i.e. meeting and making new friends out of this hobby is still "PRICELESS" plus the FUN very happy
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 6:34 am

Buy things that you're willing to lose, and things that do their job well. If something requires a higher skill level to use and maintain, don't get it. IF getting that graphite chassis is going to stop you from having fun, what's the point?

Maintenance is cheap honestly, just so long as you haven't broken anything. And unless you did something horribly wrong, you won't break anything when drifting really.
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:56 pm

Abdul Basit wrote:
Buy things that you're willing to lose, and things that do their job well. If something requires a higher skill level to use and maintain, don't get it. IF getting that graphite chassis is going to stop you from having fun, what's the point?

Maintenance is cheap honestly, just so long as you haven't broken anything. And unless you did something horribly wrong, you won't break anything when drifting really.

thats right!!!

since rc drift kits breaks seldomly or never. you have more savings for bling bling and pimping your ride no matter how priceless your kit.

lets get it on!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello RC Addicts :P   Hello RC Addicts :P Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello RC Addicts :P
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DubDrift :: Member Central :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: