DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. Vote_lcapI just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. Voting_barI just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. Vote_rcap 
Jay
I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. Vote_lcapI just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. Voting_barI just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..

Go down 
+5
tractorboy
J.Drift
jebjeb
paul
biker_jet
9 posters
AuthorMessage
biker_jet
Test Driver
biker_jet

I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. Empty
PostSubject: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi Guys,

I just recieved my TA05v.2 Chassis kit today. Now, since im just new to RCing I need some experts advice on my setup. I was originally thinking of putting my chinese hackamoto in my kit but I just move to a new flat and the motor and some stuff was misplaced during the process. Can I run the stock motor that came with the kit in the GT mayhem class? What ESC would be suitable for it? I hope you could suggest a good one that I could also use even If upgrade the motor later and also available locally.

Tires... I have tried to use soft compound slicks in area 2 but it keeps on losing traction, I was thinking of the sandy condition in the area which maybe affecting the tires. Do you guys run on intermediate tires? what brand and what compound?

I hope I can run in the GT class this coming saturday if everything will fall into place.
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:22 pm

hey jet,

the stock motor will be a little slow at al ain, Vinesh is selling a tamiya Sport Tuned motor which is a good choice for the GT class....

ESC....i believe the BRAVo ESC from RC Mart is pretty good and well priced, and i think it can handle pretty low turn motors...

tyres...your best best would be some SOREX 36R slicks, they will give you the grip you need, tamiya slick are useless....

hope you come right in time for the weekend
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:23 pm

first of all congratulations on your new kit smile welcome to the ta05 v2 club

you can use the stock motor for the time being but it will not keep up if you enter it in gt mayhem.

im going to order some good and cheap esc at rcmart but it wont make it to al ain event. check LHS if they have a decent esc and motors.

follow the instructions in you kit as it is a good set up already. if you order the upgraded version 2, you may want to use the spool in front and just ball diff at the back.

as for tires, i am using the stock tires that comes with the kit and area 2 is a bit sandy compared to al ain so you may want to check al ain as you can set up your kit there properly for that track.
Back to top Go down
biker_jet
Test Driver
biker_jet

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:32 pm

@ Paul, Thanks for the advice.. I'll check out the Bravo ESC and I'll go down to Hobby Zone for the Sport tuned motor tonight. I hope I can get the tires locally..

@jebjeb, Thank you. Yes, I got the upgraded v.2, I'll install FOW that came with the kit. I think I'll check some LHS tonight for the ESC.

Guys, I really want to try the Al Ain track for proper track tuning but It will depend if I can get all the parts that I need..
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:38 pm

the moped ESC (ESC-BRAVO) at rcmart is not available here. but for other brand of ESc i think LHS have them.

lets try that v2 at al ain this friday ayt!? smile
Back to top Go down
biker_jet
Test Driver
biker_jet

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:48 pm

Sure thing.. but like I said, I hope I can get all the parts that I need
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:52 pm

i see a tamiya TEU104BK at Hooby Zone in deira it cost i think 165 AED
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/
biker_jet
Test Driver
biker_jet

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:54 pm

Cool! I hope they still have the sport tune motor there as well..
Back to top Go down
tractorboy
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
tractorboy

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:06 pm

there is one TEU104BK left at hobby zone and its 150. Think i saw a few sports tune motors too
Back to top Go down
biker_jet
Test Driver
biker_jet

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:15 pm

thanks tractorboy.. I'll be heading there tonight, all I need is a new reciever and good tires.
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:19 pm

Did you not get an ESC with the kit? (assume it was new, they all come with the TEU 101 BK)
The Tamiya ESC's will run a sport tuned....sometimes LOL

Which ever way, silver can will be too slow....not sure what gearing you have an there but if it is stock, it will be slow on Al-Ain track, you need to put a bigger pinion....what is stock on those??

I have a stack of Sorex tires if you need.....but dont have many sponge insertss....check the proces of the Sorex 36R on rcmart, multiply by 4 and you can have them at that price....that will cover me on costs, shipping and crap exchange rate through paypal...

There are a lot of setup factors to consider....camber, castor, and toe-in/out....a good start point is how they recommend in the kit.....make it accurate on that, and then start making changes...
Back to top Go down
biker_jet
Test Driver
biker_jet

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:32 pm

It comes with the stock motor but without the esc. All is stock and I'll check on the gear's tooth count when I get home. I'll run the radial tires that came with the kit for a while and if its a crap tire, I'll get the sorex (probably i'll get that eventually). I'll start with the kit's recomendation and the advice you guys have given me then I'll work on it one step at a time

Thanks to all, everyone is so supportive..
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:51 pm

now dont cry biker jet ok... the kit comes with 20t pinion on 70t spur.. as per manual its 70t/20x2.055=7.175:1 FDR hope this helps smile
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:02 am

Looking at the manual for the TA05 it gives the TA05-IFS an Internal Ratio of 2.25 and the only ratios it gives are from 21T pinion to a 25T the FDR's for each being 7.50 and 6.30...

I dont own one so I dont know if theV2 is different? but that means that you would have to get different module gear sets......

My TB03 uses a 64T Spur, also 0.6module...wonder if it would fit....that could get you closer to 6 FDR....
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:29 am

the ta05v2 comes with 37/18 pulley combinations ~ 2.056 (just like jebjeb said) and a 70T spur..

you might wanna maximize the legallities and bring the FDR down to 6.0..
The "how to calculate" is in the manual.. check it out..

smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
biker_jet
Test Driver
biker_jet

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:19 pm

It took me 7 hours last night building the kit and its not even 70% done.. tonight I'll get the motor set and will run it as is this saturday.. Probably next week's task is the gear ratio.. I never thought building a kit is so time consuming but its worth every minute.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:02 pm

you mean you havent tried building one before? i thought thats your second kit.. wait till you till get your hands on one of those highend kits.. you might need to apply for a few days leave if you wanna get it done asap lol

building a kit is always worth it bro clown
nice to know your havving fun.. goodluck!
Back to top Go down
bong
Chase Driver
bong

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:05 pm

click this link to calculate your gear ratio and to help you choose your gears,

http://www.gearchart.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=chart.create
Back to top Go down
http://www.kodakcinelabs.ae
biker_jet
Test Driver
biker_jet

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:33 pm

Yes, this is my first kit build because my first kit was an RTR. I think, those high end kits are just waiting for me around the corner. Hehe, I'm still resisting to open RCmart again or else I'll be left with 2 unfinished kits in my living room
Back to top Go down
biker_jet
Test Driver
biker_jet

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:34 pm

thank you sir bong!
Back to top Go down
biker_jet
Test Driver
biker_jet

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:23 pm

Finally, got the ta05 up and running. However, Im running on silver cans since the last piece of Sport tuned was already bought from hobbies zone. I got myself a new motor from RC mart and the Bravo ESC, it shoud be here in a few days. I got a new radio as well, its the KOPRO EX5 UR, I think its a good package since it has 2 recievers already. I'll sell my old 2.4 for a really cheap price in a few days.

I'll bring the tourer this saturday just for tuning but I'll join the mayhem next week if erverything is all set.

One more thing, I can not fit my lipo in the TA05 since the wires from the lipo is coming from the side. Any ideas on this???
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:48 pm

wow! congratulations!

too bad you weren't able to get a sport tuned motor..
let's ask vinesh if he still has any.. Vin?

what type of Li-Po batts do you use?
wired or banana plug type?

this should not be much of a problem as there is plenty of space for the batts..

try flipping and rotating the batteries to get the correct place..
Back to top Go down
biker_jet
Test Driver
biker_jet

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi lance,

Thanks.. That's ok since I ordered the Yeah Racing Hackamoto brushed motor with the bravo esc. I thought I may try Yeah racing's brushed motors since thier brushless performed flawless on my drift car. I have the wired lipo's, I can fit them but not leveled because the wires are protruding on the side. Im not sure if the lipos are ok with that or it should be leveled like what the manual said
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..   I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts.. Empty

Back to top Go down

I just got my tourer, need advice from the experts..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DubDrift :: EP General Forums :: EP Touring :: Technical Discussion-
Jump to: