DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator
DubDrift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubdrift : RC Drif Abu Dhabi

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
TT01 offroading? Advice needed. Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
TT01 offroading? Advice needed. Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
TT01 offroading? Advice needed. Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
TT01 offroading? Advice needed. Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
TT01 offroading? Advice needed. Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
TT01 offroading? Advice needed. Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
TT01 offroading? Advice needed. Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
TT01 offroading? Advice needed. Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
TT01 offroading? Advice needed. Vote_lcapTT01 offroading? Advice needed. Voting_barTT01 offroading? Advice needed. Vote_rcap 
Jay
TT01 offroading? Advice needed. Vote_lcapTT01 offroading? Advice needed. Voting_barTT01 offroading? Advice needed. Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

TT01 offroading? Advice needed.

Go down 
+2
Aemal
Abdul Basit
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

TT01 offroading? Advice needed. Empty
PostSubject: TT01 offroading? Advice needed.   TT01 offroading? Advice needed. EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 7:59 pm

Heya.

I've been thinking about using the TT01 for offroading purposes. Currently, I think all I need is a lot more ground clearance and some rally tires.

I will use the dampers from one my buggies, that should solve the height matter.

For tires...I think i need to do something about that.

Are there any other things that I should think about before I start rallying? Currently, the TT01 is stock except for the spool and aluminium propellor shaft. The plastics bits are cheap to replace also..

DUBRALLY?

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
Aemal
Driver

PostSubject: Re: TT01 offroading? Advice needed.   TT01 offroading? Advice needed. EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:19 pm

abdull basit,
ask petee search his name on the memberlist he is selling rally block tires
Back to top Go down
Unixeer
Co-Driver
Unixeer

PostSubject: Re: TT01 offroading? Advice needed.   TT01 offroading? Advice needed. EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 3:40 am

well this is my plan too buddy

the needs are

tires, lift up ( not jumper size) hard oil and sprint in both front and read
hmmm rally body, and if possible some toe in in the front

the needs after
clean, and i mean reaaaly clean all bearings ( air pressure)
clean under all electronics

what to do to run it again
seal all electronics with some balloon or pieces of rubbery plastic

u can ask Uncle youtube for some extra experiences. lets start rallying !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.OmanST.NeT
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: TT01 offroading? Advice needed.   TT01 offroading? Advice needed. EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:38 pm

Unixeer!!
Yeah, let's rally.

This what I need to do to get it running in the dirt again...

1) New spur gear. The pinion ate into the spur.

2) Need to figure out a way or two to to increase the ground clearance. The TT01 honestly can't go over many things with the low clearance it has

3) Will find something to cover the chassis. I don't want it to get all scratched up sad

4) Make a cover for the drive shaft. Don't want to get pebbles in now do we?

5) Some rally block tires. Know where I can find some?

I clean my chassis regularly, and very well too. And just put the electics back in yesterday, cleaned everything fairly very well.

You can't set toe on the TT01E without spending money, and when you're rallying, this is the golden rule:

"Don't buy upgrades. They will break, and will be costly to repair. Buy replacement parts."

I do have buggy dampers. But if you fit them into the TT01E, even though the height increases by about half an inch, the dampers became useless. Because you have to squeeze them to the MAX to make them fit..

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: TT01 offroading? Advice needed.   TT01 offroading? Advice needed. EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 3:06 pm

Did a few DIY modifications...

I am proud to say...

I now have a little under an entire INCH of clearance in the rear! Need to do the same in the front, and then I'll find out how much exactly I've raised it.

Very little suspension play though sad

What I'm planning to do is make 2 shock towers out of wood, so I can mount the shock higher, without losing too much clearance...

Come on guys....Share 2 fils with me.

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: TT01 offroading? Advice needed.   TT01 offroading? Advice needed. EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 5:33 pm

buy a DF03-Ra! my 2 fils!

you're wasting your time on a tt01 very happy
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: TT01 offroading? Advice needed.   TT01 offroading? Advice needed. EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 5:38 pm

paul@play wrote:
buy a DF03-Ra! my 2 fils!

you're wasting your time on a tt01 very happy

+1.. blum3
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubdrift.com
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: TT01 offroading? Advice needed.   TT01 offroading? Advice needed. EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 5:42 pm

Lol.

Well, LOTS of people use the TT01, TL01, TA02, the DF03RA is a good rally kit, but I want to make my TT01E a TT01ERA = Enchanced Rally Eddtion...

Have you got a pinion/spur gear I can buy/take from you? I really want to get this thing running..

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

PostSubject: Re: TT01 offroading? Advice needed.   TT01 offroading? Advice needed. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:40 am

Hi,
No ones 2 fils are well spent on a DF03. I have a DF03 based car and the mainshaft wears very quickly and then chews all of the plastic gears, its a well known problem.

TT01 is fine as a rally car, all I can suggest is try and seal around the gear boxes. Blu tak is easy to apply and remove and makes a good enough seal against sand.

The rally block tyres will give you a bit more ride height as the tread is tall compared to normal tyres.

Duane.
Back to top Go down
Unixeer
Co-Driver
Unixeer

PostSubject: Re: TT01 offroading? Advice needed.   TT01 offroading? Advice needed. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:15 am

abdull for the rally tires here we got in my friends shop with dotted tires ( fitted with wheels) and it has a little height, its 12 omani rials

and about not to upgrade for rallying am telling u am using the fully hopped up version of TT-01D and yes it wont break ( my chassis is standard ) so i dont care about it

and u got to try some

the gear boxes are already sealed and u need to grease a little where the dog-bones intact

and if u can find some (plastic Spray) that u can spray electronics if needed ( ask youtube)

and for rallying its not like buggy off-roading of-corse u need to make consideration about the track built, ive tried the kit off-roading and its like heaven ( hehehe where is ken_block)

u need tourque so u need the stock gearing thats it, and it might get hot inside the box

another advice please buy an air sprayer which u can charge before and use it after each rallying and for spare parts u might consider wheel hexes and dogbones ( and L-N Key hex if ur using the universal swing bars ( and if ur using the stock jumpiness ) refill with harder oil and spring ( u might try HPI springs) of use coil-overs or spacers ( which one u might use depends)

and give it a try

OFF-ROADING is not sanding deep and crashing like a rock crawler !!!

stay in touch
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: TT01 offroading? Advice needed.   TT01 offroading? Advice needed. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:41 pm

Thanks Unixeer. Will keep all that in mind, lots of great advice.

Does anyone have some extra shock mounts? I need some to make this...

TT01 offroading? Advice needed. Getuserimage.asp?t=g&id=img15781_29112007225533_3_350

...I'm also going to need some TL01 outdrives because the TT01 outdrives mess around with the suspension arms. But I'm going to need the TL01's differential gears since it has splined ones... sad

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: TT01 offroading? Advice needed.   TT01 offroading? Advice needed. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 12:09 am

UPDATE:

The TT01ERA lives!

The servo has been taken care off, now all I need is a shell. It's amazing! It's great on dirt, even with racing tires on, it's great on grass, and the 27t is faster than I had expected it to be on all surfaces!

...However it does look like a drag racing car. The front had to be dropped. It hasn't got as much clearance as it did before...Only on the front though wink And even that isn't to the stock level.

The front will only come back up once I make the tie rods. As shown in the picture in the previous post.

THE TT01ERA WILL RUN ON SATURDAY!
Back to top Go down
Unixeer
Co-Driver
Unixeer

PostSubject: Re: TT01 offroading? Advice needed.   TT01 offroading? Advice needed. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 3:44 am

abdull try cutting a little bit from the springs of that long jumpiness so it gets on level of fitting and the clearance remains ( i suppose the springs are extra hard !!!
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: TT01 offroading? Advice needed.   TT01 offroading? Advice needed. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 12:22 pm

I don't understand what you are trying to say scratch

The dampers on the front are the friction dampers that come as stock on most Tamiya kits.
With the silver spring. I think it's hard.

The dampers on the rear are buggy dampers. I'd say about 7.5cm. The rear end is perfectly fine, it's just that the front tends to get stuck, because of the lowER height.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TT01 offroading? Advice needed.   TT01 offroading? Advice needed. Empty

Back to top Go down

TT01 offroading? Advice needed.
Page 1 of 1